ITT: video games that would make great animated series

pic VERY related

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/aHqsDYUA
pastebin.com/uRDLLZSC
pastebin.com/q532z0v6
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ah, what could have been.

I recall hearing that this was supposed to be one of the episodes, if not the pilot to, a proper animated series for TF2. But I guess something happened in the pipeline and it just wasn't feasible or a financially secure idea anymore. On top of the Engineer's Voice actor getting throat cancer necessitating the Soldier's actor to do most of his lines in that short.

But man, the writing was so on point. I'd love for even just a miniseries to come out at some point, but TF2 might be too "old" for it now.

I could do with an Undertale cartoon,

Second place goes to Crusader Kings II

Wait, I might have the solider and engineer voice thing backwards.
Either way, someone had to swap voices for some scenes due to one of them having throat cancer and being unable to yell. I can't quite remember who though, been years don'tchaknow.

Soldiers VA cant yell anymore.

I'm pretty sure that Engineer got a new VA while Soldier got replaced by Nolan North for only one scene.

The Smash Mansion is always a common idea. Probably because it would be so good

They can't get a single issue of a comic book out in 2 years, I shudder to think of how long it would take them to put out a single season

Shantea: The 1/2 Genie Hero

ss13

Mario

These guys.

>Second place goes to Crusader Kings II

I'm legitimately pleased nobody's said Kingdom Hearts by now.
Easily the most overrated shit I've seen

kingdom hearts

not even a furfag.

wasn't/isn't the guy working on an animated thing anyway? either way it'd be sweet

Animal Crossing.

TF2 would be fucking great but I've always been bothered by one little thing

Would they be fighting essentially clones of themselves? Or would it be based around robots like in MvM?

I'd imagine it'd be them getting in trouble in teufort, or all of New Mexico in general really

though it's probably end up looking more like 9 crazy guys with a lot of guns and 2 - 5 powerful people guiding their mayhem than mercenies stuck in a comical stalemate in that case

I always imagined there would be an unspoken dynamic of "every short/episode character x is inexplicably on the other side and it isn't given any attention", with each episode being a self-contained story.

Considering how popular raunchy adult cartoons are in the west thanks to South Park and Family Guy, I'm surprised that it didn't become a cartoon.

It'd be good but only if it had the really dark nihilistic undertone that the game would later build up. It'd basically be an odd mix of South Park, Happy Tree Friends and Bojack Horseman.

shantae

Overwatch.

I like Undertale but there's no way it'd work as a show. The face value generic plot is meant to be an illusion hiding it's initial point before relieving it's meant to be a general analysis of the JRPG genre and the fact that the story progressively alters depending on replay value. Take that away and you got a generic story with mediocre characters.

Honestly the fact that the story just simply cannot be retold in any other medium aside vidya is what makes me like it so much despite it being a tad bit overrated in general by the public.

>every episode has a high body count, with ultraviolence claiming the crew
>the station is often smashed, mangled, outright destroyed
>next episode everything is back to normal, the station is still fine, everyone is still alive
>despite this they still make frequent references to previous episodes
and dont forget craploads of dark humor

ATHF in space?

a live action stalker series would be amazing, but I could never see it as an animation

clear sky a best

That's what they do in the game already so no big deal.

Sounds kind of like Superjail.

I don't think I've ever played a game with a better sense of adventure than Wind Waker.

I haven't watched recent Adventure Time, but I hear it involved boat adventures. Is it like Wind Waker at all?

>clear sky a best
Go suck start a shotgun

I could see Dark Souls having a show that's kind of like Samurai Jack, but more serious, with even less dialogue, and with more of a continuing story.

>Is it like Wind Waker at all?
nah the boat gets rekt quickly

I was like you once, then I saw the light, I saw the Clear Sky™

Way to break my heart again.

A little of , a little bit of doing missions for the administrator. I could get behind them being a 'Dirty Dozen' or 'Community' thing.

They need to accomplish some task or resolve some infighting each episode, but they're each too neurotic to get it done quickly and efficiently.

>I recall hearing that this was supposed to be one of the episodes, if not the pilot to, a proper animated series for TF2. But I guess something happened in the pipeline and it just wasn't feasible or a financially secure idea anymore.

Quite simply, Adult Swim heard about Valve time. The time and money it would take to make Shorts of the quality Valve comes out with would take too long and cost a little more than what Adult Swim would like. So a pilot it remains.

I mean FFS The REGULAR comics take about a year just for an issue to COME FUCKING OUT.

I fucking dare you to prove me wrong

Breath of the Wild would be an awesome series

UGH

>I AM AFRAID OF WOMEN!
Yeah no thanks. SU already exists.

Yeah, Sealab was a good show

If it was for little kids it would cause them to laugh themselves into a comas

Nolan did both

He was Engie in that short, and did Soldier's yelling while the regular dude did Soldier's talking lines

Didn't prove me wrong

Its time has passed, but somehow this never had a tv show during its peak in the early 2000's. Nickelodeon owned it at some point, too.

The lore is actually complex enough to that it could work.

I still remember the Faerie's Ruin plot...

This would be great

Shovel Knight.

That dwarf is making my dick tingle.

EPIC

This

An animated series by HBO would be great.

I feel like a timesplitters cartoon would be pretty cool. It could be an episodic action cartoon where each episode can take place in different time periods with Cortez trying to collect all the time crystals and shit. The game has the humour and premise to do it all.

