Is it me or has Iron Man's armor just gotten shittier and shittier looking as time's gone on...

Is it me or has Iron Man's armor just gotten shittier and shittier looking as time's gone on? The only time it looked good was in IM 1.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i4vAZZ8iLGY
youtube.com/watch?v=QV0eNwW-JMw
youtu.be/N55J3mxFL4A?t=44s
youtube.com/watch?v=vuUCFYL8v7M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If you read some stories about early concepts, they actually wanted to make him look organic, with artifical muscles. Then Adi Granov was like "no, guys, your're fucking it all up, iron man should have pistons" and he drew the Mark III, classic comicbook stuff, a simple but striking design.
Now they're making it more and more sleek and organic. For civil war, I can't even tell where the joints are. At this point it's just a red bodysuit with LEDs.
War machine looks so much better.

Remember when Iron Man was a badass who killed?
I member

Look at this shit!

God, that CGI aged pretty well. And I thought it sucked back in '08. How far we've fallen.

Hey where are the quips

IM1 was good how did everything involving Ironman go to complete shit after one movie?

There's no point spending $50m more to make the cg 50% better when people will watch it anyway.

IM2 was a shameless rehash, but I think IM3 was really good, one of the few actually good marvel flicks.

I liked IM3 but otherwise I agree every other appearance of him in the MCU was terrible and I think I actually hate the character now. He didn't get a single laugh out of me in Homecoming.

this one was gimmicky but i liked it.

What a simpler time.

He didn't even make one joke in all of that.

How does the suit know who's civilians and who's not? Also why is he called Iron Man when the suit isn't even made of Iron?

CGI has just gotten so much worse over the years because people are willing to pay anyway.

I rewatched it not so long ago and was surprised now "serious" it is. Feels more like dark knight than any other post IM1 marvel movie. It was almost surreal.

MCU went to shit when Disney bought Marvel

Last good marvel movie was thor 1

I remember seeing that tv spot with IM walking away from exploding tank. That was the coolest shit ever, I was so hyped to see my favorite hero on the big screen. And it actually was good. Where did everything go so wrong?

Iron Man is now getting the Asgardian circuit lines all over his costume too?

> Asgardian circuit lines
What do you mean?

The biggest problem i have with the more recent armors is the chest arc reactor, its not showing the full circle and it messes with the aesthetic.

Didn't Disney not build any new armor after the first movie? In IM1 the suit is a real suit sometimes. Like shows it's not all CG. Any part where Tony's moving slowly or not at all is RDJ wearing the prop iron man suit. In later movies Disney had him wear the same suit and just CG'd the difference between them. But the suit was uncomfortable as hell. Like Jim Carrey's Grinch mask but not as extreme. Instead of making a new suit for later movies it's all CG'd in.
As the Iron Man movies progress Disney has taken the path of least effort. The new "organic" look is easier to model and animate - just have the actor wear a diving suit painted the right color and CG some shit in there. Kinda like black panther.

IIRC its largely because they used physical costumes + CGI in the first, and now they just use CGI.

Design wise I agree too, but visually they just look worse overall because they're almost pure CGI now.

It's probably not even RDJ in there.

At least the Iron Spider suit looks breddy gud

agreed. played well for being a suitcase suit.

This movie was the darkest Iron Man movie by far.
He just straight up kills those fuckers like it's no one's business.

I agree this is the darkest of the three Iron Man films, but didn't he kill some people Iron Man 3 as well?

Yes, with guns.

Why do you think he doesn't kill anymore? He hasn't been given the opportunity. He even tried to kill Killian in IM3, there's no way he knew he would survive the explosion.

In Civil War he doesn't kill because those were his friends.

felt more like the oppisite for me, iron man movies and scenes were fun because rdj is a funny guy

I haven't seen Iron Man 3 in a long time, but IIRC he uses some Home Alone gadgets he built from scraps to deal with some security guards for Mandarin and then he uses his remote controlled suits to kill those lava mutants at the end.
It wasn't anything like what happened in the first movie. IM1 is still the darkest out of the three.

I could give less of a shit about how Iron Man's armor looks. I don't watch those movies for "Iron Man", I watch them for Tony Stark and the rest of the characters. Good Characters are better than any sort of CGI or prop. Marvel won because people like the characters, not for "pew pew special effects".

youtube.com/watch?v=i4vAZZ8iLGY

I'm pretty sure the entire team of Avengers kill people at the beginning of Age of Ultron. They don't specifically show them dying or anything but there's no way all those guys survived those hits. None of the characters have ever been that anti-killing. Hell, in the first Avengers Captain America kills a guy that's just brainwashed, not even evil.

>marvel won the fake brand war over the robopathic cannibal cattle people
>i don’t watch capeshit for the caped heros like a normal person, i watch it because the shallow charicatures of humanity depicted therein allows me to live out vicarious interpetations of what a real human bean would be like
>i have no soul and neither did/do my family so i don’t care
>here’s a smug meme of a hollywood mkultra bot smiling at manchild cattle
>i am human cattle
>brand me with 666 please im cattle

BASED cocky Tony is BASED
BASED SCENE IS BASED

> Age of Ultron
And civil war,

>Good Characters
lmao shitskins actually believe this

You're a very sad person

He killed one of the extremist people with a microwave

youtube.com/watch?v=QV0eNwW-JMw

and another with unibeam

youtu.be/N55J3mxFL4A?t=44s

>quips every 5 seconds
>generic 'fast paced action scene' soundtrack
>nobody knows how to fire a gun
>Tony's poor control over his own tech makes him look incompetent and unimposing
>we barely see any of the thugs get hurt or outright killed
Awful scene with zero tension. Completely anemic compared to the Afghanistan scenes from IM1.

