Anyone else hate Meryl Streep? That trailer for the new movie and how shes mugging for the camera every second...

Anyone else hate Meryl Streep? That trailer for the new movie and how shes mugging for the camera every second, you can just see what a vacant, soulless sociopath is inside of there.

Katharine Hepburn was right about her.

Do tell.

Yep. Don't like her acting at all. Sm

>Katharine Hepburn hated Meryl Streep calling Streep her least favorite modern actress. quoted as referring to Streep’s acting skills as 'click, click, click' meaning that you can always see the wheels turning in her head.

Her acting is just talking with an accent and acting smug

According to Orson Welles, Katharine Hepburn was a foul-mouthed whore.

According to many reputable newspapers, Orson Welles was a hack.

What was she ever good in? Watching her in The Irony Lady was torture.

According to the French, mwuaaahhAAAHHHH

I always found myself biased against her for the sole reason that everyone has been lauding her as the Actress Supreme for the last 3 or 4 decades, and the contrarian in me chafes against those kind of effusive accolades (no one is THAT good).

Lately, though, I've come to despise her for her disingenuous "Not everyone knew" bullshit about Weinstein even though everyone in fucking Hollywood knew. AND she called him "God" not all that long ago, like the popular girl in school who values her peers' worth solely by how much power and popularity they seem to have. Just an elitist, hypocritical cunt.

And believe it or not, I'm a lefty, so her anti-Trump screeds haven't influenced my dislike for her. She's just simply a shell of an actual person.

Her attitude makes me think shes a real cunt away from cameras.

Whats her family life like?

According to respected writers and philosophers journalists are scum.

smugness personified
meryl streep is a brand, normies know who she is but probably haven't ever seen her in anything while at the same time will think of her as a high art masterclass thespian for the ages
why? because that is how she has cleverly advertised herself over the decades

she probably fucks horses and eats her own shit DESU

The defining moment for me was seeing her on stage giving a smug and emotionally charged speech to her hollywood colleagues about how they are the most oppressed people in america, crying crocodile tears and receiving a standing ovation. Her and all of hollywood can burn in hell

She's just an actress who says retarded shit, user. If you get mad at every actor and actress who says something retarded, you'd never watch anything.

Her daughter is better.

Ever since she shat against Trump I've hated her.

>If you get mad at every actor and actress who says something retarded, you'd never watch anything.
exactly, which is why i don't ever watch anything

The Post is the most oscar baiting movie I've seen advertised in quite a while. It's not only trying to be a subtle critique of Trump and "speaking truth to power", but it also acts as a PR campaign for the WaPo and NYT to salvage their shredded credibility by latching on to the accomplishments of journalists who have had nothing to do with either paper for decades.

they need to chuck her in a marvel movie so it can receive lots of awards

Shes obviously someone whos ego is the size of the fucking moon due to the amount of oscar nominations that have clearly gone to her head. Also standing ovation for Roman "I date rape 13 year olds in the butthole" Polanski was quite the classy move on her part.

Hepburn being a whore has long been part of Golden Age of Hollywood lore.

She broke up Spencer Tracy's marriage (where he had a son who was deaf) and spent DECADES fucking him and living in sin with Tracy, who refused to divorce his wife because he was too afraid of the scandal (Spencer Tracy liked to present himself as a pious Catholic).

In the end, when Tracy died, Katherine was barred from the funeral by Tracy's wife and son for how she wrecked their family.

She's hit or miss. But when she's on, MS lives up to her hype.

A good example of her hyped versatility is the film "She-Devil". "She-Devil" was a steaming pile of dog shit that killed all hope Roseanne Barr had to move from sitcoms to movies, but MS manages to make the piece of shit watchable in the way that she fully commits to her character (a spoiled, self-absorbed home wrecking romance novelist who slowly goes insane due to Barr's character seeking revenge against her), that it makes the movie watchable.

you write all good and stuff

I want to see her fighting against a black actress.

As for recommendations:

Holocaust (tv mini-series)
Deer Hunter
She-Devil
Death Becomes Her (which is one of her first non-drama films)
Julie and Julia (like She-Devil, she redeems what would have been a steaming pile of dog shit)
The Hours
The Devil Wears Prada
French Lieutenant's Wife
Kramer Vs Kramer
Out of Africa
Sophie's Choice
Silkwood
Bridges of Madison County
Lions For Lambs (worth it for watching MS play a super liberal who gets BTFO)
Prime
Doubt
Into the Woods