Hey Hey Hey! It's time for more Crtoography!

Hey Hey Hey! It's time for more Crtoography!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ooy4YYFFM9w
youtube.com/watch?v=L5at4NxJnd0
youtube.com/watch?v=7q6brMrFw0E
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pig_War_(1859)
heyarnold.wikia.com/wiki/Hillwood
twitter.com/AnonBabble

... Hey Arnold takes place in New York?

We need conformation on the in-world locations for Recess, Nanook's Great hunt, Johnny Test, and Blinky Bill.

>China, IL takes place in Illinois
Wait, what? Is that what the "IL" stands for?

Last Thread went on too long.
...Also what goes in the UK? Pooh?

Early supposed to be in Washington State. But after First season it went to NYC.

What's that for Missouri

I've heard that the creators changed their mind about that later in production, and wanted to add influences from other cities.

All of the best cartoons are based on real life places usually.

>nothing but garbage

Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn.

Beavis and Butthead take place in New Mexico.

Scratch that. I'm dumb.

Yes. These are official.

Doonesbury takes place in Oklahoma, user.

Goddamn I love my state and my cartoon.

Same, my university had a koth section of the art musuem

It's now my headcanon these exist within the same country. I wanna see Hank run into Mina's dad and go on a rant a out satanic shit. Or a really odd crossover of Animaniacs and Clarence.

youtube.com/watch?v=ooy4YYFFM9w

huh, is Galactic Betty implied or does she straight out say she's from Saskatchewan

>Boondocks
>Maryland
?

>The strip depicts Huey Freeman and his younger brother Riley, two young children who have been moved out of the South Side of Chicago with their grandfather Robert to live with him in the predominantly white fictional suburb of Woodcrest (in Maryland, as seen from the area code stated in the March 16, 2000 strip).

What's with that one Hawaiian island that doesn't have Lilo and Stitch on it?

Huh. Never knew that. Always thought Woodcrest was like Springfield is to the Simpsons.

I think the OP used that washing machine scene from the movie, and because of the cropping, the white panels of the washing machine makes it look like an island is blank.

Apparently it on MacGruder's own childhood move, which I didn't know until now.

Don't know, someone else made the Canada map on the old thread.

*was based on, oops

Put Dan Vs in new mexico

I think there's probably a cartoon that's a better than Rocky and Bullwinkle for MN. Especially since it barely took place here. And there has to be something that fits better than Animaniacs for California. Since it's not really representative of California but Hollywood/Burbank and Hollywood/Burbank alone. They never even hang out in the greater LA area. Can't argue with Goof Troop for Ohio though. That's a good match

>new mexico

Sup Forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poor NH

What's the one in NH?

How on earth did you not know that?

Vermont represents!

Well then.

Considering than nobody gives two fucks about my state, I guess I'll have to look into this one.

The Hundred Acre Woods is Christopher Robin's name for the Five Hundred Acre Woods, south of London.

Is Wikipedia wrong? It says Los Angeles.

Clamburg has coast, VT is landlocked.
youtube.com/watch?v=L5at4NxJnd0

Brave

I don't recognize the Utah cartoon

Smart

One of these types of things. I don't know which one.
youtube.com/watch?v=7q6brMrFw0E

>Hey Arnold is in Washington
>Garfield is in Indiana
>Steven Universe is in Delaware
>Mike Tyson Mysteries is in Nevada

how

Well the actual Mike Tyson lives in Nevada so......

Because that's where they're all set.

Probably not a Yank. We only bother to remember names of countries, not administrative areas. Fuck, my country has like 16 administrative areas in it and I don't even bother to remember those. People outside of the US mostly just know California and New York and MAYBE Florida, Hawaii, Alaska or Texas.

For some reason I wanted to say Hey Arnold took place in New York.

Where do we know it's Seattle?

Hey Arnold is based on Seattle
Steven Universe is based on the Delmarva Penninsula

She's from Moosejaw Saskatchewan. Yes it's a real city, it was also in Fugget About It.

Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan

Goof Troop is in Ohio?

>calling your city Moosejaw
you fucking Canucks

The creator's said that it's based on Seattle, although it definitely draws influence from New York and Chicago. IIRC they confirmed it took place in Washington too; it's not a real city but sort of an amalgamation of cities with its general character based on Seattle.

Also I'm surprised that I can't think of a comic or cartoon set in TN. You'd think between Memphis, Nashville, and all the musical history there'd be at least one.

Here's Ireland

Other way around.

Like the Pig War is based on a real thing

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pig_War_(1859)

Moosejaw sounds awesome as fuck and tough as hell. Sounds like you came out of a fight. Way better than some pussy shit like Springfield.

Charlotte explicitly stated to come from Vermont.
It was the first thing she ever said.

But he clearly knew IL by its shape. Also, these are our administrative districts; no one would memorize these.

Exactly, which means she's a transplant. The show doesn't take place it Vermont.

I never said that.

Well he is the most famous fictional Iowan.

Though there's also Hawkeye, Miss Piggy and Lois Lane.

Seattlefag here. That's bullshit. Literally nothing about it is like Seattle. It's definetely more NYc inspired.

I was gonna say, I always thoguht Hey Arnold took place in Brooklyn.

>Hillwood City is the city where Arnold lives, and where most events of the show take place. According to an interview with Craig Bartlett it's an amalgam of large northwestern cities, including Seattle (his hometown), Portland (where he went to art school) and Brooklyn (the bridge, the brownstones, the subway).
It's like I said here , it's a mix of several cities.

People are basing it off of Goofy's map in the Goofy Movie.

