Any comics of the king I should know about?

Any comics of the king I should know about?

He better not win in 2020

Other urls found in this thread:

cbr.com/kong-skull-island-comic-book/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Kong_(comics)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titano
youtube.com/watch?v=4UXUuZ4uf-0
youtube.com/watch?v=inD6cBrAH9I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He's probably going to win. The movies are made by Americans and Kong is an American icon. (I'd prefer Godzilla to win though).

Kong won in a Japanese picture tho

And G isn't a villain this time

How would Kong deal with atomic breath?

>Godzilla lost last time in a Japanese film
>Godzilla is a Japanese icon

really activates those neurons

It's gonna be like Batman vs Superman where they fight and then become allies to take on another monster like Ghidorah.

Godzilla was still very much a "villain" character at the time. It was only his third film and he was seen as an evil monster in his first two.

but he isn't one n this universe

Who knew their mom's shared the same name!

M-Mothra

WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME

>This universe has a Kong that never climbed the Empire State Building
It just feels...weird. Like they missed the entire point.

76 had no empire state building

>It's not the other way around

almost perfect

No, but they had the WTC in its place. I was mostly referring to the entire sequence of Kong being brought to our world...that's always been the 'point' of the character to me.

Can someone do a Constanza edit with Kong holding a tree?

I really hope Godzilla doesn't do this

I get what you're saying but ultimately Kong is really just a giant monster that can be thrown into what scenario the screenwriters come up with. I'm sure he'll do something similar to the final act in Godzilla vs. King Kong

Mothra

LE UPVOTE XD

It's going to be either a draw or team up

Godzilla is a good guy in this universe

This is my most anticipated movie!

Fuck the MCU boring capeshit! Bring the Monsterverse WB!

Saw this movie, it was shit

They are some comics coming:

cbr.com/kong-skull-island-comic-book/

Can't wait!

I figured as much with the 78% on RT

anyone been watching James Rolfe's Kongathon? Shit's fascinating, I never knew how fucked up the legal issues about Kong are. I hope he does a lot more well-researched work in the future, he seems to really enjoy it.

Anyway I fucking love giant apes and King Kong's no exception so my ass is gonna be in a seat tomorrow night and I can't wait. Stoked for the versus movie in 2020, too.

I don't know what Skull Island's gonna do, but since it's a period piece, I imagine they're going to leave Kong on the island. What I really want to see in Kong vs Godzilla is the Godzilla tracking team or whatever following Godzilla to Skull Island, and while on the island Godzilla gets fucking stomped since Kong's got the home field advantage. But Godzilla damaged Kong enough to where the Godzilla team can knock him out too, and then they call in extraction teams or whatever that bring both back to the states. Then they both wake up in the big city and have another fight there.

>KING Kong
>Godzilla, KING of Monsters
MOTHER OF GOD... They're long-lost brothers.

No they are just TWO KINGS!

Kong, King of Skull Island.

And, Godzilla King of the Monsters

fuck if King Ghidorah DOES show up to be the big bad they team up to fight, then I'm gonna scream

A three-way battle to determine the one true king.

L'Upvote, you mean. If you're going to try speaking French, at least do it right.

A true Battle Royal!

I swear to fuck if that's not the goddamn tagline.

It's average rating is like 6.4/10, I'd say the movie was a four out of ten.

+monster battles where great but spoiled by the trailers
+john c reilly is the only good character
+hearing the godzilla sheronk in IMAX again was worth it

-movie is heavy handed with it's "social commentary" and simplified the vietnam war to stupid black vs white scenario while brie larson plays an annoying one dimension liberal bleeding heart to sam jackson's angry war crazy general who wants to napalm kong
-all of the characters that aren't john c reilly suck ass and you spend most of the movie with them
-one character gets a really brutal death for no reason and he's the only one who started to get development once they were on the island
-the logic starts to crumble when m16s and 50 caliber guns can't hurt these monsters but katanas, helicopter blades and sharp piles of wood can
-there's a chinese lady that's ONLY there to appeal to the chink market and is never in danger, has like three lines
-loki and captain marvel do nothing for the entire film despite being the leading man and lady, criticize the soldiers that are saving their asses constantly
-NONE of the humor works. none of it. Age of Ultron tier "comedy".
-has really bad editing, scenes cut abruptly and change tone constantly
-the characters have a portable record player they bring around with them for the purpose of having random Vietnam Era music playing during the action scenes, and none it works. Suicide Squad tier

i'm really disapointed

>monster battles were great

literally all i needed to hear, everything else is either tolerable or a bonus

Me too.

That's what i want to see from a Kong movie. Big monster fights. Humans? I don't give a damn.

They're saving that for Kong vs.

>can't be bothered to look up some King Kong comics
Kill yourself, you lazy sack of shit.

Like BvS, they will fight at first but team up to face Ghidorah and Mothra makes a surprise appearance

Aw shit.

Well Godzilla is the nigh-indestructible one with super powers, and Kong is more intelligent and uses tools, so I'd say it's good as-is.

Love to see some Giant Spiders!

pic related

By going bananas

Watched the Kongathon too. Good shit but I wish James would go back to putting actual footage in his reviews as opposed to still frames. I assume he does that to avoid copyright issues but I'm certain it must fall under fair use. A complex legal issue at times in and of itself.

