Stargate

Will we ever achieve peak comfy again? It's been over thirteen years since we peaked (March 2004).

Nope. It started going with SGU trying to be a BSG rip off, and ended with the new "series" that shits all over the canon in favor of a STRONK WOMYN adventure.

WACKO

GOOLD?

How does the prequel series shit all over canon? I thought it was just going to be ten minute shorts, or something, to shill their new streaming service for...only Stargate.

Katherine is also established in movie as well as series canon, but I'm not sure how they're going to make enough content for even two ten minute episodes since she didn't do anything from 193X to 199X or whenever they really started to look at the program again. Unless, of course, they're going to run with the idea of her fiance and the other scientists already using the Stargate in the 30s or 40s or whenever it was. But even if that were the case, it still sounds completely uninteresting.

Katherine supposedly goes through the Stargate despite the original series stating she never did after her husband went and they lost contact forever.

I hadn't looked into it that far, only watched that ten second teaser when they launched the site, but that's stupid. Really hope that's not the case.

She never even knew what had happened to her fiance, they'd just told her that he'd died during an experiment. In the movie, obviously, she hadn't either.

>tfw you grew up watching Macgyver but everybody around you only knows him from some retarded basic-cable show you never watched.

>tfw when CBS re-arranges the furniture on set and films a new Macgyver, and it's a shit so pure you realize the Burgerland memes are real.

The absolute state of television.

you are a fucking pleb

It's going to follow her activating the gate and going on adventures.

Despite the lore having her husband be the first person to go through the gate, and her having no idea how it functions and waiting 50 years for Jackson to work it out.

>Guy who watches the Syfy channel calling anybody a pleb

Dr. Jackson
I'm SGC

It was the SciFi channel when Stargatekino was airing.

>being this much of a plebeian

The Orville is as close to comfy as it gets. Shame the season is so short.

>not watching the new comfykino with Brad Wright and the boys

just started watching Star Trek the next generation and its super comfy.
check it out.

Fuck off shill

So is she going to be fighting Goold we know from SG-1 in this miniseries or whatever it is? I don't see how since Goold characters are strongly associated with their original actors in this franchise(which is ironic considering the Goold are body-swapping parasites) and the original actors would all be too old now.

>shill
You have to go back.

No idea, zero interest in even looking into it. Trailer was bad enough. Not sure who they think is going to sign up for a streaming service just for Stargate, unless they remaster all of the original Showtime run CGI or something.

Just as I was getting comfy with Dark Matter, SyFy cancel it.

I'm glad it's over. Between removing the only interesting story arc, Corso's revenge, and all of the other soft reboots that they did every 3-4 episodes it was a fucking mess.

Killjoys getting another season is also a fucking travesty, that got even worse after S02E06 and season three was nothing but awful quips.

Yeah Dark Matter really was a jumbled incoherent mess by the time they ended it. Too bad, it had a lot of heart for a cheap Canadian show on the Syfy channel

SG1 is the closest thing we've ever had in tone to the swashbuckly TOS episodes. It was great.
Also Dick really carried the show in hindsight and having other actors try and fail the same archetype really highlights it.

It was on Showtime when I started watching it which is definitely not basic cable.

It's shaping up to be a complete SJW infested reboot so I'm sure she will. Plus they'll probably make a new top System Lord that looks suspiciously like Trump that she can punch out with some quip.

>ywn play hide and seek in the forests near Vancouver

wat

I've been wondering lately if SG-1 could be made today (pretend it never happened in 1997). Seems way too comfy and lighthearted for this era of edge and grit. Also, would Sup Forums shit all over Jack as a lame Marvel quipper?

Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is UNSCHEDULED ACTIVATION Real Hahahaha Nigga Just CLOSE THE IRIS! Nigga UNPLUG THE GATE Haha