Domino and Valkyrie are "diverse"

In regards to all this "diversity" shit...

I'm tired of it, now Domino is going to be some chick named Zazie Beetz?

Can't find a hot white, now powder woman?

Blacks talked about "cultural appropriation" last year, but it's okay when they do it to Norse mythology?

Why can't Marvel just create new characters instead of ruining the ones that already exist?

Can't find a hot white Viking woman?
Also, what's wrong with showing some leg? Got to wear pants huh?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/jan/13/sky-pulls-broadcast-of-show-that-cast-white-actor-as-michael-jackson-joseph-fiennes-urban-myths
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I agree that this diversity push is stupid. Yes, diversity as a concept is awesome, but forcefully pushing it isn't the way to do it.

You want minority heroes to be famous? Make some movies about them.

>Blade
>Moon Knight
>White Tiger
>Ms. Marvel
>Silk

All could be great.

For the Domino thing, I'll reserve judgment until we see if she has white paint or not. Probably won't happen, but hey, maybe they want the controversy.

Why didn't they just drop in Misty Knight?
Afraid of the FRO I guess?
Had to replace Domino huh?

>Blade

>Blacks talked about "cultural appropriation" last year, but it's okay when they do it to Norse mythology?
>Thor
>Having anything to do with Norse mythology other than their names
You lost me here man.

If anything Thor had already been culturally appropriated in 1962.

stop talking about cultural appropriation, diversity, and my cat.

dont like racism mario do you?

Modern movies, sorry. The Blade trilogy was banging, but most people have forgotten them.

sing the squiddle song until you stop caring.

Fuck Off you racist twat.

> that image

So... they wanted to put Valkyrie in pants, which she has worn before? What's the problem, then?

On the plus side, Zazie Beetz was hot as hell in Altanta

So when the news hit, I was having a chat with my buddy and smoking a bowl. After a few hits I said, "Heh, I bet Sup Forums is crying over this. Not just the politically incorrect Sup Forums, the comic fans." So my buddy made a bet, it's almost like a "dead pool".

We set up a google calendar and made picks, the first moment there isn't a thread about people crying over "Blackwashing" or "Diversity" specifically calling out Zazie's casting, then we see who won. I have faith. I went long, I didn't pick a single day before next Thursday. I know you guys have it in your hearts to impotently rage about things that don't effect the real world for at least a week. AT LEAST. An entire pizza is on the line here. Keep the hate up, "true believers".

Representation is not 'forcefully pushing' you total fucking retard

In regards to the OP's persistent shit, I'm sick of it.

Go bother with it.

No, but constantly racebending characters is, you stupid cocksmuggler.

Domino is white.

And you keep obsessing over nerds on the internet as a means to feel superior to them.

Those women are biracial not black

These movie studios keep race bending to mixed chicks not actual black women

So much triggered.

Back to Tumblr with you.

nigger

Many personal attacks to distract from a rightful concern. Shills are so obvious to spot.

>Blacks talked about "cultural appropriation" last year, but it's okay when they do it to Norse mythology?

Blacks literally aren't in the position to do this for one. The other issue seems to be your misunderstanding of what "Culture Appropriation" means. However this is to be expected as you also believe in what the SJWs preach.

Culture Appropriation occurs when an individual invites himself into another's culture, fail to cite clear influences of said culture, in hopes of profiting himself. This also can fall into an individual discrediting said people or just plain out not acknowledging said people who formed the culture.

>Why can't Marvel just create new characters instead of ruining the ones that already exist?

Literally know nothing about these 2 yet. Don't even know how this will translate to the big screen.

>Also, what's wrong with showing some leg? Got to wear pants huh?

This, however, is a fair point. But one should also acknowledge, this is one of MANY interpretations of this character. Treat it was such, because creators will always have political bias or leaning when it comes to their work.

Yes. Did you have a question?

>Blacks talked about "cultural appropriation" last year
What happened? The only cultural appropriation thing right now is Ironfist. Plus Valkyrie's actress is part hispanic and white.

Same diff in America. They ID as Black they're black. People can only whine about you being too white if you're playing an ugly black woman.

Because Misty is owned by Disney while Deadpool is Fox produced.

>but it's okay when they do it to Norse mythology?
I stopped giving a crap when Thor became blond instead of a red head

Now fuck off Sup Forums

I dunno I can tell a mixed person from a black person

the one drop rule needs to die

Nah just keep up the good work you're an inspiration like that guy who gets into debates on Sup Forums by responding to troll graphs.

Hogun is Asian so I'll let this slide

>Yes. Did you have a question?

What kind of unfunny comeback is that? Are you a woman by any chance?

Well it never will because nobody wants it to die, so deal with it.

>the one drop rule needs to die
t. Somebody with one drop.

