Why has western animation never topped this fight?

Why has western animation never topped this fight?
youtu.be/3VB_vjVxcic

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bmkxsQnNujI
youtube.com/watch?v=7nQLiq3PkG8
youtube.com/watch?v=TKUWEy8ASGY
youtube.com/watch?v=2uR01YPPv7M
youtube.com/watch?v=jryXbaOCPmk
youtube.com/watch?v=-KOH2Ocy778
youtube.com/watch?v=WIj7gIDFDe4
sakugabooru.com/post/show/29977
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because you never watched this one

youtube.com/watch?v=bmkxsQnNujI

That one's ok

i prefer vader vs ahsoka

Spectacular Spider-Man: Opera House fight.

I love Genndy.
youtube.com/watch?v=7nQLiq3PkG8

Western animation has never taken itself seriously in the way the sequences like this require

everything posted in this thread is a complete joke compared to even a mediocre animated action scene

This shit is just so completely lifeless and terrible, such an even pace and back-and-forth choreography, the simplest animation imaginable, I mean, the praise you are leveling upon it is honestly pathetic, I just can't get over it

Noise.

post a better one?

>mediocre animated action scene

I'm sorry?

What's up with American animators being incapable of conveying weight?

There are no significantly better ones in western animation, maybe a couple of moments when Avatar maxed out the budget possibly

But the west has never learned animation, there are literally countless throwaway fights in real effort intensive animation that put all this garbage to shame, you should all stick to talking about superheroes

youtube.com/watch?v=TKUWEy8ASGY

They're just shit in general, which is what I'm trying to say here

Their animation is lazy

Genndy is especially bad in this regard

The b8 is too weak. Also, everyone knows anime is for pedophiles and should never be taken seriously.

I mean, notice even how characters just standing in place has an infinitely larger amount of angles and perspectives, animated fabrics, and just quality up and down the board that western animation completely overlooks

both due to low budgets and pure incompetence

This thread is a joke, the west cannot into action and never could

Why was this show canceled

Look, I like Samurai Champloo a lot, but the idea that this is scene is somehow a brilliantly animated action scene is silly. In the end of the day it was anime for television. Half the time they are standing still, dumping pointless exposition that isn't really necessary over a panning shot. Sometimes it isn't even a panning shot, it's just a completely still frame. Their lips aren't synchronized to their speech. Many shots, especially of them in the air, are done at a ridiculously low framerate.

Having more realistic looking models =/= better animation. Even if we are talking about just choreography the Clone Wars fight at least has them changing locations and color palette (from the lush green jungle to the darker interior of the temple to the red moon facing outside). Even when they are standing still there is usually animation, like when the rain hits their lightsabers. They use a variety of force powers to shake things up a bit as well. The best part of it, though, is that there is no exposition dump. The most important story element is just told through the visuals (Anakin turns to the dark side and submits to his anger, represented by his aggressive attacks and the red color palette near the end of the fight.)

CN told Genndy to turn it into a Ben10 clone. He refused, so the producers did the bare minimum of their jobs and that's pretty much it,

i actually prefer less realistic models for action, since it allows for more movement, and lets be honest just use actors if you are gonna spend your whole budget replicating people

>being incapable of conveying weight

Genndy absolutely can, he just doesn't in most fights because he intentionally mimics Japanese theater, and Chinese wire fights. There is literally zero weight in those exchanges because of the style.

American shows have substantially higher budgets than anime, even if it doesn't look like it.

>Their lips aren't synchronized to their speech.
Not having to record dialogue beforehand and match the animation to it is more efficient and flexible, and it really doesn't matter much whether the mouths are synced or not, especially when Japanese is such a sound poor language.

It allows more movement but it reduces or obliterates the visual quality and realism of the entire show.

Exactly who animated that on how much was the budget?

I'm assuming due to the short length of the series and the LucasArts budget it was to be expected that the animation would be above average.

How long was the Gendy Star Wars series? 40 minutes? 60?

