Why was this show so awful? literally nothing redeemable about it except gay subtext

why was this show so awful? literally nothing redeemable about it except gay subtext.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8lk4Dm0qOX4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Literally just an excuse to shovel shitty cheap toys onto the market.

Filmation was the last animation house not to outsource to Japan. As a result their animation was cheap, ugly and repetitive to cut costs, and the animators and writers were still underpaid as fuck.

that mustache tho

because 80's cartoons were cash grabs to sell toys and nothing else. Didn't matter what crap they put out, kids would still watch it because they were the only cartoons on.

Cartoons before artists took over instead of executives were truly the dark ages.

>nearly four replies without someone mentioning SU

That was never gonna happen.

I SAIDDD HEEY YAY YAAYY YAY YAY HEY YAY YAY. I SAID HEY. WHAT'S GOING OOOOON.

Shut your fucking mouth OP. NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

It's got a bit more going for it than that. The scenery is consistently beautiful. And I find the show's mixture of fantasy and science fiction was very creative in its casually improvised, surrealist way. There's almost nothing else like it. And the stiff animation and characterization enhances the strange charm of it for me.
There's also Alan Oppenheimer's iconically hammy turn as Skeletor.

It gave us Eternity War and the ThunderCats crossover comics and that makes it all worth it.

He-man was great. They fit so much stuff in to a single episode, it felt like an actual adventure instead of the 11 minute conflict-resolution shit we get today,

I thought this was a Centurions thread and now I'm really disappointed.

it is the literal grandfather of memes you son of a bitch.

show some respect

But Centurions is good.

It's a decent fantasy setting imo. Better building than SU at least.

The scenery is pretty bland, as far as I remember. But the voice acting IS superb, as far as hammy voice acting goes.

youtube.com/watch?v=8lk4Dm0qOX4

There it is!

Yes, that's why I'm disappointed it's not a Centurions thread. Keep up, man.

I find it to be so bad it's good.

The result of a random collection of bizarre toy designs and idea is this very camp and surrealist show, to the point that it's almost creative at times.

Honestly I'd love to see a modern animated reboot.

Some weird plan to normalize grotesquely roided out bodies.

I thought they tried that in the 00s

It was good. Written by JMS. Honestly wasn't special though.

It was the 80s.It was already super popular which is why everyone in Heman is roided out.

80's cartoons were so shit and normies still hold it as the best fucking time ever for that.

TAKE YOUR DRAWERS OFF
AND WORK YOUR LEGS
OPEN YOUR ASS UP
LIKE A KEG

AND HE TRIES

The 2002 cartoon was one of the best animated series ever. Much better than the 80's series.

It was a definite improvement, but yeah, it wasn't especially great.

Shit taste detected. Rarely has been produced an animated series with the epicness and the Fantasy feeling of the 2002 MOTU cartoon.

Also the DC comics have been awesome so far too.

I don't know about best ever but it was alright

Can't be more underpaid than the Japanese themselves.

It was among the best for sure.

She-Ra was actually pretty dope. It had Larry DiTillio and J. Michael Straczynski.

The cosplaying Barbie? No thanks. MOTU had Paul Dini and Bruce Timm. So this doesn't say much.

this show was awesome bro-bro. you just hate fun.

>morals at the end, innuendo galore, orko comically fucking up shit with magic, facial hair, whispy women voices

Guy on the right, I managed to remove his legs after 4 months of HARD WORK. Those toys were sturdy as fuck!

Oh look, Sup Forums is discussing the latest old cartoon to be picked up by Netflix

theres nothing wrong with it i guess but you guys are so fucking predictable

and by that i mean you guys just eat whatever garbage appears on your plate