WB betrayed Zack's vision. A grounded Superman that is actually human...

WB betrayed Zack's vision. A grounded Superman that is actually human. With weaknesses and strengths above kryptonite and flying. Now he's generic quiplord #4752. This is such a betrayal. The final part of a trilogy that is a polar opposite of the themes the two previous films were building up to. There is so much unwanted and unfunny humor. So little of grand moments of geniune heroism. The overly optimistic tone of being a hero while being human now replaced with robots smiling and quipping as they engage in predictable action. There is no hope for this genre.

>wahhh I want this DC iconic paragon to be an edgy, depressed, Marvel character

What? Who said that?

I wish they let Snyder just do his thing, it's clear as day critics prefer Marvel. Winning them over is a waste of time at this point for DC. Shame they forced this quippy faggotry instead of his usual stuff. It wasn't like his movies were unprofitable or clear failures. Seeing JL felt like a complete mess. I loved seeing different takes on capeshit and Snyder delivered on that. Instead of Sesame Street tier storylines and black/white morality with Marvel, you see complex characters and have no idea where the ride takes you with Snyder. I hope the Snyder cut is real and released, the current cut is utter dogshit and has the worst pacing of any capeshit movie by far. You get a good scene with depth, then you get a time skip with quips and gay shit the next. It was really hard to watch and stay interested.

He smiled plenty of times in MoS
He didn't really in BvS because it was meant to be the 'dark middle chapter'

Snyders Superman trilogy was always going to end on a classic and hopeful note which is why the ending shot (Reeves era clothes, shirt ripped open, flying off) was all Snyder

I hate WB for not letting Snyder finish. They could totally sold this movie as the end of a trilogy and explained how the darkness of BvS was always going to lift, just like how Lois's monologue explains

They could be more light-hearted and crowd please without letting Joss fucking Whedon loose

>you see complex characters and have no idea where the ride takes you with Snyder.
This is what I like about his films. He intentionally diverts from formula to give the audience something new. With Snyder, it was impossible to know if the apocalyptic future in Bruce's dreams were actually foreshadowing events or not. You know that in this story, there is very much a possibility for anything to happen. There's actually a reason to be engaged in the story because you don't know where the road takes you.

In JL I was bored out of my mind 30 minutes in. Whedon is predictable and shallow garbage. Even on a pure visual level, he completely fails to convey the grandeur of heroism.

>They could be more light-hearted and crowd please without letting Joss fucking Whedon loose
Except no they couldn't because another one of Snyder's box office poison DC movies would've killed this franchise dead. You've seen the effect BvS had on JL, now imagine that taken to eleven.

>Except no they couldn't because another one of Snyder's box office poison DC movies would've killed this franchise dead

Because Whedons movie seems to be doing much better right??
DC lost their USP, if people want to watch a Marvel movie they will watch Marvel

snyder's movies really aren't that complex. he's probably more hamfisted than nathaniel hawthorne

>box office poison
They wish they had the bucks Snyder made for them with 300, Man of Steel and BvS

>b-but 2b needed to break even
BvS made like a 100m in profit. A good deal for any studio. JL will make less because nobody wants to see DC aping Marvel. Both MoS and BvS had an intentional marketing of being unique films that were doing their own thing. That's why audiences came out for those films. JL failing is all on WB and Whedon.

>actually human

Watched Justice League. Ok not great. Saw Thor: Ragnorok and was surprisingly entertained-laughed a lot. D.C's got some explaing to do I thought. Why couldn't they make a better movie by not taking a path all ready WELL traveled by Marvel. Hopefully, they'll make their numbers during the Thanksgiving holiday weekend-likely not-we're talking hundreds of millions lost. I'd have ran the script by 4 people: Alan Moore, Gail Simone, Eddie Brubaker & Brian Michael Bendis-no knock on Joss Weedon (exceptional writer & great director), but you and Goeff Johns didn't stick the landing. AM, GS, EB & BMB are four of the greatest comic book writers of our era and would have contributed to crafting a masterpiece. But, what do I know I'm just a fan. Lastly, I think DC over corrected too much from a polly anna universe to a darker universe in print & film to compete with Marvel in the 90's and thus haven't been able to find its way to audience's sense of light & wonder, which Marvel still accomplishes (just barely somehow-reference Thor) because you know it's still fantasy with them. DC has forever been playing catch up to blockbuster movie territory clearly claimed by Marvel and with the fortunes that could be won or lost, you can't miss on the flagship movie. But, alas they did. Solid effort, but this should've been a moonshot. They went safe and fell woefully short, just like a bases loaded game winning homer snagged by a centerfielder's glove as he climbs the wall and brings it back into the park snuffing out the rally and delivering that sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach as a fan.

>the current cut is utter dogshit and has the worst pacing of any capeshit movie by far.
Yup. At least Suicide Squad was sexy and kinda edgy even after WB tried making it a Marvel flick.

OH NO NO NO NONONO

>Snyder is blameless in the garbage fire that is DCEU

Did they use faceapp to hide the stache

They should just hire a bunch of new directors.

Snyder treated Superman like some mean old Greek god which I kinda like in theory but it wasn't as entertaining.

You dumb cunt. The let your talentless boyfriend direct two Superman movies and only a few retards, pajeets and beaners liked them.

Dumb contrarian ad hominem phoneposter.

Reminder

Makes sense.

Cameron's best movies came out long before Snyder was active.

Reminder this Sunday on National Geographic (or was it SCI) James Cameron revisits the Titanic for the first time since his movie 20 years ago.

It's gonna be dope.

BASED JIM!

Our father, who art in Hollywood, hallowed be thy kino

Why wasnt the entire DC universe dont in the aesthetic of Batman: TAS? Some modern tech, noi vehicles and attire. Max comfy. The whole JL can work in that world.

GOOD FUCKING GOD

>while being human
well, he is actually an alien though

Have any real directors praised the dipshits behind Avengers or Civil War?

Cameron and Snyder collab when?

The failed Heavy Metal movie from a few years back Fincher was involved with too. We're living in the wrong timeline

people behind those movies are nobody execs back at Disney. directors are just a placeholder who use the films as a rotten tomato proven track record

The Russos can be alright but the reshoots really fucked Civil War over.

I honestly think the critics would have liked Snyder's complete movie over the current dogshit in theaters right now. It was so obvious which scenes were snyders. They were exhilarating, moody, slow burning, and downright some of the most gorgeous visuals ever seen.

Whdons quip fests were basically video game tier character interactions between missions, except shittier.

Once again, WB fucked up royally

That's two threads now where Snyder pajeets call Superman a robot for not being a depressing sack of shit. Snyders version isn't human. He doesn't relate to people, he doesn't connect with them. He only saves people because his father STOP INVINCIBLE SON'd, not because he wants to.