Mid tier:
X1
The Wolverine

Low tier:
Apocalypse

Shit tier:
The Last Stand
Origins: Wolverine

Put Deadpool in God tier, I've watched it 5 times and still love it. It gets better the more you watch it.

because it's a whore

The DCEU won an oscar though

>> The Oscars matter anymore

BvS is better than Logan

Wait, why did everyone hate X-Men 3 again?

>days of future past instead of deadpool

MoS and BvS are good, SS has some interesting elements but isn't good
I want to see more of Leto Joker with a good script in the future

And the MCU has only 3 genuine good movies, Iron Man 1, Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy

PERFECT!

executive meddling ruining any sense of coherence the movies ever had

They sure earned it. I was surprised that it was Margot Robbie, throughout the entire film I was certain I was looking at a piece of shit

3 deep 5 me

>MoS and BvS are good

Anyone else feel like they should have used Rachel Summers instead of Caliban in the film?

It's like pottery

Because the executives can't stop themselves from meddling in every movie they make. They test screen, reshoot, and edit every movie to hell in order for it to become the most broad appealing product they can and it comes out only to impress nobody.

Deadpool and Logan are what can happen when you just let the director make a fucking movie

Because the DC people don't care about the source material or making good movies, then only care about cheap cash ins and edgy garbage.

At least his MCU choices were solid, though I'd swap GotG for the first Captain America.

They are tho, pilgrimguy

Should't it be the MCU that this applies to? I mean DCEU at least has potential to make a film like and as good as this with the right people working on it. The MCU on the other hand never will.

I'm a huge DC fans. I hate DCs live action movies. There made by people who don't like don't get and don't understand DC super heroes.

DC people love the source material more than Marvel people ever could, but DCEU people prefer "muh imagery" and other such bullshit over a decent film with a coherent plot.

That isn't fair to MoS, only the Kents were fucked up and Supe's development into a proper form of the character was derailed by a shitty Batman movie.

>missed the point
>okay, C+ at best
>hot fucking garbage
Yeah, no. Back to r/TV/ with you.

I respect that Snyder has an actual vision that he wants to get across, he's just bad at it

Which still makes his movies better than either of Whedon's Avengers

Not by Singer, by Brett Ratner

>missing fourth panel
>autism
But really now, this is no different than Barneyfag's or TMSfag's picture dumps, it's the same shit over and over yet no one ever buys into it.

Has it occurred to you that some of the onus is on the audience to determine the themes, complexity and symbolism of the film?

The attitude of "well yeah BvS has a lot of symbolism and is complex and filled with thematic depth and so on, but Snyder just didn't get that point across" is tremendously anti-intellectual and lazy. Great films require you to think and analyze to fully understand.

Whedon had a vision too but it was a bad vision, like killing Quicksilver off

He's just a competent director compared to Snyder

>He's just a competent director compared to Snyder

>dramatic character death without jesus referencing
This must be blowing snyders mind

Yeah, I believe that Whedon isn't that good since Cabin in the Woods
Snyder is a little bit better

And yes, killing Quicksilver was fucking stupid
>if you get killed... walk it of
What the fuck was that

>religious symbolism is bad

spotted the redditor

I'm okay with it, just don't overdo it

well, you know, the actual point of the film is to make a meta-point about superheroes as modern mythology, so you kind of have it backwards. The symbolism isn't some random shit thrown in there for fun, it's the central message of the film.

>trying to it's to smart for you argument
You have to go back

please quote to me the part where i said it's too smart for you

They're making a Fate/Stay Night movie? Why is Lancer a goth chick?

I could've figured out the supposed message of BvS without any of this bullshit. That's why it's a shitty movie, or at the very least has the shittiest and most easily led fans in the world. Every other movie does this sort of thing and yet BvS thinks it's hot shit for being a thousand times less subtle about it.

Prioritizing style over substance is fine, but in the case of BvS, the style just so happens to be shit.

> Every other movie does this sort of thing

Spoken like somebody who never watches films and spends most of his day watching children's cartoons

>Deadpool
>probably the most comic accurate cape film ever made
>also a highly entertaining and meritorious film inaits own right
>provided evidence that it's entirely possible to make an R rated cape film and still bring in a sizeable profit
>doesn't get to be in god tier because it isn't "muh dark and gritty kino sauce"

Stop.