It costed too much money for Viacom to keep it any longer and sold it

my nigga

timesplitters really capped off the ps2/xbox generation for me, it's never really been the same since

Beast Wars, but with Tribes.

FLÄSHYN!

>xandra turns entire magical, nigh-immortal race into stone
>crashes their private floating continent from the sky into the earth
the wraiths that suddenly showed up from outside reality were probably a faerie creation to make everyone think they need them around too

would be fantastic. The characters already lend themselves well to an episodic or standalone format.

I'm fine with whatever approach would be taken as long as the action were to have some grittiness to it.

Really, anything by Behemoth could work well.

Left 4 Dead
Beyond Good and Evil
Viewtiful Joe
Freedom Force
Psychonauts
Mass Effect 1: Just follow a spectre and only involve the reapers later on
Sins of a Solar Empire

>(dismissive fart noise)

Darkest dungeon would actually work well for this. You could kill anyone off and have them be replaced without fully messing with the status quo.

>Viewtiful Joe
low blow

Just gonna throw this out there...

Red Alert 2 kind of works if you overplay the campiness of it.

I remember a thread years and years ago where people discussed a hypothetical WoW cartoon, 2 11-minute segments an episode, one for a group of Horde adventurers and one for Alliance. I want it bad.

Actually now that I think about it, that is basically just redoing GI J.O.E

Starcraft: Brood War.

Roughnecks got away with killing bugs instead of robots. And you can just play the zerg off as exactly that

>the best we'll ever get to a wow cartoon are the shittily animated, yet somewhat amusing carbot animations

Just remember: there's a universe out there where the wow movie did so good it spawned an animated series and you're not in it.

Cant believe I didnt think of it. Its an obvious choice

>Ni No Kuni is already basically an anime, a series of it would be comfy
>Rayman could work. And yes I know one exists let's not talk about it
>An Ape Escape series where every episode is a parody of a different show but with apes like in Ape Escape 3 would be fucking based

The Matrix is a good movie.

No More Heroes

>Confirmed for smash never

I always thought shadowrun would make a good PG series if you toned down the heavier themes

Wat

i dunno man. I played it once like 7 years ago but I felt very strongly that an animated series would have been great. I think it was the whole matte colour sections or something

I like Katie's Smash comics a lot, but she's been on a MGS kick lately.

>Tfw I had work and couldn't be one of the millions of people to kill the food-burning panda today.

Who would be comic relief for each side, though?

>potentially large, intetersting ensemble cast
>most of the main characters could suddenly just die

You know people always bitch about the sorceress and her rolling hills, but what the fuck is with the Warriors head? It's a teeny tiny little thing on this MASSIVE torso that plainly looks more ridiculous in comparison to the rest of his already out of proportion body.

Also, my pick for game that would make a great show. Come on, it'd work so well as an action horror kinda show.

I've been trying to figure out how to make it work, and I've come up with two options:

An episodic, Blackadder-esque series that focuses on a small-time count who keeps getting caught up in the shenanigans of the world around him as things get increasingly silly, poking fun at both historical events and the patented """Believable Worlds""" that inevitably happen in the games. Examples:

>"M'lord, Iceland has joined the Crusade against those Saracen infidels!"
>"Oh God not again..."

>"So let me get this straight, is there anyone here who ISN'T a Karling?"
>"I'm a Komnenos!"
>"Sir, it says here you are are culturally Norse, ethnically Mongolian, and religiously... the hell is a Zunist?"
>"I think it had that for supper last night m'lord."

>"So let me get this straight. You have uncovered a plot by one... Roger a Muirebe."
>"Yes m'lord."
>"To kill one... Roger a Muirebe."
>"Yes m'lord."
>"...Fantastic. Well, expose him immediately, Roger a Muirebe."
>"At once, m'lord!"

The other is something that completely embraces the nature of the series as alternate history and just tells the tale of a dynasty's struggles through the crusades. Let it go full """Believable Worlds""" but play it straight. Yes, including the Aztecs.

Where the fuck is Luigi

i just remembered that in halloween i was Grunkle Stan and i did this joke, it was awesome

Wayne June would be an absolute necessity.
It's not the same without him.

They wouldn't even need to animate it particularly well, just make sure the shots are angled well and has solid lighting.

Though yes, the Ancestor makes the games lack of actual animation hardly noticeable and really sells the success or failure of a dungeon run.

>Valve time
Hey speaking of Valve Time, they just recently fixed a bug where the hitboxes would get fucked up if you switched from certain classes to others. Most importantly, the head hitboxes would actually be beside where the model heads would be, and the legs hotboxes would be walking in the perpendicular direction from what you'd actually be walking.

The bug had been in the game since its launch in 2007.

Ohhhhh man.
This game makes me so angry.

>not available on PS4
REEEEEEE

Undertale is one of the few games that succeeds at making the gameplay feel like part of the narrative; not just a series of unrelated tasks you have to do between exposition dumps.

>Bojack style show but instead of a washed-up actor he's an alcoholic retired hero
kind of Bojack meets Venture Bros.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT GUYS!

The soldier's VA actually never had cancer, they just didn't want to fly him in for one line so they had Nolan do the line since he was there recording the engineer stuff anyway

Fuck, I need to finish NMH and NMH2. It's a pity they can't really be ported over to other consoles.

What about this?
pastebin.com/aHqsDYUA
pastebin.com/uRDLLZSC
pastebin.com/q532z0v6

It feels like she's been deep in MGSV for years. I miss the Smash crew.