Pitch a version of the walking dead that isn't for brainlets

pitch a version of the walking dead that isn't for brainlets

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ly7Laj8Yp6w
m.youtube.com/watch?v=1kCxN6o4ymA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Gas runs out in one season
>Zombies fall apart after two
>Remaining seasons about proper body disposal and building up a new agrarian society

make the whole show with specific emphasis on struggling to find food

The main character is a genderqueer latinx. The zombies are all played by white men.

there was movie where they waited for zombies to starve

Darabont

>hbo own the tv show rights
there we go

>more sex scenes and full frontals

>fucking acknowledge that all living things need homeostasis to survive
>fucking zombies don't have this with varying degrees or rotting and damaged internal organs and so guess what
>they fucking die
>that's literally it

The general roadmap of The Walking Dead could be exactly the same and it'd be a great series if competent people who can write good drama were in charge and the episode count was cut down to a reasonable level (as in, not 60% more per season than Game of Thrones). The episode Now in particular really represents everything wrong with The Walking Dead to me because it doesn't advance the plot at all, it's just filler where people have droll conversations and perform inspirational speeches on the front lawn. Glenn spending the night under a dumpster isn't good drama. Giving people a whole summer to mentally prepare for seeing a beloved character get brutalized isn't good drama. Massively overblowing the out-of-nowhere and shocking death of a minor character from the comic by giving it to Sasha and drawing it out with death flagging out the ass isn't good drama. I really don't know what they're thinking most of the time.

PONTYPOOL

If you want zombies to fall apart that fast it's because you are a brainlet. Why do you stupid kids pretend zombies being supernatural is a bad thing?

Preacher would have been a lot better probably.

>take liberties like making the town likable in a fucked up sense
>Emily was better than Tulip
>all dead at the end of 10 episodes of backstory that was covered by one comic

What a fucking waste and I still haven't watched season 2.

yes I would be fine with it if they hadn't that scientist explaining things with a virus

That dumpster shit was Dumb as fuck when they're just going to bash his brain in later. Definitely cut minor shit and focus on a overarching villain like with Governor or Negan because you can literally skip everything after season 4 and just jump into Negan's introduction and not miss anything. I really hope the spoilers are true about Carl dying because I want the show over with because it's just riding on JDM acting his ass off and baiting people with his name in the credits or voice in previews to not appear in the episode.

Why did that tiger look cool in it's first episode then look shit after?

youtube.com/watch?v=ly7Laj8Yp6w
Snyder is a fan of the show. Make him the showrunner.

fear the walking dead post s2
seriously
if you dropped it after the pilot or during s1 please give it another shot
there as no characterization or anything in s1 anyway so you can pick straight up with s2 ep1

The zombie apocalypse did still happen but as the story goes on zombies become less of an issue, because there aren't enough humans left to sustain large zombie crowds. The zombies still need to feed and if they overfeed their bellies burst. They rot away pretty fast and are vulnerable to the elements.

Anyhow, everybody still has the virus, but humanity tries to adjust. The earth has been depopulated but there are clusters of civilization here and there. They fight, they make alliances, try to steal technology from eachother and stuff like that. Electrical grid is largely taken out, but steam is making comback. On of the topics could be one of the city clusters trying to reestablish a transcontinental railroad connect the east and the west. One of the characters could be a dispatch rider who is part of a neutral organization inspired by the old pony express.

>he asks this after we just got Negan Gabe kino

But it's back to the usual now, next episode is nothing but Rick and the trash people, Maggie and Hilltop, and Carl with that Muslim hobo. About a third of All-Out War so far has had no Negan, it's unbelievable.

I liked I am legend's zombies

>About a third of
Fucked that up, the other way around, he's been gone for two thirds of it. He was in half of season 7 and less than a fifth of season 8 and it's averaging out lower and lower with each episode.

Is nobody going to speak up about Rick seeing a helicopter fly past?

>What I'm saying is I got your back either way

I'm bout to start skipping episodes and I've pretty much watched everyone during premiere. These side characters just fucking suck and Negan's people are actually better characters.

>when she teased Eugene about watching people fuck
>that scene where Abe and Rosita fucking and Eugene was watching

She makes me hard and I think Negan should wife her even if she's got that awful tattoo.

So get this.....WE are the real Walking Dead.

I'll drop this show like I dropped Chinatown after it literally said the name of the movie.

28 weeks later, then for some reason they decide to store infected blood in a giant refugee center

She won't become a Negan wife because she already earns a living doing man work and wants Dwight's dick.

Zombie stories rely on:

1) Zombie rules
2) Realism

Zombies smell trick is completely op and will invalidate every encounter; should have never been an option. A hypothetical what-if story losses all steam when the problem is solved. That is why classic zombie movies end or time jump years ahead to a different group having a problem.

Realism is critical when survival is a focus or else it becomes a farce. That means gas not working and characters not wasting ammo.

So it probably couldn't be done unless you have stand alone seasons or a go to different characters after a season or two. And being PC will prevent any realistic story.

Just scrap everything and adapt The Last of Us instead

the zombies are actually people who voted for trump in 2016

They've done this already.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=1kCxN6o4ymA

>And being PC will prevent any realistic story
This. There would be non-stop rape and race wars if this were even slightly realistic.

end it after season 2 and stop trying to convince the audience that lanky Negan is WAY worse than the Governor guys!!!

Trust that the audience is actually paying attention rather than forcing ten minutes of recap dialogue every other scene. If you have to recap something, don't reiterate things that the audience saw a week ago, and don't write it like a shitty daytime soap.
Morales was the biggest failure this season. His scene was written so fucking poorly and his delivery was so awful that it completely killed any impact it might have had. We know Rick is going through changes. We see it already. Not only that, nobody fucking remembers who he was, so his death couldn't have garnered much of a reaction. Furthermore, what the fuck was he doing in Virginia aside from being a desperate attempt to hook in long time viewers?

tl;dr
Fire the writers, hire ones that know what they're doing. Focus on quality over quantity. There doesn't need to be seasons with double-digit episode numbers when the quality suffers.

>Why do you stupid kids pretend zombies being supernatural is a bad thing?
Basically all the new zombie stuff like TWD is embarrassed at the thought of zombies being supernatural.

Follow the comic more or less word for word except maybe a few completely ridiculous scenes during Negan war.

Maybe replace the Tiger with German Shepherds.

The comic isn't perfect by any means, of course, but its much better than this garbage.

Alternatively, scrap it pretty much entirely for an actually "realistic" fast rabies meth zombie series (pretty much any slow zombie apocalypse would be dead in the water) with "living" people with buffed-plot immune systems and blood clotting who survive by eating any animal, human, foliage, whatever they can get their hands on.

Be more of a Last of Us type deal with dystopian military-state factions, maybe racist factions , debauchery rape factions (which to be fair the walking dead has shown a few,) as well as civilian factions just trying to survive and bring some sense of "normalcy."

Make it like Warm Bodies where zombies can turn human again with the power of true love

Personally I'd set in a crossed apocalypse if I wanted sheer horror.
Its super edgy and their form of infected are way scarier to me than an endless supply of slow moving unthinking corpses.