Reminder that this is the only objectively good film in the entire series

Reminder that this is the only objectively good film in the entire series.

But RotJ has twice as many female characters

even as a kid I knew this was kino

As an adult I'm left wondering if Star Wars was ever "good."

I assure you ESB is actually a good film, a new hope is also very solid, the rest are expendable to the industry.

star wars is good. however 99% of people who say star wars is good are just trying to fit in and when asked further can only give the most basic answers like characters (OMG like darth vader was so cool) and cliched lines (the i am your father reveal being my favorite, normalfags always say luke, i am your father. that shits wrong, and shows just how little these faggots actually watched the movies.) basically, everyone watched these movies way back like one time and then hopped on the nostalgia bandwagon so they could feel accepted by this shitty decrepit society we live in

Same, and I was a Star Wars freak as a kid. I lived and breathed it until I was about 19, then I started realizing just how little of it is actually enjoyable to a functioning adult.
>prequels aren't good
>clone wars cartoon isn't good
>rebels cartoon isn't good
>now I'm starting to think RotJ isn't good. the shittiness even reaches as far back as the OT
>Disneywars isn't good
But the video games from back in the day are still fun I guess.

no A New Hope is better

You're so much better than all of those plebs user, I can tell.

>ad homiem

dude star wars was a major blockbuster success, the first movie was made specifically to get the largest audience possible. if anything the second movie took a lot more balls to make as it ends sad and with a defeated, disgraced group of heros. Its not some anomalous interest you have/had it was a normalfag thing to like back in the day. Even the geeks who were legitimately superfans were not significantly more informed or into the series than just randoms and kids who watched it once. Its not deep, its a consumer product and was one of the first of its kind. Im sorry you think there’s something there

Wrong. Star Wars (1977) is objectively good. The ramp-up of the pacing from the slow beginning on Tatooine to the desperate Death Star battle is kino.

>established characters already
>don't have to resolve shit, just end with cliffhanger
reminder that ESB is only best cuz it's in the comfy middle spot

user I'm just jerking off your false sense of superiority, you should be thankful.

Literally only the prequels are worth watching

That was kind of the point. Resolving everything isn't always a requirement for making a good movie. The movie ended on a cliffhanger because the next movie would resolve everything.

im discussing the millenial generation not oldfags, oldfags seriously dont count anymore when it comes to film. they arent marketed towards, no movies are made for them.

correct
or

a new hope is also GOOD, but empires is the only one thats 10/10 perfection

anyone who disagrees is a normie brainlet who loves porgs

If you have high standards. By normal standards the only good movies are 4, 5, 6, and 3.

This.

yea
if youre retarded

none of them are "good movies". at best they are mildly entertaining. a lot of the time they are terribly boring.

Darth Vader being Luke's dad isn't actually a great twist.

Say what you want to sound contrarian, it got me really hard at 11 years old

/thread

OP is mostly right
a new hope is good
only empires is GREAT

...........yea it is.....?
its only clichéd and obvious because star wars fucking MADE it a cliché

the twi'lek dancer doesn't count as a character and i'm pretty sure mon mothma has a masculine penis

A scene where a guy finds out who his dad is right after getting punished by him got you hard? You're gay AND black?