It was more ambiguous in the show itself and people generally assumed it was somewhere near Duckburg, which is located in a fictional state called Calisota, which is basically that State of Jefferson that people want to make out of Northern California/Southern Oregon.

Literally nothing about it is like Seattle though. I don't even see the Portland influence. I don't doubt Bartlett has said that, but if it's meant to be Seattle it's a fucking awful interpretation of it.

American here
Moosejaw is a fucking awesome name for a town
at least you can pronounce it right
I live in Massachusetts
>Worcester is Wusster
>Billerica is Bill-rick-uh
>Leominster is Lemonster
>Leicester is Lester
>Scituate is Sitch-ew-it
>Gloucester is Gloss-ter

I love New Hampshire, especially northern NH

The city was probably a lot different when he was growing up, although once again it's definitely infused with a lot of New York and Chicago. Having been to Portland and Seattle myself more than once I can see the influence, but it feels almost subdued. It seems kind of like a "what if Seattle were as big as New York or Chicago" city.

>tfw Tennesseefag
>really don't want fucking Rock a Doodle to represent my home state but can't find anything else

Deputy dawg is set in Tennessee too.

Nigga, I've lived in Seattle for 10 years. It is not like Seattle. The aesthetic of it is completely NYC. What in your opinion is like Seattle?

Oh hey, I guess that is set in TN. You think there'd be an Elvis cartoon or something set in Memphis but apparently not. The Goon's from TN too but isn't set in it.

>hey arnold
>washington
As a kid, I always assumed Hey Arnold took place somehwere in New York. It just had that gritty nyc atmosphere

Fuck this.

What's with Andy was in Alberta?

Using that logic we could say it's not New York because New York of the last 10 years doesn't look like HA does.
HA is based on the creators experience and the show came out nearly 20 years ago. Seattle is very different now, but 80s Seattle probably looked a lot more like it does in the show.

>Rock a Doodle
>bad
Are you some sort of faggot? The story might not be top notch, but it's superbly animated and has that hot as fuck pheasant girl.

>states
>administrative areas

When I've been there it's struck me as a pretty typical large American city, with architecture ranging from some examples of Art Deco to a more dominant modern fare. Also you have to remember, the Seattle that Hey Arnold is based on would have been the one from the 60's-70's when Bartlett was growing up, and I doubt that has much culturally in common with the modern Seattle that I've seen. Hell even 90's Seattle I bet was a lot different than the Seattle from 2007 on, that's the year that hipster culture really started to take off.

>The Transformers movies may have shit writing but the effects are top notch! A+
>This game plays like shit but the graphics look really nice! Five stars!
>This book has awful prose and all the characters are flat stereotype, but the pages feel really nice! 10/10!

Fill in the remaining states with the Simpsons.

No it fucking didn't. The city didn't magically turn from being indistinguishable to NYC to being Seattle as it is now. All of the city elements like pigeon coops, and Central Park, stoops, the subway, the bridges, the urban sprawl, the way the schools are called P.S. whatever the fuck, to even the way the characters act is all NYC. Nothing about it is like Seattle.

Don't forget about the waifu, since the quality of a cartoon is based entirely on whether or not you reach orgasm.

That's how all those cities are pronounced in England you numbnut

Added Deputy Dawg for Tennessee.

heyarnold.wikia.com/wiki/Hillwood
M8 there's hints throughout the show that point to it being set in Washington State and the creator himself literally said as much, I don't know why you're arguing so hard about it. Also Seattle's seen a massive influx of people not just since when Bartlett was growing up, but since the 90's when Hey Arnold was airing, and was the epicenter of a large cultural movement in the year you moved there. And once again, of course it has influence from other cities, because once again, the creator outright stated as much and it wears those influences on its sleeve.

>it's struck me as a pretty typical large American city, with architecture ranging from some examples of Art Deco to a more dominant modern fare

Nice, that's every large metropolitan city in America.

>Seattle that Hey Arnold is based on would have been the one from the 60's-70's when Bartlett was growing up, and I doubt that has much culturally in common with the modern Seattle that I've seen. Hell even 90's Seattle I bet was a lot different than the Seattle from 2007 on, that's the year that hipster culture really started to take off.

Dude, Hey Arnold is obviously NYC. Seattle didn't turn from NYC into what it is today. It was different but not that different. All of the cultural touchstones that have been a part of the culture for decades that someone from Seattle would put in the show are not there. Also, If "hipster culture" is something you're going to cite as a defining trait about the city of Seattle you genuinely don't know what you're talking about.

user, please.

Was there ever a Doonesbury cartoon?

>Garfield is in Indiana

Paws, Inc. is in Albany, Indiana

It's Washington.

I more meant how could he not know it when every verbal acknowledgement of the title says Illinois in full

>Squidbillies for Georgia

B-but we have Class of 3000

>trying to imply someone who has lived in a cuiy for 10 years doesn't know what their city is like
>implying the culture of the Seattle is completely different just because Google and Amazon are here now (which is why the huge influx of people happened)

Why the fuck do you feel the need to tell someone on the internet that they don't understand what their city is actually like? I wouldn't try to explain to you that you don't understand the culture or history of your city or town just because some cartoon from the 90s portrayed it differently.

Those are some of the most subtle and obscure references to Washington that I've ever seen in any show. Literally everything else about the show other than a handful of easter eggs place it in NYC. Everything about it culturally about it is NYC. Everything about the way people act is NYC or at the very least very East Coast.

A bunch of Georgianons already had that argument last thread

This is strictly for cartoons? Huh, I assumed strip comics would make it since Garfield and Boondocks are there.