FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD Full Cast

>Eddie Redmayne as Newt Scamander, an eccentric magizoologist who embarks on a dangerous secret mission on behalf of his mentor Albus Dumbledore.

>Katherine Waterson as Tina Goldstein, an employee for the Magical Congress of the United States of America (MACUSA) who shares a bond with Newt.

>Allison Sudol as Queenie Goldstein, Tina's sister and a skilled telepath.

>Dan Fogler as Jacob Kowalski, Newt's friend and a no-maj baker who is a forbidden relationship with Queenie.

>Zoe Kravitz as Leta Lestrange, Newt's wealthy and damaged old flame, currently engaged to his older brother Theseus.

>Callum Turner as Theseus Scamander, Newt's estranged older brother and a valiant Auror on the hunt for dark wizard Gellert Grindelwald.

>Ezra Miller as Credence Barebone, a young man possessed by a powerful dark entity, who has found a new home on a travelling circus.

>Claudia Kim as Maledictus, the main attraction of a travelling circus of sideshow freaks, who develops a bond with Credence.

>Jude Law as Albus Dumbledore, the powerful and wise headmaster of Hogwarts, who sends Newt on a secret mission to uncover the plans of Grindelwald.

>Johnny Depp as Gellert Grindelwald, a powerful dark wizard hellbent on assembling an army of pure-blood wizards to rule over all of mankind.

Other urls found in this thread:

harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Leta_Lestrange
youtube.com/watch?v=5rHOpj7FNKo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are they going to show a wizard shitting at the dinner table and then making it disappear?

>Credence is alive
>Albus is headmaster long before he was in Harry Potter

>9 going on 10 movies
>still no fucking magical guns or bombs
BOOOOOOOOO

>FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD
What a shit title.

holy shit, totally forgot about this. the title is shit but I like the cast. I seriously hope they don't fuck up grindelwald and dumbledore although jude law is a great actor

>>Ezra Miller as Credence Barebone, a young man possessed by a powerful dark entity, who has found a new home on a travelling circus.
>>Claudia Kim as Maledictus, the main attraction of a travelling circus of sideshow freaks, who develops a bond with Credence.
does Ezra have yellow fever? he also likes kpop.

>Jude Law

Now it's gotten interesting, but Depp is a terrible choice for Grindewald, at least it seemed so in the first film, appearing for like 3 minutes, they should have just kept Colin Farrell.

when does the movie take place? there's no way dumbledore could have been headmaster if this didn't take place like during the 70s

black was headmaster till the mid 20s and dippet was headmaster till the 60s during which voldemort was also a student and dumbledore a teacher. I hope to god they don't fuck up that shit because in the second harry potter movie, it was straight up brought up that dumbledore was one of voldemort's teachers

(((Goldstein)))

during WWII iirc.

more like soyboy and friends 2 LOL

he wasn't really possessed though, was he? possession requires an outside force whereas he generated the obscurus himself

I agree. farrell was awesome in the role while depp is going to give us some outlandish shit which is probably going to be a mixture of an evil jack sparrow and the mad hatter. fuck that

>Zoe Kravitz as Leta Lestrange, Newt's wealthy and damaged old flame, currently engaged to his older brother Theseus.
>Callum Turner as Theseus Scamander, Newt's estranged older brother and a valiant Auror on the hunt for dark wizard Gellert Grindelwald.
Newt got cucked by his own brother.

His reveal felt pretty comical for some reason, like he turns around or whatever and it's fucking Johnny Depp. I know I'm not alone thinking this as several people chuckled when at it when I watched it in theaters.

wait, fuck me. dumbledore should be about 60 during the second world war. the timeline is totally fucked. the books made it seem like the grindelwald thing with dumbledores sister took place in 1900 or so. what the fuck has dumbledore been up to for 40 years then? that should be enough time to catch grindelwald on his own

>final movie
>Dumbledore as Jude Law
>Ends with Voldemort having a job interview for defence against the dark arts
>Voldemort turns and winks at the camera
>"Oh Dumbledore, you think your troubles are over, defeating Grindelwald? It's only just begun."
*roll credits*

Theseus sounds alpha as fuck. that name alone, THESEUS is so fucking alpha. and the alpha always gets the pussy.

that and they literally show the scene with the arachnid being set free and Gambon's Dumbledore talking about Headmaster Dippit in a flashback

at least if u zoom in Johnny Depp is holding the Elder Wand so they didn't fuck that up.

Porpentina Goldstein

holy guacamoooole tits.

Is the first one any good?

img.4plebs.org/boards/tv/image/1416/31/1416319655081.webm

>a sequel to that garbage first one
Fantastic Beasts is the perfect example of the modern Hollywood movie. It casts the hit Hollywood star of the minute and it's loosely connected to a wildly successful franchise. This movie was made for the sole purpose of making money. There is no other reason. Rowling, Yates, the actors, everyone... all in it for the money.

It's easy to imagine the pre-production meetings... You know, that cute tree in Guardians of the Galaxy was really popular among audiences, let's have one of those. And people really liked that dive bar with lots of goofy creatures and fun music in Star Wars, let's have one of those too. It's frustrating when I hear people call this film imaginative. There's a reason all the fantastic beasts look so cute. Because toys.

Yet again we see Eddie Redmayne overact, taking the role of "autistic British wizard" to a level not needed. There was no chemistry between any of the actors, which made for awkward moments throughout the whole 2+ hours runtime. The relationship between Colin Ferrell and Ezra Miller especially seems unintentionally predatory.