Were you being a cheeky Sup Forumsssfaggot again?
You posted Wakfu, a french animation with absolutely no timing and bone structure, where everything looks like a liquid. Not to mention french and japanese copy the same style a lot.

He didn't posted Wakfu, he posted the Dofus movie.

We need to fund pic related.

they are both good

?

realism is overrated, especially when the advantage of animation is the ability to distance yourself from it

visual quality is subjective, and stylization can improve rather than reduce it, since it can keep things slick and not bogged down with extraneous detail

I don't mean just literal realism as in trying to make everything look as close to reality as possible, I mean drawing characters in a detailed way, having detailed shading and detailed backgrounds to create a sense of reality. It makes things look more convincing and immersive, and just better in general.

>visual quality is subjective
Only to some extent.

i dont like detail that isnt pertinent to the character, since it slows down movement, and can be visually distracting

addind detail in a manner that makes things more realistic without looking like a mess can be done, but this is usually an unreachable nirvana that can only be reached in full-length theatrical releases

i would rather have more movement and smoother motion than more resolution on the people
given two extremes, well animated stickmen and a slide show of portraits i will alwaysa choose the former

>addind detail in a manner that makes things more realistic without looking like a mess can be done, but this is usually an unreachable nirvana that can only be reached in full-length theatrical releases
It's hardly unreachable when every anime does it.

Ooohhhh I just came.

But Genndy would need help. He cannot do dialogue worth a damn.

>TFW Baron laughs at Lance because he has a dead dad
>TFW Lance murders Baron's father

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>western animation

Animated in South Korea, bro.

>weebs dissing gendy
Like animu usually have better fights, they mostly use cheap camera shakes and blur to convey the illusion of "quality". Camera vibrates on an attack and weebs cum.
You rarely get things of this kind of quality:
youtube.com/watch?v=2uR01YPPv7M

There's absolutely nothing wrong with using camera shaking to add more impact, and there's even less wrong with smear frames. You're also completely misrepresenting anime fight animation by claiming it just comes down to those things. It doesn't.

Also weebs practically speaking do not exist. They are a bogeyman.

Oh please, spare me this bullshit. This site is weeb central and you wanna turn it into alt facts now.

This place is weeb paranoia central. I'm not sure if I have ever seen an actual weeb here, just people accused of being one. Even liking or defending anything Japanese is enough to get someone accused of being a weeb.

Do you have a source for that or did you felt for the "all American animation is outsourced in Korea" meme?

>Rough Draft Studios (overseas production facility) (as Rough Draft Korea: season 3)
>Rough Draft Studios (overseas production facility) (as Rough Draft Studios, Inc. SEOUL KOREA)
No credited animators.

Doesn't Rough Draft have animators in America?
If not I guess you're right.

I don't know if they do any production work in America, but if something is animated stateside then there should be credited animators on IMDB.

>But the west has never learned animation,

youtube.com/watch?v=jryXbaOCPmk

The guy you responded too is a retard but TDKR was outsourced.

IMDB credits a Korean animation studio and names no animators. Meaning that it was animated entirely in Korea.

By the way, guy who complained about camera shaking and smearing: they're in this video too.

Uh user your weeb is showing

Yeah, and anyone who says America has a stronger movie industry than Japan must be a westaboo. Right?

>the west has never learned animation, there are literally countless throwaway fights in real effort intensive animation that put all this garbage to shame
>America has a stronger movie industry than Japan
Totally the same.

why do autist get so impresed with plasticman fight and after effect After Effects

Japan has a stronger animation industry than the West. Anyone who says that is a weeaboo who is clearly delusional.

But pointing out that America has a stronger live action movie industry than Japan is ok, because it's just a fact after all.

Saying that Japan has a stronger animation industry than "the West" is correct.
Saying that "the West" never learned animation and that there are literally countless throwaway fights in real effort intensive animation that "put all this garbage to shame" is weeaboo bullshit.

