Canl it ever be topped?

Canl it ever be topped?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=48CR7aU3w64
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It can and has. The show didn't age well.

In cheesiness?
No it cant be done.

CRY FOR THE MOOOOOOOOOOOON

I like how every X-Show had that one teenager they wanted to make happen.

The 94' series had Jubilee.
The Anime had that armor chink girl.
Evolution had Spikes.

Fuck off, what X-Men show since has done better straightforward adaptations of classic storylines, like the Phoenix Saga?

The young teen girl just learning about being a mutant makes a good universal entrypoint for a new X-Men series.

>I will use my mind to reach out and- ahhh! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Each show featured the x-kid of the team at the time
Pryde of the X-men had Kitty Pryde.

Anime Armor a cute.

Kitty actually managed to left the token teen zone though.

Jubilee was in it because she was part of the then-current comic book X-Men.

>Haven't read up on X Men in years
>Jubilee is literally a Vampire

they're all supposed to be teenagers dumb fuck

A cute vampire.
Her original powers were so shit everyone was fine with her staying a vampire.

CUTE
U
T
E

>Marvel Comics would literally be better off if every single thing that's happened from the early 90s onward got retconned away.

Yeah, it's that bad.

>if every single thing that's happened from the early 90s onward got retconned away.

This show was very bleak for a kids cartoon

That's so adorable. How can anyone not want to protect her?

hopefully the rumors of a new X-Men cartoon is true, but no this will never be topped.

youtube.com/watch?v=48CR7aU3w64

A big part of the charm of this show was how it was able to balance canon with being a kids show.

It touches on all the grimdark themes (Sinister in particular freaked me the fuck out as a kid) yet still boils them down to easily digestible levels and paces it so that every time a post-apocalyptic theme comes up, you know both that it will be a 'happy ending' by the end of the next episode and that even if it doesn't, the X Men will still figure it out. It's honestly impressive how they managed to keep the tone light despite dealing with all the darker themes of the comics right out of the gate.

The X Men never kill any humans despite being in dire straits constantly, and the villains are made menacing as shit when they wreck tanks and humans en masse, yet also never explicitly violently kill civilians on-screen.

and an australian wolverine, that was the best

no way AoA is the single best thing x-men ever had. it actually had apocalypse be the badguy he deserves to be

I doubt it.

>hopefully the rumors of a new X-Men cartoon is true
I sure hope so.
There's only so many times I can rewatch TAS and Evo.

AoA was the last high point of the X-Men franchise. It all went to complete shit immediately afterward. And I do mean immediately.

No they aren't.

X-men Evolution came close, but the need to de-age some characters and the rather dull first 2 seasons bring it down. Gave us Bestclops, though.

Wolverine and The X-men also got close thanks to better voice acting and animation, but its convoluted setting and larger emphasis on Wolverine are flaws that can't be ignored. It also gave us Worstclops.

FOREVER FIGHT AS ONE!!!

>tfw season 3 never

I'd rather have Avengers EMH than Young Justice season 3

Justice League first season and Batman Animated Series are the only things that can compete.

It can and it has.