Just as a heads up

Just as a heads up.

toonzone.net/wb-launches-boomerang-streaming-service-hosting-5000-classic-cartoons/

youtube.com/watch?v=ta0Bif3hUQA
youtube.com/watch?v=wJnPkfnE6AU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k_oEOdIBOpU
cartoonbrew.com/classic/boomerang-launching-5-month-classic-cartoon-streaming-service-149169.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Ps7xmW-9LXQ
dohtem.com/bugs/not.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=3iISzVLXRis
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cool.

I can see the appeal, but if they ask money for it it can't not be too expensive, considering how much it used to cost on a "per episode" ratio back when it aired on their normal channel with reruns and events.

I know, more Looney Tunes

>it it can't not be too expensive
what?

$40 a year for almost every Looney Tunes short (w/o the censored 11) and 4000+ other cartoons sounds like a deal.

considering it's paying for accessing reruns I don't think it's worth it.
a whole set of DVDs with that content would cost less than paying for 2 years.

Theres content on there that never had a home video release, even on DVD-R & download.

>Accessing re-runs
ON DEMAND. you forgot that. I mean, imagine youre sitting with friends and you go "hey remember that ep of Dex's lab where he eats the burrito and thinks he's gonna die?", and they go "no, I havent"

You gonna sit around on the boomerang TV channel for several weeks waiting for that episode to show up on tv, or look it up on Youtube at 120p?

I'm not gonna get it cause I dont care that much about it, but still, its definitely worth that

I wonder if they're gonna have any MM or LT shorts that haven't been put out on dvd/bd yet? Hope someone rips them.

Thats the plain and why I'm doing this.

Will they have the balls to up shorts like All This and Rabbit Stew?

Tom and Jerry/Looney Tunes crossover when?

If they include the Censored Eleven and other such shorts, I'd imagine they would put up a brief disclaimer splash screen before the actual short begins.

That will be the best case.

Don't forget the Whoopi Goldberg introduction
youtube.com/watch?v=k_oEOdIBOpU

Well you'd also be getting new shows too from what I can tell.

Good man. Where will you be posting them?

That will be too far.

I'm not the guy to do such a thing.

>almost every LT short...

you know that theres over 1000 of those, right?

Oh I gotcha now. Hopefully someone rips them if they've got any of the unreleased ones on there.

is there anything wrong with that vid or somethin? Sup Forums shit aside, I felt like thats a pretty good way to handle the obviously fucked up shit from the past. I especially like the "its better to see it, than to pretend it never happened" part

>A serious well informed explanation about concepts of censorship and stereotypes of the time, or something like that .

>before every potentially censored short.

yeah, not gonna happen, these potential censored shorts arent gonna be available.

Yes and it's a 1/5th of whats set for the site.

not really, it was a good explanation and the mammy twoshoes example was clear, tho kinda dragged on.

i really doubt they are gonna put disclaimers for those kinds of shorts if they are available, im ready to bet any kind of material like that its gonna get cut out of the app.

I just think it's a little obnoxious that it even has to be said.

I mean....of course some of the depictions were racist, it's self-evident. There's no need to add the introduction because if it's a kid watching then they won't understand either the warning or the racism in the shorts. and if it's an adult watching then they already know that that kind of stuff isn't really ok and wouldn't fly today. It just seems pointless.

But if that's what it takes to get the shorts uncensored then I'm all for it.

If 8 year olds are already watching Family Guy then this is nothing.

Has there been any word of WB releasing more Looney Tunes shorts on dvd or blu-ray? I think the Platinum Collection Volume 3 was the last thing they released and that was almost 3 years ago.

Sales were too low so they were killed off, they became high again but Warner Bros thinks the home video market is dead so we got this in it's place.

eh, a bit, but you gotta remember, its this, or SJWs whine for it to be censored, and thats even worse. Never assume a group of people to be smart in any sense...

Reminder

>kinda dragged on

Well, that's just Goldberg.

XBox One when?

>Almost every Looney Tunes short and 4000+ other cartoons
I think that article just pulled the 5000 number out of its ass. The official site only says 1000. I doubt they would include all those early black and white 30s shorts.

There is no implication in any of these articles or promos that they will have every short or banned shorts included. Just that there will be some shorts on there. Probably the ones already on dvd and blu-ray.

The whole light blue and purple aesthetic look to their interface tells me they're making this for kids.

Think again.

cartoonbrew.com/classic/boomerang-launching-5-month-classic-cartoon-streaming-service-149169.html

Also Bosko was alright, it's Buddy that is the issue.

Also all of those GRAND B/W Porky and/or Daffy shorts.

>The real question with the Boomerang service is how many of the classic Looney Tunes and MGM theatrical shorts will be available. It would be a dream to have all of the shorts available through an on-demand service
He's not saying every short will be there. Just that it would be awesome if they were. Learn to read.
>Cartoon Brew

hope thats true.

maybe if this hits, DA WB could try something like Boomerang Premium or Boomerang Primetime, dedicated to the more classic and obscure content, even the censored one, for true serious cartoon fans.

these guys for now they will have my money, tho i wonder if the service will be available for mexico at launch?

CB was the site that broke the story that US studios were paying their staff less then Japanese studios, they don't post fake news stories.

i think you got the wrong guy....

shouldnt you be replying to ?

>The service will offer a library of over 5,000 classic Warner Bros. shorts, MGM shorts, and Hanna-Barbera tv series, including cartoons starring Tom & Jerry, Droopy, Bugs Bunny, The Jetsons, The Flintstones, and Scooby Doo, among others.
>Over 5000

Official website says 1,000+. Tom and Jerry and Scooby Doo alone probably take up half that since it includes newer shows with them as well.

>New content will be added weekly, including new original series that will be available in the U.S. exclusively through the service, such as Warner Bros. Animation’s upcoming Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz and a Wacky Races reboot.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ps7xmW-9LXQ
>New originals and classic shows you can't get anywhere else
>Completely ad-free!

That doesn't really give anymore info as to what they're actually putting up.

if you look on the site it includes my gym partners a monkey,which is an odd choice. also they better not be cropped like in the promo video. that would be shit

Wasn't there only one season of the original Johnny Quest? Why did that show have such a lasting appeal

There was a 80s & 90s reboot.

Thats just to avoid You Tube's broken copyright system, so broken that it even effects the guys who own the rights to the IP itself.

bump

Not sure if I wanna do this or not

I mean its cool that it keeps the old stuff alive but does this mean the old stuff will never be on TV ever again?

>but does this mean the old stuff will never be on TV ever again?
Does that matter? TV is dead.

Pretty much, this new site has a new Oz show that puts SJ season 5 to shame.

sup bugs bunny

Because people loved his axe flying around when he got really crazy.

dohtem.com/bugs/not.htm

Thats whats up.

SJ what?

Samurai Jack

Wait, people are actually mad about the black lady in Tom & Jerry?
Christ

>upcoming Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz and a Wacky Races reboot.
Nani?!

>also they better not be cropped like in the promo video. that would be shit
They just posted a clip from a Tom and Jerry short on their Youtube page. It's not cropped but the quality is shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=3iISzVLXRis

That's just the result of bad parenting