>implying that there is anything wrong with that screenshot

He was exaggerating, but not by much. The West never got very good at animation, and didn't develop the kind of fight animation seen in anime.

>The West never got very good at animation
Are you stupid or just ignorant?
If you unironically believe that the Nine Old Men, Richard Williams etc are anything but some (if not the) greatest animators in the world you probably should stop talking about animation.

Disney is only the greatest by their own standards.

Stand the fuck back!
This fight will never be topped on any medium
youtube.com/watch?v=-KOH2Ocy778

Collage Animation will never be topped

>Shakeycam

Good lord, I absolutely hate this.

But user, webm related is the greatest western animated fight scene

>that nut shot

It's more like a taint shot tbqh

I don't speak french, but I know terrible voice acting when I hear it.

>western
Watch anime, is shit too, I dunno but quality in animation has been decreasing pretty hard in the last decades

Everyone gets overly agressive when it comes to fighting scenes and animation, too many diverging opinions on what makes it good or bad, the only consensus is that weight is important.

We're entering Hannah Barbara levels of garbage

pic related

what episode was this?

Anime is overflowing with great animation.

Yes, this single frame (which may or may not be a quick in-between) means that anime has now regressed to HB levels.

I will start posting the new Dragonball series

So help me god if you say some dumb shit like that ever again

DBS is one of the tiny handful of go-to examples people produce when they're trying to "prove" that animation quality has dropped (or that the Japanese can't animate or whatever fake problem is being pushed). There's 40 or more half hour long shows every season, DBS is a drop in the bucket.

The other 39 are moe shit

>citation needed

Give me examples of one and I'll bring you examples of the other
Both West and Nip animation outsources their shit anyway. Not to mention the majority of their 9-5er shit is dogshit and you know it

There exists no such thing.

Examples of what?

>Both West and Nip animation outsources their shit anyway.
No. Japan only outsources some work. Most work is done in Japan.

>Not to mention the majority of their 9-5er shit is dogshit and you know it
Late night anime is much more numerous and relevant. I watch very little daytime anime, but I know that Pretty Cure at least has a lot of great animation.

oh fucking hell its famicomfag

FUCK OFF FAMICOMFAG

If you think I'm famicom you obviously have no idea who he is.

Would've been great if Baron came back in later seasons as a villain.

What anime currently airing or recently aired has good animation? I want to watch something nice.

>convey the illusion
Isn't that just half of animating? An animator is after all trying to convince the audience something is happening.

Where's the shake in that webm?

Little Witch Academia, Kobayashi-san, Tales of Zestiria, Flip Flappers, Euphonium, Occultic;Nine, Yuuri on Ice (though it's uneven).

they did
youtube.com/watch?v=WIj7gIDFDe4

>Kobayashi-san
is it the show with dragons with big boobs?
I know this is probably the worst place to ask but I have to know, is it good? Is it a manga adaptation because it's easier for me to read the manga.

I got interested in it because it looked like a harem show but with a girl protagonist instead of the usual dense MC circlejerk.

Good to very good animation and visuals.
The rest is okay.

I like it and most other people seem to as well. It's hard to go wrong with Kyoani.

sakugabooru.com/post/show/29977

Literally only 3 of those shows are good though

I know you sped this up

Someone asked me for shows that have good animation, and I answered the question. Nobody fucking cares what you think about them.

fucking metal

Eh, would have been more interesting if he had mellowed out and grown up to respect Lance. The whole "kid rival" thing has been done to death, with the only reason it wasn't too bad in SBT being how Lance wasn't treated like a king throughout his kid/teen years.

>muh anime!
>muh western!

Christ, can't you autists just enjoy shows for their entertainment instead of who does the better animation? If the art style is good, you can enjoy even if the characters aren't fucking drawn with a bajillion goddamn fucking frames of detail.

Just having shakes in the place of inbetweeners still makes it shitty.

Maybe for you.

please tell me where is this from, it is fucking metal man