Is he, dare I say it, /ourguy/ ?

>Is he, dare I say it, /ourguy/ ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-xzzQVk5IfE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He made a good comic, but everyone who has ever met the man has stated that he is a complete and utter asshole.

probably for the best, if he wasn't he'd be shilling calvin and hobbes merch.

>complete and utter asshole.
Sound like /ourguy/

He is max autismo... so.... maybe?

Is he, dare I say it, mogwai?

>(1) no bright light,
>(2) don't get him wet, and
>(3) never feed him after midnight, no matter how much he begs. Bright light hurts him, and sunlight can kill him.

Sound like /mogwai/

youtube.com/watch?v=-xzzQVk5IfE

Not going to lie, from the thumbnail I thought that was Robert Crumb with a haircut.

Huh, I heard (on Sup Forums) that he refused to sign autographs at a convention, but this is the first time I've heard him called "a complete and utter asshole".

Fair enough, he's our /guy/. I just need a source about such claims, how does he manage to be an asshole when he barely gives interviews or meet anyone?

He seemed like a decent enough guy in that interview Stephan Pastis gave about working with him for like, two strips.

Very old fashioned and very private, but alright. Probably doesn't have many friends, but no enemies (Other than capitalism) either.

I thought he just refused to go to conventions

the guy's a shut-in, he still paints but will never show his art to anyone because then it'll be a buzzfeed article about 'remember this guy from when we were kids?'
I'd guess that's his motivation anyway. Maybe he just has a fame complex

He is very autistic about the purity of art. The reason why he stopped signing shit is because those exact people post the shit directly to EBay. He once used to sneak into a local Barnes & Noble to sign his books in secret and stopped immediately when found them all online for sale. He is an artist who has no problem creating for an audience that appreciates shit but, the stupidity of consumerism is why we can't have nice things! It only takes a few to fuck it up for everybody else.

THREAD

Wasn't he a good friend (or at least was in good terms with) Schultz, despite their contrasting treatment of their intelectual properties?

>He is very autistic about the purity of art. The reason why he stopped signing shit is because those exact people post the shit directly to EBay. He once used to sneak into a local Barnes & Noble to sign his books in secret and stopped immediately when found them all online for sale.
Humanity is a shit.

He's an asshole because he indirectly hurt my feelings once when I found out his views on official products did not line up with my own.

Now Robert Crumb is /our guy/

The whole Crumb family is /our guys/

Are you a Robert, a Max, or a Charles?

(I'm a Charles)

>(I'm a Charles)

Bobby Driscull will never love you.

I never saw anything to suggest the two were particularly close as friends. Mutual respect for each other as professionals is probably a given though. Watterson and Berkeley Breathed did seem to have some sort of relationship, although I'm not sure if it should be characterized as a friendship or a friendly rivalry.

>everyone who has ever met the man has stated that he is a complete and utter asshole.

Nope. Just look up the letters that he and Breathed sent each other.

He stopped signing autographs after they started showing up on eBay and ya, he doesn't do public appearances anymore. Even back in the day he only came out of hiding about once every 3 years.

How much you wanna bet that when Watterson kicks the bucket, the general public won't find out for at least five years?

That's Scott Adams.

Watterson is a recluse, but he's not an asshole as far as I know.

>That time steven spielberg wanted to talk to him
>his response was "why would i want to talk to steven spielberg"

fuckin' ace

Most people think that Ditko is dead so yes

>"The reality is that women are treated differently by society for exactly the same reason that children and the mentally handicapped are treated differently."

He's not an asshole, he's a grump.