Wait a min. Isn't Moon Knight white?

Nice try, Shareblue. Everyone knows shills are forced to buy their keyboards by the button from their masters and cheap out on the punctuation marks.

> sex appeal is "borderline sexist"
And yet you showed your ass off in Westworld.
Hypocrite bitch.

> "What is a strong look?"
> "Like, she should probably be in pants"
Really?
Because people loved Dejah Thoris in John Carter as a strong female & she had bare legs (which her actress Lynn Collins actually championed for)
Your a shallow sham doing this for money, you don't give a fucking damn about the character or the people who love her.

It wasn't meant to be funny.

No.

Still taking questions.

No he wears white

you are fucking retarded

>No.

>Still taking questions.

Why do you lie on the internet about your sexual identity?

>I agree that this diversity push is stupid. Yes, diversity as a concept is awesome, but forcefully pushing it isn't the way to do it.

I will never understand how having diversity in anyway is "forcing it", considering this isn't any kind of a challenge to creators to bend the race of the character.

The case isn't "We want more famous minority heroes." The case is "We want more minorities in this project. It's not a hassle to bend the race so, let's do it."

Rei or Asuka?
Sam Alexander or Dick Rider?
Ham or Eggs?
Sup Forums/co or 8ch/co?
Moot or Hiro? explain your reasoning for this one.

Forcing it as in
"You're forcibly making this diverse by changing shit about established characters because you can't come up with your own shit."

I haven't made any statements about my sexual identity. Gender and sexuality have nothing to do with each other. I sexually identify as a "Fictionalsexual." I can only achieve orgasm when thinking about sexy cartoons and comics.

Still not being funny, please don't discriminate against my sexuality

>because you can't come up with your own shit."
Coming up with new characters that stick is pretty hard for the big two. But they already have characters that are minority, but never push them and prefer to go with the legacy shit.

Monica Rambeu should've been the YASS queen desu senpai.

>Still not being funny
You got that right, desu.

It's a bit ironic, from the sounds of it, Valkyrie doesn't have dick to do with Valkyrie either so she could've just been named whatever without the controversy though they probably want the controversy.

But in that case it would still be pushing diversity just to push it. Which ultimately makes it no different.

Neither. Misato
Never read Sam, so Dick by default
Eggs.
4 4eva
Moot, because it's like old coke and not like new coke Hiro.

Thanks, me too

>4 4eva
Did you come from reddit, 9gag or tumblr?

Lets face it, Lads. If Marvel were to do a King Arthur adaptation today, Sir Lancelot would be a black man.

reddit, never used the other two. also never used a chan outside of Sup Forums

Silly woman, there are only two genders. Nobody give two shits about your snowflake sexual identity.

casting a black woman to play Domino is like casting a black man to play Joker. They have bleached white skin ffs.

That's what I meant.
They're too lazy to come up with new minorities, while ALSO too lazy to come up with situations in which they can use the current minorities.

So they just "Dude race change lmao."

"We can't just make up new characters! That's stupid! Piss off comic fans, instead."

There's a difference between adding diversity
>What if we had Bishop be in the Deadpool movie? He might clash heads with Cable, create tension, and we can cast a black actor. He's fairly similar to DP, Cable, and Dom so they might mesh well as a unit.
And forcing it
>Dude fuck it, just make Domino black.

So you be sayin...

Well, I got quads, so I'm right. Sorry, honey.

Interesting.

Thanks for your participation.

doesn't the modern version of Valkyrie normally wear pants now anyways? They could of given her pants and still followed the overall design of her character. Movie Valkyrie is so bland and basic she looks like an extra in the background

Remeber what happned when they casted a white man to play Michael Jackson?

theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/jan/13/sky-pulls-broadcast-of-show-that-cast-white-actor-as-michael-jackson-joseph-fiennes-urban-myths

>Arthur literally cucked by a nigger
>a nigger is responsible for camelots downfall
That's perfect

He's Jewish.

Well yeah Comic fans are a minority, the ones that care about this moreso, but execs like characters in name only.

>blaming Lancelot and not Elaine

checked

>There's a difference between adding diversity
There's legitimately no difference.

1. It's all in the name of diversity
2. Domino is a fictional character who's skin color matters fuck all so having her be black not only fits the artist's vision, but also meets his agenda of casting who he wants and feels will be best suited.

Jewish is a religion

There are white Jews, black Jews, middle eastern Jews, etc

Who is they? Blacks are doing this or is the heads at Marvel doing this?

>who's skin color matters fuck all
It matters because it is the single iconic visual trait the character has. Its like taking the S off Superman.

Isn't it both a race and a religion?

>There's legitimately no difference.
Wrong.