There are two completely separate plots that are sloppily connected. One of the plots is pushed so hard and is used only to create a franchise of this thing. If they focused on only the fantastic beasts instead of the bizarre possessed horror aspect with a cheap twist, the film might not have been half bad.

In the end, yet again, almost a whole city gets destroyed in the climax. By now it is beyond tiring and by my count that is how FOUR big budget movies have ended in 2016. And by what, a fucking dark cloud. The whole film, each and every scene, is predictable, features terrible CGI, obvious blue screen, lifeless sound stages, and is riddled with plot holes

>ended up with based Sam Waterston's qt daughter over the black heeb
>cucked

>Johnny Depp as Gellert Grindelwald, a powerful dark wizard hellbent on assembling an army of pure-blood wizards to rule over all of mankind.
>Johnny Depp
Imagine having Based Collin Farrel as Grindewald and then getting Deeped...

just checked the potter wiki. apparently, the basilisk thing (tom riddle unleashing the basilisk the first time) took place in 1943 so the movie should be set after that. they could alter the timeline of the books and just say that dippet was fired due to the incident but fuck, they should at least somehow address the issue or autistic fans will be pissed as fuck. I don't give that much of a shit and it would still be a retarded move. there's literally no reason storywise for dumbledore to be a headmaster in this movie

Dan Fogler was good and a masculine alpha character, so naturally he'll be cucked as the movies progress.

Is this before Dumbledore found the cure for baldness?

damn, that body is tight as fuck

>wanting a manfaced bitch over a hot black hebrew
I think reading mein kampf made you even gayer.

wait is that actuall the title of the movie?

HAHAHAH so fucking dumb

nice iced nipples

>jude law as dumbledore

Are they gonna dye his hair Auburn and give him a long beard?

JUST

What happened to Colin Farrell?

Fantastic Beasts 1 is set in the 20s, so unless theres a 25 year timeskip...

Dippet should have just or recently been named Headmaster.

To be fair his hairline is kinda similar.

>hot
>black hebrew

I bet it was only when he saw that the twink he fell in love with was now Johnny Depp that he decided to fight him.

>find out what this OUTRAGEOUS hip jewish young adult is up to next!

so is she related to bellatrix?

And Sirius, yes.

Yep. A distant aunt or cousin, most likely.

Maybe
>Leta may or may not be related to Bellatrix Lestrange. But despite Bellatrix being a Lestrange by marriage (her husband Rodolphus and her brother-in-law Rabastan may or may not be Leta's descendants for that matter), Sirius Black has previously mentioned that "the pure-blood families are all interrelated", meaning there is a possibility of at least a Black-Lestrange (and/or vice versa) union/s at any time including the distant past. As the Black family tree provided by Rowling for the production team of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) only shows the most recent 8 generations of descent, it is in contrast with Harry's description of the Black Family Tapestry as "sprawling" and "dating back [...] to the Middle Ages".
>harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Leta_Lestrange

Alas, there will be no shit disappearing in the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody; just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

I played a really fun video game that dealt with exclusively local problems and even the climax was an exclusively national issue. It was fun to be not saving the world directly. There was even a bit where you had to go fend off the neighbouring nation from invading because they mistook the villain's plan for the beginning stages of an invasion.

>no, it's a private situation but we're handling it so fuck off

pretty refreshing

What's up with Grindenwalds outfit?

Is that even accurate for the time period?

t. some mouthbreather who posts an image of Atlas Shrugged in a god tier book list with Grapes of Wrath and Ulysses below it

I love that actress. Didn't knew her before Alien.
She can look strong, believable and interesting.
She doesn't sound like a dumb cunt that's what I'm saying, she's good.

Her nipples are threatening but I can learn.

BTFO

Looks like 18th century nobleman about to go horseriding.

She's marriage material

youtube.com/watch?v=5rHOpj7FNKo

>I played a really fun video game that dealt with exclusively local problems and even the climax was an exclusively national issue. It was fun to be not saving the world directly. There was even a bit where you had to go fend off the neighbouring nation from invading because they mistook the villain's plan for the beginning stages of an invasion.
Trails in the Sky FC?

>an ethnically black Lestrange
i mean they were so keen on magical purity, i'd assume they'd also be keen on being white

It's funny how there are so few games/movies like this these days that you can easily guess what the other guy is talking about. Speaking of, i should get to finishing the 3rd desu.

I really liked the part where Estelle quotes a random Bracer regulation that enables her to be a foreign negotiator and all the generals and dukes and queens are like: "Huh, she's right, she CAN do that"

Anyway, I never really believed the meme about the first game being a 60 hour prologue but the third game is definitely just a prolonged epilogue. It was nice to see what happened to everybody though.

I'm a few games ahead of you though.

I recently reread the series. Because of this copypasta, I was very aware of the writing and wanting to count how many times she writes "stretched his legs" or some variation but I never actually notice the phrase. Provide page numbers where it was used

not him but download the pdf of the books and control F it you mong. You don't need him to do that.

not even the Lestrange family is THAT evil

>implying Newt wasnt whored out by his own brother which led to his autism today

I can't wait for this movie, the first one was comfy as fuck.

You dumb fuck, Bellatrix is a Lestrange by marriage.

and Hermione is a nigger after The Deathly Hallows.

Magic, kid. Heh.

>Credence survived solely on his pure rage towards the Heteropatriarchy