Now that it is confirmed to be in the same universe how will the movie go?

Now that it is confirmed to be in the same universe how will the movie go?

>Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters where godzilla teams up with rodan and mothra to fight biolante
>Godzilla vs Kong where Godzilla and Ghidorah's fighting kills the people on Skull Island so Kong swims to Japan to fight both before he teams up with Godzilla

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=inD6cBrAH9I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Biollante
It's Ghidorah.

Ghidorah will prob be in godzilla vs kong

Godzilla 2 will have Rodan, Mothra, and Ghidorah.

And monster in GvsK besides the title two are, as of now, unknown. If there even will be.

Oh yeah, there goes that pagoda for the umpteenth time.

I kinda want Rodan and Mothra only in G:2, and Gidorah hinted at. Then he shows up in GvK after Godzilla skrreonks Mothras name and Kong and him become friends, and they team up to beat Gidorah

>Oh yeah, there goes that pagoda for the umpteenth time.
Japan is quite used to that, in the sense that in real life many of the historical buildings had to be rebuilt over the centuries.

There was even one temple that is deliberately torn down and a new one built in its place. And it occurs regular enough that they made it a ceremony. There is a forest where they grow the trees used for that purpose, and the transportation of the timber from the forest to the temple is part of the festivities.

Sure, but a whole lot of them ended up getting fucked up by Godzilla in his many rampages and fights.

Is this whole thing sonic fanfiction? Godzilla is sonic facing the ultimate enemy king gidorah as revealed in cave paintings, and Kong is obviously knuckles

don't fuck with me, Boco

Yes sir...

Kong and Godzilla are both good guys

Will need an enemy monster to unite them

a zombie muto?

>Rivals team up to defeat a greater evil

Of all the tropes I love and hate, I love this one the most

Also, yay, Goji thread

If Legendary is willing to pony up the dough, they could get another Godzilla baddie.

well kong is a bust so I doubt they will

I thought that after 2k14 Goji's big dough pull, Toho said "Okay, you do good wif Gojira. You can use otha monsta now." hence Mothra, Ghidora, and Rodan?

A Super Jaeger made to combat kaijus like Mechagodzilla or evil jet jaguar

>Now that it is confirmed
>Now
It's been confirmed since Kong went into production

Legendary getting the rights to Mothra, Rodan and Ghidora has been known even longer

I-it is?

They did, but no word on whether they can still use them after Godzilla 2. Might be a one-movie deal or something.

thats also like a big scene in the movie
Kong and Goji are running at each other and there's a pagoda in the middle and they both tear into it to get at the other

Give me one reason kong wont win

Destoroyah

post credits scene

youtube.com/watch?v=inD6cBrAH9I

I am so hard right now

I'm SHOOK

Kong was fucking great don't listen to user

I think it helped that I didnt have super high expectations but I liked it even more than Godzilla 2014

FUCK

DUUUDE

Yoooooooooooooooooooooooo

>the world's most unbelievable Kaiju will never be in another film

It hurts me

It's absolutely unbelievable

Was that some Ghidorah in there?

>Varanposters
Make way for the best kaiju around

I am surprised they didn't have Jackson for this so he could reveal this.
>mr. Kong, your world is a whole lot bigger than you think

YOU makes us all barf

YES

yeah

godzilla, rodan, mothra, ghidorah

Why is Rodan even slightly popular? I don't get it

nigga you talking shit

Reminds me of people thinking Rodan was in Godzilla, but it was just the flying MUTO

the muto's were bug things how can you mistake them for a pterodactyl dino?

It was one of the early trailers, and the only shots of the MUTOs we had seen were the flying one at a distance, and it plunging into the water to get the bomb. You couldn't really tell what it was apart from a flying monster, and some people guessed it was Rodan.

The only shots of the flying MUTO in the trailers was a part of its water dive and a quick fly by a building.
This was before MUTOs a known thing to the public.

Dinosaurs are cool. Flying is cool.

I think we only learned about the MUTO from toy leaks and even then it was just the names so the MUTO having a form change wasn't an uncommon theory.

yeah, I was gonna reply to the other guy but then I had our conversation in my head and realized I just plain don't care for Rodan

How do they become buddies. Do they have a mom named Mothra?

mortha is everyone's mom monster

Who's more Superman or Batman? Godzilla or Kong?

Kong's parents were killed in front of him when he was a baby

Godzilla's definitely superman. He pulls new powers out of his ass all the time.

