Why is it so hard to get audiences invested in DCEU heroes?

They have about as much depth to them as any Marvel hero, more in some cases.

So what is it?

>3 (three) movies
>depth

>Hey, here are 10 of our BEST characters! You have to like them because they are ICONIC!

gee, I wonder

Yikes I hope this is a shitpost.

this. if they focused more on characters(like Wonder Woman did) than iconic imagery(MoS, BvS) and tried to take it slow by making solo movies first, they would have had a success on their hands.

>long, dreary, boring movies
>reshoots and multiple directors spoil the broth and make any character arc/plot development totally incoherent
>studio doesn't have a fucking clue what its doing or where its taking its characters
>terrible scripts
>poor acting

not that Marvel doesn't suffer from similar problems, just that they at least have a coherent vision for their universe. DC is currently just throwing shit at the wall and hoping it sticks in a pathetic attempt to keep up

Because they're not QUIPPY enough

Scripts are shit.
Fix that.
Fix your shit scripts.
Characters won't matter if people keep being lukewarm-at-best about your movies.

People liked Wonder Woman, people have loved Batman recently and Superman was very popular when portrayed by Reeves. It's not the heroes, it's Snyder.

Because they know after avengers 3 and 4 capeshit is gonna start to die out. There trying to rush their cinematic unvierse by bypassing the character development.

If they had just started with standalone batman, superman standalones the flash, etc justice league would have had more impact and meant something.

Meh, who cares? At least Gotham is good.

its actually not too hard but WB are incompetent and tried to force the sniderverse down people's throats. It was clear he wasnt going to follow the mythos after MoS and they still kept him on... I dont know what leverage snyder had on WB but it must have been big.

marketing/pr

>make man of murder and its received well enough.
>decide to turn the first superman movie of a supposed trilogy into a launching pad for the DCEU because DUUUHHHHHRRRRR DISNEY IS DOING IT
>Zach will learn from his mistakes!!!!
>everything is terrible since to the point of not following basic character traits that those characters have had for 70 years.
>b-b-but wonder woman! Its was terrible too, no one had the balls to say so because muh feminism. Gadot is a terrible actor and the villain was a generic armored grey cgi dude (just like JL). Captain Kirk was the only good thing in that whole fucking movie and hes dead
>lets fire snyder and hire the avengers guy, that will surely straighten the ship!
>93mill opening week-end

It's because DC is more popular than Marvel and everyone and their mom has seen some form of these superheroes in media.
And they just don't like this iteration.

Do we know ben affleck wants out of the batfleck? is there any evidence of this? is he gonna bounce?

thought he was good in BvS. havent seen justice league

really shitty villains. predictable and/or idiotics plots. protagonists ranging from neutral to unlikeable.

He was going through a divorce during the filming of JL and during pressers he always looked sad and disinterested and people assumed he wants out.
He'll definitely do a solo and possible JL2 before leaving.

>I dont know what leverage snyder had on WB but it must have been big
snyder's current wife is a producer at Warner Bros. so that explains why he was kept on despit MoS and BvS being critically divisive and underperforming at the box office

oh...

i hope.... i mean, its never gonna happen, but i think batfleck is the best fleck, and i really want a solo movie with him in the role. i think it could be really damn good

but... yea its probably all gonna go to shit.
i heard hes not as good in justice league, too(?)

well there ya go. Is that woman still working at WB?

Of course she is

plzzzzz

As stated earlier, complete fucking incompetence.

Its worst than Avi Arad/Amy Pascal blunders at Sony but they all keep their jobs?

The opening scene with Batman made me super excited for a solo movie. But, I wouldn't say he was bad, just that his character took a backseat to let the other characters shine.

>man of murder

It's like y'all niggas never read or watched anything Superman related in your lives.

Not enough established universe
Rushed in world building. Seriously, why see them fight against another big bad (who Supes completely manhandled) when i just saw that 2 movies ago
Requires intelligence to watch not quippy

If only WB established their universe all of this shit could have been avoided. Fucking DC