Gorilla warfare is no joke.

see this line of thought is why skull island sucked.

you get monster battles but it's not that many, around 4 main ones (kong vs helicopters, kong vs oodako, kong vs tiny skull crawlers, kong vs mommy skull crawler) and if you've seen the trailers you have a good idea of what the choreography is like.

it's NOT worth sitting and hour and a half of bullshit to get 30 minutes of fun stuff.

Old habits die hard, I suppose. I think he's just extremely cautious.

Like, if he DID use footage from a King Kong movie, even after all that research, I don't even know if HE would know who could sue him.

There are other monsters too though. Even if they don't fight against Kong.

The giant spiders, the tree mantis, the pterosaurs, the giant water buffalo.

>+hearing the godzilla sheronk in IMAX again was worth it
Godzilla is in this?

not him and i haven't seen it but from Day One i expected Godzilla to be in the post-credits stinger at a minimum

You say that, but Godzilla was worth it for the giant monster battles alone.

James' movie reviews are the comfiest things to ever exist.

They'll team up against someone.

Or it'll be a draw like last time.

Shut up tripfag

That thought never even occurred to me. This is great news.

Love you too, buddy.

Something like this?

I'll try to get it colored in just a bit.

He's at his best when he's just calmly dropping some sweet knowledge about stuff he's passionate about. Even all the best AVGN episodes, like Swordquest, feature James just...explaining things. I love it.

Fuck Mike Matei though. In addition to being an unfunny fucker, he never has anything really meaningful to say, whereas James is a knowledgeable guy. Plus, scholars at /vr/ have deduced that his playthroughs are fraudulent so he's just a piece of shit on top of that.

I miss Bootsy.

To actually answer OP's question...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Kong_(comics)

Isn't one of Superman's Silver Age enemies a giant ape? I can't remember the name but I even remember an Animated Series episode about it.

Pretty close to King Kong.

Was anybody else put out by King Kong being one of the Phantom Zone villains in The Lego Batman Movie?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titano

I see you fully captured the goofiness of Toho's Kong. Not bad.

need an eyebrow raised

Destoroyah maybe?

He can handle flames just fine, apparently. And he's a young ape in Skull Island, so he'll be stronger by the next movie.

Kong is way cooler than Godzilla you guys

Legendary would have to get the rights, but that'd be neat. Maybe a new monster.

Which reminds me, Legendary, you guys said you're making a "monster UNIVERSE". Two monsters are not a universe.

You sure about that?

Considering that I found Age of Ultron pretty okay and was really just there for the fights, and I love giant monsters, monster designs, and cool backgrounds, as well as Vietnam Era Music, I'll probably like it.

Sorry you were disappointed man-- hopefully Godzilla 2 will be better.

It'd be neat to get a solo Rodan movie again, which hasn't happened in like 60 years

>scholars at /vr/ have deduced that his playthroughs are fraudulent

interesting. explain?

I will never stop calling Mike Matei "Mike Matinee" because of that one video Rolfe did

I watch the King Kong musical, probably not the one you're thinking of, or the other one.
youtube.com/watch?v=4UXUuZ4uf-0

>THREE King Kong musicals exist in this timeline

That's actually a very good point

I love his movie reviews. I never knew the King Kong rights were such a legal clusterfuck. You learn a lot of neat trivia from his reviews, you can tell he's really got a passion for the stuff he talks about unlike that Nostalgia Bozo.

They just looked kind of furrowed in the pic to me.

Considering Rodan is my favorite Toho kaiju, I'd be down.

it's a contraction, same thing

I'm suprised literally no one talks about this, it's the or of the best looking comics out there and the best Kaiju comic in years

I don't have the links, but basically, a dedicated /vr/ poster watched his video very carefully (I think it was his Punch-Out!! video) and noticed that his button presses (detectable by clacking) didn't match up to the action on screen.

The theory is that Mike pre-records his gameplay, edits it to make him look better than he is, and mimes the controller inputs and "reacts" to it

Basically he wants to be as skilled and charismatic as Bootsy so bad that he's gone so far as to try and manipulate/script his videos. But he still sucks.

Cruise by /vr/ and I'm sure they'll have more info.

They should see what other old monsters are up for sale.

Maybe Gorgo, or Reptilicus. Or Q.

Wonder how America would feel about Gamera?

Probably like him. He's pretty famous, if only because of MST3K and all the parodies.

hah nice

DUUUM
DUM DUM DUM DUUUM

I have this.

What I really want is someone to get an edit of Winnie the Pooh with his baseball bat

Kongstanza is complete.

youtube.com/watch?v=inD6cBrAH9I

He will win in 2020 because he is a teenager in Skull Island

I want a Gamera movie

>He better not win in 2020
Why not his movie was way better than legendary godzillas

>I seriously hope the skullcrawlers don't do this

don't pick this fight with me boi

Bring it old man

That's OP

He king of these parts

He is a faggot mostly

But you don't go into someone's thread, dropping disagreements unless your picking a fight

Yeah in post credits scene

Did anyone see skull island tonight is it any good or even passable as a "cheesy big summer flick"? going to the movies on sunday and i allready saw logan and lego batman so im kinda fucked on what to go see.

You are an idiot, Kong isn't more popular than Godzilla in murrika.

>Ghidora
>Mothra
>other shit that's too blurry to tell
Holy shit

Electric powers and implants courtesy of monarch The fourth movie was batman vs Godzilla but the series killed that possibility.