>gotham is skull island
>skull crawlers are Joker and Joker thugs
>other monsters are lower level rogues

godzilla is superman, the strongest, the one who always wins in the end, who has new powers as the plot demands.
kong is the "normal monster" who somehow wins against the gods, and watched his parents die in front of him

>kong is a bust
in what sense?
i just went to see it and it was fucking great
like any complaints you light have had with G2014 (which was great but flawed) are solved here

Does Godzilla have a kryptonite?

Not that user, but there was one glaring flaw with Skull Island.

The Kole character served absolutely no purpose, and his death meant nothing.

He never even reacted to anything happening around him.

He's actually surpassed the retarded intern girl from the Thor movies as the most pointless character in film.

Yes, the Oxygen Destroyer.

Which one was he again? I'm bad with names.

Was he the one who blew up with grenades?

Yes, that was him.

Even the guy that shot the giant stick bug served a purpose: to lead the group astray from the safe areas to the dangerous western parts of the island for more monster fights

So how can King Kong make a spear out of it?

Kong is at least as smart as a retarded human so he can outwit Godzilla

I actually think the next godzilla and godzilla vs kong will take place before Godzilla 2014 only because they want to keep the characters from Skull Island

If it took place current day they would all be old

Unlikely, since Godzilla was asleep until Mutos after the atomic testing was over.

Eh

Goji seems pretty smart, or at least very emotive

But Godzilla 2014 was, presumably, the first time Kaiju were shown to the general public.

>those tiny cold lights in his eyes
spoopy

Right forgot about that

Theyll just scrap the skull island characters except black monarch kid and have Adult Kong fight Godzilla in modern day

FUCK YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAA

If they just keep the asian lady and the black guy it'll be okay. They look like they age like wine.

I'd like to see asian lady again she was a cutie. I don't know what her name was though, even though I tried to find it in the credits.

You know how in the end of Kaiju movies, the monster dies and its kind of tragic?

Rodan was the first time a Toho Monster's death was tragic despite the lack of sacrifice of a human character, as it was in the first two Godzilla movies.

Kong was surprisingly smart, though. He even used a chain to choke the skull crawler. I don't think regular apes are smart enough to do that.

Post yfw zilla is the main villain and Michael Jordan teams up for the battle with Jet Jaguar

Reposting from another thread:

Okay, I've got an idea of how G2 will go down. Godzilla starts off telling Rodan and Mothra to fuck off his property, and the three have an uneasy territory "pact" with each other. Then that's all fucked up when King Ghidorah shows up and fucks up Rodan. Mothra and Big-G sense him and they team up to fight him with Mothra dying (earlier having laid eggs) and Godzilla tearing Ghidorah a few new ones.

Then THE MAIN EVENT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR, which really I can't say what'll happen, but I can only hope King Ghidorah returns to get fucked up by them both. (As long as G2 establishes that Godzilla alone cannot defeat KG, and without Mothra's help he'd be dead)

>Mothra dies
There's no way this won't happen, it's fucking tradition.

Did they retcon the story or was the kong in new york a different kong?

I hear Kong isn't doing so hot domestically, will it do good enough overseas to continue with the monsterverse?

Godzilla 2 is already well into production do I doubt that will be put off

>Did they retcon the story or was the kong in new york a different kong?
totally different ballpark

Yeah, this is a new Kong made to be able to Godzilla in a fight. The "new york Kong" you're referring to is the classic first classic Kong which Peter Jackson's movie is based on.

Fingers crossed, I want to see more monster fights, and people getting squished.

Kinda felt like I was watching what a realistic Pokemon movie would look like.

Mothra is basically the Toho phoenix, her legacy is one of her primary powers. You can count on it.

Not all the Marvel films broke records but they still slap them together no problem. Monsterverse is going to go good and strong for at least 5 pictures you can fucking bet on it.

It was legitimately one of the best movies I've seen in recent times, I don't know where all this is coming from. Maybe people are just apprehensive about King Kong movies after getting burned so many times.

But my normie friend really wanted to see it, so I take that as a good sign.

It's because they focused on the human characters in the film instead of just being like LOL MONSTERS like any other studio would've done for a quick buck.

But this time the human characters were actually INTERESTING.

I wish they did more with Goodman's character. I don't even remember his fucking name.

Aden or something.

I legit can't remember most of the characters' names. I don't know why, I really liked them and I was trying to remember them but for some reason it's hard.

>Maybe people are just apprehensive about King Kong movies after getting burned so many times.
What? There's only like 7 other Kong movies in the last 80 years and they're 5/10 at worst.

Well if you think hard enough maybe you'll get a flash back...

that was terrible.

Could Kong beat Shin Godzilla?