>The attitude of "well yeah BvS has a lot of symbolism and is complex and filled with thematic depth and so on, but Snyder just didn't get that point across" is tremendously anti-intellectual and lazy. Great films require you to think and analyze to fully understand.
>anti-intellectual and lazy
>require you to think
Are you going to be autistic about this and say because you didn't say "it's to smart for you" verbatim that it doesn't count
It's a cape movie with imagery as subtle as a brick to the head that was executed poorly

It's amazing what people can Photoshop while jerking off at the same time.

Look, if the only movies you've ever seen were Snyder flicks, then yeah, Snyder flicks are the best movies you've ever seen, but the rest of us are gonna look for greener pastures if you get me.

BvS's emphasis on parallelism does not mean the subject matter, tone, and characterization are without problems.

Keep the (You)'s coming, guys.

It's not in God Tier because it's dull infantile shit for 13 year old edgelords.

If I could judge a person's intellect on the basis of their opinion of a single film, it would be Deadpool. If you like Deadpool, you're sub-80 IQ, I promise.

>Are you going to be autistic about this and say because you didn't say "it's to smart for you" verbatim that it doesn't count

I don't think it's too smart for you. I think you could get it if you actually gave a shit and were open to having your opinion changed, instead of sitting in lofty judgement.

>It's a cape movie with imagery as subtle as a brick to the head that was executed poorly

Ironic that it's so unsubtle, considering you don't get it.

As for "executed poorly," it's easily, easily, the greatest looking superhero film of all time. Maybe if your the type of guy who likes Civil War that's not important to you, but for people who actually care about creativity and skill in film, it actually matters a lot.

Like Logan? Like the MCU? Those are "greener pastures?"

No it doesn't, good thing those are also without problem. BvS is not a perfect film, but among it's flaws are not "subject matter, tone, [or] characterization."

While I will concede that MoS was a competent and enjoyable film, BvS failed at fundamental levels of film making such as (but not limited to) it's lack of establishing shots and failing to give rational motivations to some of it's characters. Despite these flaws, SS makes BvS look like the second coming of Jesus by comparison.

How come all you can manage is comparing Snyder to other superhero movies? Are they ACTUALLY the only movies you've ever seen? That was just a joke.

>No it doesn't, good thing those are also without problem. BvS is not a perfect film, but among it's flaws are not "subject matter, tone, [or] characterization."
What are some of its flaws?

>plays semantics
>it's not executed poorly because it looks good
Proving Snyder fags are idiots that just like shiny things, you aren't even supporting the good DC movies

Because BvS is not one of the greatest films of all time, but it is one of the greatest superhero films of all time. It's only natural to compare a film to other films in the same genre, especially when my opponents insist on doing the same. I'd be happy to compare BvS to some of my favorite films, but considering this board doesn't know anything about film, it would be a waste of time.

Lois Lane having a largely superfluous subplot, the Justice League trailer in the middle of the movie, the largely unnecessary inclusion of Wonder Woman, one or two out of place quips.

Film is a visual medium, it's only natural I would offer the cinematography as evidence of the film being well executed.

>only looks matter because muh visual medium

>Jor-El's O-face
oh
oh, that
that cracks me up every time

I didn't say that. It's clear you can only converse in sarcasm, strawmen and reaction images. Stop replying.

>BvS is not a perfect film, but among it's flaws are not "subject matter, tone, [or] characterization."

No, those parts of the film that have really big flaws.

tfw spider-man in civil war and superman in bvs have roughly the same number of spoken lines

Please keep replying.

Unironically because they got Snyder to make the movies
And because they're rushing the JL

DP should be in god tier.

>it is one of the greatest superhero films of all time

And in a couple years it's going to be remembered as a big piece of shit.

>Snyder fags go on about the visuals
>it's a bunch of cliche christ shots
>nothing as simple and powerful as this
Fuck off, you're making DC fans look bad

God, if only a person with actual talent was saying this.

>Superman
>Christ poses
UUUUGGGHHHHH, user when will they stop doing this?? When??

ok
this is a serious reach

Visuals were the only thing you talked about when it was said the movie was executed poorly and tried using "it's a visual medium" to justify that despite visuals only being a fraction of what makes a movie
So unless you have an argument that isn't a straw man or a pleb tier opinion then yes I'll mock you

You could say that about any of the pre-baked image macros that Snyderfag shits out.

