The Great X-Men Storytime - Vol. 5: Fall of the Mutants (Part 4)

And we're back!

Starting early today cuz I can! (don't get used to it)

PREVIOUSLY ON X-MEN:

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!5kJFCBjJ!TG-NaDE3TdmkZ_uVOkD3eg
crushingkrisis.com/crushing-comics-guide-collecting-marvel-comic-books/x-men-reading-order-guide/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This issue's a brief interlude before we get on with the main plot (there's actually two of them).

Weird how they, mutants, call Amara a "mutie". Doesn't really make much sense to me...

Creep.

What an asshole!

>You ARE a creep, aren't you, Empath?
Read my damn mind.

I don't like that Empath is one of the very few surviving Hellions, not gonna lie.

Oi, spoilers! I guess.

Thank you

I've been to Buenos Aires once. It was pretty alright, although I never had the chance to visit their famous cemetery.

Eh, it's a decades old spoiler. And it's not like it's a good development either, I'm still miffed about it if I'm perfectly honest.

>...which is convenient because that means I don't have to drag his ass out of here too!

Hey, no problem, man!

Alright, calm down, Al Gore.

>D'ya guys know the way ta Wayne Manor?

I guess that goes in line with how Claremont had been building him up as the only one that matters.

I thought the Hellions were killed shortly after Claremont left.

Where do you get all these? Do you individually download each issue or have you downloaded every X-book ever (if so, where did you do so?)

Yeah, that's fucked up.

X-user
how do you feel about Ema Frost becoming a mass murderer of innocent inhumans (through Sentinels she created off pannel by mind controlling forge off pannel)?

Same month X-Men #1 came out, so, sorta.

Go away, T'Challa!

Different sources. Most I got from KAT (so I guess you're kinda SOL in that regard), and a few I got from LibGen. Also, I'm always checking to see if any issues I have as scans have been released as digital rips. Here's the Mega that, again, I forgot to add to the OP because I'm dumb like that:
mega.nz/#F!5kJFCBjJ!TG-NaDE3TdmkZ_uVOkD3eg

I would expect him to be able to sooth an animal with no problems. Sad!

Oof. While I think that Emma going over the edge because of Scott's death makes sense, it wasn't developed in the best way by Soule and Lemire, at least from what I've read. The whole thing stinks of editorial mandate, and as an up-and-coming writer it pisses me off to see other writers sell out like that.
And of course, the Deus Ex Sentinels are stupid, but is anyone surprised by another bit of bad writing at this point?

As if he wasn't worst boy already.

AMARA NO

I just dont like to see toys get broken if it makes sense. She has just become unusable (as a hero).
She isnt even an antihero, or a logical terrorist like 80s Mystique who was similar to IRA, she is an insane villain who should go to jail for killing a bunch of people.
I am interested in Soule's X Men book because I want to see how Bishop recovers from his character assassination, but I am angry at him for doing that to Emma.

Sorry Wheezie, you're not gonna make me feel for fucking Empath.

>I just dont like to see toys get broken if it makes sense
Makes all the sense in the world, my friend. Thankfully, these are superhero comics, where any writer can ass-pull a retcon to fix something they don't like! It may take a few years, maybe even decades, but an Emma Frost fanboy/girl is bound to fix this at some point.

>Soule's X Men book
Wait, what the fuck? They're giving Soule an X-Men book? Fucking SOULE? Why?!

Geez, talk about news that UN-made my day.

Sorry for posting a image

a new book
the roster is
bishop, fantomex, old man logan, rogue, gambit, psylocke, mystique

it gets released in July. I dont remember the name but it is not Uncanny. Perhaps astonishing.

it's Astonishing X-Men
the roster gets the writer it deserves

Now, you want filler? You got it!

What the hell...

Alright, so this isn't THAT filler-ish, since we were actually owed an explanation of just what the hell happened to Illyana back in #21.

Man, drawing all that circuitry must've been a pain!

It's been a while since we saw this line-up.

Nice

>She must be DESTROYED!
Classic Cyke!

>Oi! Gunna knife ya, mate!
Oh no, Wolverine's turned into a shitposter!

Heh, "sleazoid".

>We got the idea from a Ridley Scott movie!

Damn, sucker never had a chance.

Creepy.

I think it's like when black kids playing basketball will call eachother nigga, negro or nigger.

It's banter. Though it's the kind of banter that Emma should crack the fuck down on.

I think they call her mutie because her team is New "Mutants", it must be a term they use for their rival team.

Fucking with emotions probably requires a bit of composure and concentration.

Which is hard to maintain when you're nose to nose with a jaguar.

Still wish you'd post the order you're using, OP.

Yeah, but that's even more confusing. Because didn't they bury the hachet after Emma helped the New Mutants with their shellshock? Ooor at that one party?

It seems like a weird ass regression. And it's still something Emma shouldn't be ignoring. Maybe I'm just too used to her Gen X Team Mom characterization.

I sort of do, because it's a lot like being autistic in a room full of loud noises. That you can never leave.

Mostly this:
crushingkrisis.com/crushing-comics-guide-collecting-marvel-comic-books/x-men-reading-order-guide/

With a few adjustments by moi.

:(

Sorry dude, I just hate that little creep-o.

Fucking hell.

You THINK?

GOOD SHIT

brb

Are you keeping a condensed version in a text file or something? Krisis is a good order, but it's obviously catered to the trade and often...verbose.

Dammit, 'Lock.

Check the Mega if you want to see how I organize stuff. Basically, I use folders to organize issues by chunks based on the Krisis order. Most events are organized by reading order though.

I wanna be cremated when I die. Waste of space otherwise desu

Uh-oh.

GODDAMMIT, 'LOCK

That must've been the most traumatizing shit ever.

This

>straight outta westchester crazy motherfucker named Cypher
>From the gang called muties With Attitudes

Oh, those poor crazy kids.

>inhumans
>innocent

Huff the mist, eat the fist

...damn it.

Oh, you don't know the half of it, Warlock.

one of the things I loved about Logan was how it treated "mutie" like a proper slur

I admit, I've always had a bit of a hard time taking it seriously, both because of its casual use in the comics and the fact that it sounds like "cutie".

>New Mutant Epic collection this week
>Excalibur Epic next week

I think the Claremont era they try to make it like a real slur, (all the panels of Kitty using slurs people love posting out of context) but it just didn't really stick. one of the reasons I think muh pheonix is dumb is shortening it to another term that's even dumber.

Ha, I can't imagine being worried about X-Men character death spoilers. It'd be a bigger spoiler to find out that someone never died.