>bugman who thinks marvel popcorn trash is the pinnacle of film calling anyone sad

I think I would be fine with these fucking flicks if only they looked even marginally better.
How are they uglier than Netflix Marvel's series?

Same with Hulk.

>Ice cream us my fr..
>RRRREEEEEEE

My extremisfu!

unironically this I'm afraid mates

The AoU one was GOAT

Iron man kills in almost every movie he's in though. He just hasn't fought regular dudes since then
Most of the Avenger line up kills people pretty regularly

have you watched some of the avengers 1 stuff? it looks completly like shit

In terms of CG Age of Ultron looked much worse than The Avengers

youtube.com/watch?v=vuUCFYL8v7M

the first scene alone looks like a cheap game cutscene

>implying Americans don't love Marvel

Check the domestic box office numbers DCPanjeet

How would you guys rank the armors Tony has worn so far?

Mark 1, 2,3,4,5,6,7,16, 33, 40, 42,43,44,45, 46, and 47

>implying Americans don't love Marvel
and america is full of shitskins, what's your point?

because (unironically) IronMan 1 is the only actually GOOD marvel movie
the rest are "good for a comic book flick" or "fucking awful garbage"
>bbbuttttt winter solider
its literally only good for being a comic book movie...its crap as a tense political spy/thriller/action film.

>Marvel won because people like the characters, not for "pew pew special effects".
lmao is that why people love black widow and hawkeye so much?

IM1, Cap 2, GOTG and Ant-Man are the best Marvel movies.

> Ant-Man

The pieced together cave armor will always be the coolest.

I can't believe how long ago Iron Man feels like now. What a ride honestly.

Get the fuck out, Fillion. Haven't you got another show waiting to be cancelled?

Numero uno.

Uh, excuse me. I think you forgot that 'my turn' was the coolest part of that trailer.

I love the black/red color scheme

As a matter of fact, I did. The tank part is the only thing I remember.

Iron Man and War Machine armors

Are we ever going to get the Rescue Armor in the MCU?

What, that looks fucking great.
Looks high tech as fuck, much more modern than the older suits.
No clue how it will hold up in realization, but looks like a natural progression on extremely advanced armor.

>the suit that got blacked

Any Iron man suit with a triangle at the chest is fucking gay

Fuck Triangles

I hope so.

they said he'll use the Bleeding Edge suit in IW so yeah, it's basically what you said.

To be fair, I can't find the trailer that's in my head, so I might be making it up... It was a long time ago.

Switch ant man for IM3 and you're right

>Fuck Triangles
SHUT IT DOWN

I had a theory after Jarvis got turned into Vision and Tony made himself a female AI that she'd turn into his AI waifu now that what's her face playing Potts is sort of being tossed aside for her IRL crazy shit.

It isn't. It's a massive guy as a stand in so Iron man is taller than the rest of the cast.

I'm almost certain RDJ doesn't leave his home to record his scenes these days

Very cool but War Machine is always underutilized in all the movies he appears in. He always gets immasculated.

Here's another picture of it

I fucking hated Bleeding Edge so much.

>DUDE NANOBOTS LMAL

forgot pic

Replace Cap 2 with Cap 1 and Antman for Iron Man 3 and this is my list.

New armor sucks.
>no more flaps
>looks weightless
>tony somehow can punch
>less armor details like minor slits and grooves

Only disney marvel that has good armor is in civil war

> what's her face playing Potts
Paltrow. She was just in Homecoming, and supposedly she's in MCU to stay..

>tony somehow can punch
wat?

I have no words.

Ok, those wings are dumb.
Also a bit too much rest area in the legs
Wonder how the final thing will look like

>Ok, those wings are dumb.
Agreed. Looks like they are trying to do something like in the pic on the left but it doesn't work out imo.

>That middle picture
What the fuck, is he Blue Beetle now?
I'm glad I dropped MCU after Civil War

>What the fuck, is he Blue Beetle now?
Lets call him Red Beetle

same here
Civil War was so bad that I figured I can't listen to critics anymore. They lost any sense of film.
(I tried to watch GotG2 but it was kinda bad and I gave up)

If you going angelic go full wings, dont half ass it, go with a concept all the way through
Marvel is so afraid of sticking out too much, fuck me

Absolutely.

I think those back wings thruster things are a bit too much. Doesn't he have rocket boosters in his suit anways? The arm cannon looks cool, but that's mainly because I can't help but see Mega Man

THOR
CAPTAIN AMERICA
ANT-MAN
!!!FACT!!!

How do all the pieces fly separately without an arc reactor?

It would make more sense if Stark got ahold of the same tech that Peter Quill uses for his mask!!!FACT!!!

Next thing you'll ask how his suit works if it's put on top of his regular clothes, like a tuxedo. He made separate ark-reactors for his suits since IM2. In IM3, major parts have a mini-reactor and smol parts, like the mask, have capacitors, feeding off the other parts.

It was more of a Shane Black movie than a Marvel movie.
That said, I think it's one of Marvel's worst.

Civil war and Avengers 2 second armor is the best looking armor ever, what the fuck you even talking about

I'm not sure you meant to link that video but I liked it anyway.

It's because IM1 was mainly practical FX. When you saw something in IM1, it was probably real. At this point Disney really just doesn't give a shit, so they just make it CGI.