Americans should not be allowed on imdb

americans should not be allowed on imdb

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zoKG9WDa0xU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the American version is the definitive version, though.

The American Office is WAY better. Better characters, better feels, better laughs, etc

They're being very generous to the inferior British version of the show.

reddit

>Americans
>not allowed on an American website

absolutely disgusting

I see no problem with that

The British version is legitimately one of the best shows ever made. I despise Ricky Gervais but he was unbelievably good on on that show. The American version was pretty good in the beginning, but the last couple season became way too zany and over the top

British version is more depressing and pessimistic, which makes it more realistic for those that really hate office enviroments. It doesn't captivate a good feel, rather the "realistic" one

American is also good but it's a shame it's been dragged out for too long

>enjoying the comedy of Ricky Gervais

brits absolutely BTFO

steve carrel is a million times funnier than le atheist man

le funn faec le shoutingman

>American humor
>actual jokes and ridiculous situations
>British '''''humor'''''
>cringy bullshit that drags on for way too long

british """"""""humor""""""""

le awkward, im so bad with women man

which is like 99% of all britfag comedy. pessimistic, defeatist nerds

>american humour
>steven caramel screaming into the camera

Brittish version is clever satire and cringe kino, men will undoubtidly enjoy more.

The US Version has some cringe humor but takes on some sitcom tropes and focuses a lot more on character drama. Women will enjoy it more.

>british humor
>Ricky Gervais mumbling to himself and twiddling his thumbs like your average beta britbong for 30 minutes

british people have the worst sense of humor

le epic ministry of silly walks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
le epic monty python!!

kys yourself

99% of american comedy is retards existing and making funny sounds

>Ricky is funny
>any version of the office is watchable

>brit humor
>ricky gervais plays a sympathetic loser

but we invented movies

>We are the knights who say NI
>SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
Yeah, that's us alright.

I only watch intellectual humour.

true, neither should have a score above 7.2

Agreed.
Circled for the Americans.

The Office UK is an 8.5
The Office US is a 7 at best

*blows raspberry*
fuck off britbong

that was fucking epic my good sir, take my upvote

Honestly, that's Steve. Ricky wasn't really sympathetic or likable. Anyway on an episode by episode basis the bong version was better, however as something to go on for many seasons and remain watchable, the burger one wins

OH NO NO NO *breathes in* ahauhau AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Do you ever try to form your own opinions or just base it around Sup Forums shitposting?

the British Office is Ricky Gervais' cringeworthy vanity piece. It was a good concept, but he just used it to promote himself as le wacky funny guy. And the only reason anyone thinks it's "good" is because Ricky Gervais told you that it was good. The US Office was a more well-rounded sitcom overall

The US version had 4 or 5 full seasons of good material before it went to shit. The UK version had 2 short seasons and then made something far worse than the US version ever had.

Does ANYONE really think this show is a 9.3?!!

It's been hit and miss since Season 2 lad

>the only reason anybody thought it was good is because Gervais told you it was good
I thought it was good because it made me laugh desu

that is not worse than 1,000 minutes of ed helms doing nothing other than varying in likeability with wacky focus grouped sub plots

you only laughed because you thought you were supposed to. You wouldn't have found it funny if you just saw it with no expectation

whats your favorite scene that made you bust a gut?

Both are good imo. The ratings seem good to me

Eh I didn't really have any expectations as the US Office was a letdown for me. Ricky's manerisms were very amusing to me personally. Some of Gareth and Ricky's dialogue pieces were hysterical. Martin Freeman's parts were never funny but he was an okay character. I like the type of humor.

Idk the one where Ricky's prepping for the quiz and researches Dostoevsky's wikipedia page to try and sound smart but gets BTFO by some background character.

When you spend hundreds of times the production budget the original series got, it would be pretty fucking tragic if you couldn't produce something that - at the very minimum - could be considered at least superficially superior. After all, all the creative heavy lifting was done for you, all you need to do is keep plugging concepts into the formula.

The british office is genuinely bad

This. They are completely different shows. Like, MAYBE the first season of the American version stayed fairly close to the original concept, but after that it really became its own thing. And for about four-and-a-half seasons, it was pretty damned good at what it did. Unfortunately it ran for nine.

One of the things the original has going for it is that it only had two seasons (and with U.K. season runs being so short, that's the equivalent of only half-a-season in U.S. terms). Like Police Squad or Fawlty Towers, we'll never know how long it could have been sustained at a high level. For example, contrast Futurama pre-cancellation versus post-revival. Sometimes, short is better.

>I despise Ricky Gervais but he was unbelievably good on on that show.
Also this.

>the last couple season became way too zany and over the top
It was all downhill after the wedding, really.

the office is a terrible show. it's like bazzinga man except not so Facebook meme bait tier because Facebook hadn't really caught on by that time.

As an objective person, British humour is silly, naive and childish, while American humour is disgusting and often fall for the "lol I'm only pretending to be retarded" meme

Both have good and bad examples but if I had to pick only one I'd go with the Brits

Peep Show's better than both anyway.

Personally I just hate the characterization of Jim in the American Office. Wonder how many men he inspired to be beta hovering inoffensive losers.

youtube.com/watch?v=zoKG9WDa0xU

>hehe just stick around forever close to her and make jokes and you will end up with her, it's destined bro, never ever give up, your entire life should revolve around this one woman who is engaged to someone else :)

it's going to be the norm pretty soon