Why don't western comics have higher standards for artists?

Why don't western comics have higher standards for artists?

Because they don't sell very well regardless of art quality so the truly talented artists apply themselves to mediums where they'll actually make some money for their hard work.

There is a IMage equivalent in Japan?

Shonnen Jump would be like Marvel isn't it?

SJ's manga are by different artists in different genres and unrelated to each other.

This. Skill is only a required if it makes demand. CGI in films require this love or hate it thus why things like Norm of the North are rare in comparisons to Pixar/Disney cgi films.

Style tends to be valued more in the West than high levels of detail.

For instance Mignola uses detail very sparingly, but his style is fantastic for its ability to convey atmosphere.

Ever heard of that little country called Europe?

> some money
Unless you get a 25+ volume huge hit, you'll probably be stuck working a 50 hour week non stop through all your career to actually support yourself as a manga artist

(and it's simply impossible to make it on your own on the mainstream; even fucking ONE has a group of assistants ffs)

Hmmm.
HMMMMMMMMM.

Yes, because mangaka are slaves to the people. In good ol' America, we believe in capitalism. We are only slaves to ourselves, and that's coming back with a vengeance thanks to the Big Man.

Manga is a capitalist industry. Manga artists are paid money for their work.

To avoid posting an entire essay I'll summarize by saying it's cultural perception of animation and the stigma of cartoons=baby shows.
Look up the history of voice acting in japan as well and contrast it with ours.
Lastly, the big money here is Hollywood.
Additionally, look up the animation age ghetto.

I must be the only person on the fucking planet who didn't like Persepolis. I found it utterly tedious, which I didn't experience with other autobio comics like Maus.

Yeah, quality varies here too.

Just read something other marvel and dc comics you dumb nigger