>Visuals were the only thing you talked about when it was said the movie was executed poorly

Because I'm not going to spend my entire Friday night discussing each and every aspect of an immensely complex film. Sure, we could talk about all of the different ways this film is well executed, but that would take hours and hours, and I'm not interested in doing that. Especially because you're just going to strawman me and not argue in good faith, as every single person except for me in this thread has. So I picked the obvious and inarguable facet of the film that is well-executed, i.e. the cinematography.

>Visuals only being a fraction of what makes a movie

The fact that you think this already indicates to me that you have a fundamentally simplistic and misguided, dare I say pleb tier, view of film as an art form.

It isn't at all, BvS and MoS are chock-full of visual symmetry. It's almost the primary means of conveying themes and character motivations in many cases. Look through all the examples I've posted here and tell me it's all a coincidence.

Don't project your own simplistic view of film onto Snyder.

Are these actual lines from the movie

Chances WW won't be another "a second fresh review!"?

yes, though in fairness the bottom right example was written into the film from TDKR

It's exactly like pottery, and has all the personality and enjoyment of staring at a fucking vase as well

God tier:
Deadpool
Logan
DoFP

High tier:
X1
X2
First Class

Mid tier:
The Wolverine

Low tier:
The Last Stand
Apocalypse

Shit tier:
Origins: Wolverine

A fitting comparison

>Look through all the examples I've posted here and tell me it's all a coincidence.

Visual parallels are meaningless to an audience that isn't invested in the fate of the characters.

How do Snyderfags not choke on the pretentious bullshit that comes streaming out of their mouths? Do they have relaxed gag reflexes or is it just a matter of being okay with drowning in shit so long as it's shit that makes them feel smarter than everyone around them.

No one's claiming that Batman vs Superman didn't have great cinematography and visuals. No one's debating the fact that it had a circular narrative and character arcs that came full circle. We're not even trying to argue that Ben Affleck was in any way, shape or form a bad Batman.

Butu regardless of the elements of a good film that wwent into it, the finished product as a poorly edited, badly paced, hopeless engorged turd that failed to live up to the high expectations that were clearly invested in its production. It is the burnout son of cape comic movies: it has so much potential t be something worth all the time and effort that went into its production, but it ultimately falls short of that potential because, much like Snyder himself, it gets wrapped up beyond disentanglement in its own smug sense of artistic value and superiority.

Watching Batman vs Superman is like watching an artsy student film. It reeks of self-satisfaction and artificial depth. All it needed was to be in black and white to mirror fiddly-diddly french noir bulshit and it would've believed that my pretentious twat of a roommate who describes half of his experiences as "magical" directed it..

And the fact that you fell for its shallow ploy like a mark to a con artist just shows that you aren't nearly as intelligent as you'd like to believe you are.

>Origins: Wolverine is the worst
How so?

I actually think this person is legitimately worse than Barneyfag. At least Barenyfag is entertaining in his flailings

It's the least good.

Zack Snyder: Master of Movie Moments, but not so hot at the actual movie going on.
>Don't project your own simplistic view of film onto Snyder.
And don't project YOUR misguided ideas of what constitute great cinema on a movie you happen to like just because some meanies on the internet didn't like it.

I was actually considering responding to this in full, but the fact that you use the words "pretentious" and "smug" to describe films tells me all I need to know about you and your
"opinions" about film.

Please, go back to discussing children's cartoons, because hey, you know, at least they're not pretentious. At least they don't try.

I'm done with this thread, goodbye.

Bait

>"Please, go back to discussing children's cartoons"
>is on Sup Forums

Because Man of Steel was only made to keep the rights and spite the Siegel and Shuster families

Then they decided to build their cinematic universe on it instead of Green Lantern as originally planned

You like Memepool that much? End yourself

there's a difference between "christian messianic influences"

and the ZERO subtly of hack snyder you fucking autistic faggot, you've been spamming this all week

@90605874
Both of those are legitimate criticisms, you retarded pseud.

Go and cry to Sup Forums no one likes your shit film no one in this thread fucking cares.

See you in the next thread.

For you, maybe. Out of curiosity, how many people have you actually met in real life that didn't like it?

I honestly think Deadpool should be in Low Tier.

Why the fuck do people like that movie? The humour was unfunny garbage 90% of the time and the plot was almost nonexistant.

I'm glad it did well, because Logan wouldn't exist without it, but fuck, are a few dick jokes and some gore all it takes to win you guys over?