>Domino is a fictional character who's skin color matters fuck all[...]
Oh fuck off with this gay shit yet again.
She's a fictional Caucasian character. Eat my ass, nigger.

it's not real diversity if its just white women and black people

Seems like the Jackson """""""""""family """""""" was more triggered than anybody else.

he's full on jewish, father is a rabbi and shit

>Brexit and Trump won, right wing and nationalist movements on the rise, in America libshits getting beaten with sticks, and now almost everyone hates rapefugees, whole world is slowly uncucking itself
>Marvels doubles down on removing whites from their movies to try to combat this
If that's really the only thing they can do I say let them do it, it's hilarious to watch them aggressively blow bubbles at the wall

No, I mean in terms of the actress. The actress ca literally be any color and the story won't be any different.

Nice argument. Try to prevent this from happening by going down to marvel and saying this.

No, the original Israelites all got assimilated in the Jewish diaspora, or stayed and became Muslim

I don't care if they change the characters like this in the films. Doing it in the comics is crossing the line, though, and demonstrates a completely lack of respect and appreciation for both the characters and property and for the readers themselves, who are being treated like a bunch of dumb monkeys who will slap their hands and make seal noises for being pandered to.

You'd be surprised how often Social Justice/Diversity pandering doesn't work.

Ignoring all other examples isn't going to stop this. By ignoring korean and Chinese swaps for Japanese characters and so on, just continues this practice and china's influence on casting

This is fox user. What were they trying to say when they made Trask white again or casting a Hispanic as an Egyptian?

>Diversity pandering doesn't work.
I mean it worked for Marvel in the past, why would they not think it wouldn't work for them now?

I want you to reread that question before answer by the way. Because I, myself, am not saying it works, i'm saying why wouldn't they think it wouldn't work when they have successfully pulled it out throughout their publication history?

>make white characters
>everyone likes them
>suddenly, SJWs
>make black characters
>no one likes them
>make white characters black
>no one likes them anymore
>go bankrupt/give up comics and become a movie studio

Because their comic sales shit the bed every time they push some new liberal meme?

wat

They were rocking with the movies before this. They also had well doing black characters and also have characters white to black that are successful.

Couldn't have to do with how bad they're integrating it compared to the past?

>The characters that get race-swapped or have their movie adaption changed to some gay shit are always your favourites.
Every time.

Just fuck my shit up, boys.

>and also have characters white to black that are successful.
Name five that aren't Nick Fury.

>not getting a qt jap girl to play domino

and you were getting better, fox

1. Marvel has always pushed a leftist agenda. Nothing new, which begs the question why are you even reading Marvel at this point?

2. Reread the question. Though WE can clearly see it doesn't work, why would they not do what they've been doing their entire publication thinking it would pay off? You take risk as a business. Sometimes they work out great, sometimes they don't. As a business you never know until you try.

>Jap
They want the chinbux so that's not gonna happen

Because Sup Forums tards go "black people never invented or did anything worthwhile". If you're gonna ape someone's shit, at least admit to it being good shit. Nobody is claiming the Norse were worthless as a people with the same frequency.

>>and also have characters white to black that are successful.
Blade, Luke Cage, Storm, Black Panther(Btoh in the past and recently) and War Machine.

>why are you even reading Marvel at this point?
Because they're enjoyable when they stop pushing some meme and just write about my fucking mutants doing mutant shit without ~feminism~ or ~gay rights~ or ~fat acceptance~ or whatever the new meme of the year is.

>Blade
>Storm
>Black Panther
What.

But these decisions are being made white people. That black director for fantastic four was more faithful in spirit than the one made by the Jewish director. At he tried to make jessica alba look white

>Though WE can clearly see it doesn't work, why would they not do what they've been doing their entire publication thinking it would pay off?
Because I'm a faggot nerd on a computer and can clearly see it's not working. I would imagine that dudes getting paid to check if it's working would see that it's not?

It's a comic book character loosely based on Norse mythology.

Marvels pandering attempts failed, though.

>Brexit and Trump won, right wing and nationalist movements on the rise
>Can't even win a popular vote, already getting exposed as pedophiles and murdering maniacs, being suppressed by actual conservatives who they put in power because dumb shit like wasting money to build a giant wall doesn't fly by them
You got manipulated by politicians who saw you as an opportunity and will now dump you. Congrats.

>What.
My bad I thought you said waht black characters.

Note; we're not arguing comics here. We're talking about screen translations. In tv shows and movies there have been great efforts of this happening.

Even still, many legacies often receive love from a wide range of fans.

Zazzie Beatz is hot. Atlanta is a good show. Doesnt bother me at all. The Valkyrie one tho...damn this modern world.

Brexit was justified, though. The European Union is corrupt and unfair beyond belief.