*BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP*

*BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP*

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/muPJc0JOfXI
youtube.com/watch?v=muPJc0JOfXI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aniconism_in_Islam
islam.hilmi.eu/the-structure-of-authority-in-islam/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

KYLE: That's because there is no goo, Mr. Cruise. You see, I learned something today. Throughout this whole ordeal, we've all wanted to show things that we weren't allowed to show, but it wasn't because of some magic goo. It was because of the magical power of threatening people with violence. That's obviously the only true power. If there's anything we've all learned, it's that terrorizing people works.

JESUS: That's right. Don't you see, gingers, if you don't want to be made fun of anymore, all you need are guns and bombs to get people to stop.

SANTA: That's right, friends. All you need to do is instill fear and be willing to hurt people and you can get whatever you want. The only true power is violence.

Thank you Sup Forums for leaking the uncensored episode

With the censorship it actually manages to be both a funnier joke and make their point more effectively.

>implying the censorship wasn't the joke all along

I hope that one day the uncensored version of this scene comes out. When it first aired I thought it was a joke until I saw it on dvd.

Now we just need to find out what Matt and Tray were saying in the commentary when it got bleeped. Unless that's a joke in of itself

>The day CC/Viacom gave into terrorist demands

Truly it was a dark day for all...

Here

youtu.be/muPJc0JOfXI

It did
youtube.com/watch?v=muPJc0JOfXI

I have been told before about this, but I still don't get it. Islam wasn't invested by Muhammad, and he isn't their leader. He was just a man, with the only position or title or status being the last prophet of Allah. Yet only he, this prophet, is revered to a state of reverence. Jesus, Moses, Abraham, every major holy figure in Judaism and Christianity is a prophet of Allah. Yet Muslims that get pissy about showing Muhammad's face, to depict him, don't get upset about these other characters being depicted, either positively or negatively.

tell that to isis

You don't tell cancer anything, you cut it out

I'm usually not a tinfoilfag, but there's a part of me that will always believe that M&T were in on the censoring it because

Tribal bullshit. That's usually the reason for most of Islam's retardation.

Originally, the whole point of not showing his face WAS to keep people from worshiping him. The point was that he wasn't anybody special, just the messenger of Allah, and having depictions of him would make people start worshiping him, like the whole "no graven images" thought line was supposed to be about

It's an interpretation by some Muslim diehards of some passage saying you aren't allowed to depict sentient beings.

Like with the Bible, most followers haven't actually read their holy books and just regurgitate what other people told them, and place ridiculous significance on certain things while ignoring others.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aniconism_in_Islam

It's a bunch of bullshit that basically no one cares about in the modern day, but the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Also these people live in a shitty wartorn desert and have nothing to do all day except get pissed off about this crap, so to them it seems like literally the only thing that matters. Imagine if SJWs didn't have Tumblr shitposting and schlicking to occupy their time.

I mean, they aren't wrong. It does seem like it drives their point home more and make for a funny joke. But then you have the fact that there is actual dialog under the bleep, which makes me wonder why they would even write that out if they planned on having the censor bleep?

Like the islamic veil itself. There is nothing in the Quran that says that women have to wear it, and for centuries women did not in fact have to wear it. It wasn't until the 20th century that it became a thing in muslim countries to force all women to wear a veil or a burqa.

I really thought this was part of the joke as it fit the message so well. Life imitates comedy

It's possible it was a last minute decision, or part of an intricate plan that would have the dialogue "leaked" because some people were too stupid to get the point with just the bleeps.

Well that failed utterly. When people kill in his name, react to him being depicted or talked about so intensely, and when they quote him to justify evil acts like murder, rape and genocide, then Muhammad is being worshiped.

Anyone who takes a figure, alive, dead or other, and commits action that separate themselves from the basic social norms such as killing or having a live style based around them is by definition worshiping them. Even the American Founding Fathers are worshiped to a degree, to give an example.

When it's just that sentient being, people get a feeling this being is very important in the religion, to a degree he's the leader. Something has to change.

>Well that failed utterly. When people kill in his name, react to him being depicted or talked about so intensely, and when they quote him to justify evil acts like murder, rape and genocide, then Muhammad is being worshiped.
Yeah dude you're preaching to the choir, Islam is easy to pervert to a bunch of illiterate dudes just like with any other religion.

>but islam promotes war and pedophilia

Yeah and in Christianity you can beat your own children and slaves and it's okay if they bleed as long as they don't die from it, ancient religions are fucked up.

Key word, ancient religions. When the Pope calls for a crusade against Jews in Israel or Atheists in Russian then there will be no comparison.

The really sad thing is that a lot of today's shitholes in the Middle East were objectively better off 100 years ago.

Thanks WW1

You don't have to go that far back.
That shit is depressing.

Thanks USA

Man are you seriously comparing the ISIS Caliph who is now currently in hiding because he's being hunted down by muslim Iraqis to the Pope.

Islam doesn't even have a 'pope'. Please familiarize yourself with the structure of religious authority in Islam which you'll find is a lot looser than Christianity, or rather Catholicism:

islam.hilmi.eu/the-structure-of-authority-in-islam/

Between older tradition where religious authorities exist to newer trains of thought by monarchies that claim there is no authority in order to use the religion to their own ends, you'll find that a clean comparison to the papacy is difficult to make.

Personally I have been raised around Muslims who say you need to read the Quran for yourself and only use the words of clerics and hadiths as a matter of guidance. But that's upper-middle class Egyptians for you.

Iran is at least slowly getting better.

USA and Russia: bringing you liberty, freedom, and protection from that OTHER world superpower by suppressing your secular movement and funding religious fundamentalists. Be grateful!

I am saying Christianity now is nothing the way Christianity was in ancient times. Islam now is just as barbaric as Christianity was back then. You can compare the two religions, with Christianity being more tolerant and modern than Islam. If the Pope condoning violence, then Christians will naturally become more violent because of religious observance. As such, Christianity would then become more violent. In the real world, that is the case for Islam, even if there is no Pope figure. Or can I be a practicing Jew or atheist in Muslim counties like Iran and Yemen without fear of death?

What's stopping a man from wearing this to become unnoticed?

>I am saying Christianity now is nothing the way Christianity was in ancient times.
Depends on where you are.

>Islam now is just as barbaric as Christianity was back then.
Depends on where you are.

Are you copy-pasting this from Sup Forums? Why do you fail to understand that religion is not a monolithic entity even when directly shown how disjointed religious authority and interpretation is?

t. Bong trying to erase the memories of who drew those borders in the first place

When members of the Muslim Brotherhood's leadership was escaping Egypt, one of them did in fact try to use that to escape unnoticed.

They saw his beard during a traffic check.

>Look at what you made me do!
I still blame the people in those countries more

He can't do the bedroom eyes right.
More seriously stature and voice.

But that's sort of the reason burqas are forbidden in some places: you're not allowed to just go around everywhere with a mask.

That's what he gets for not shaving. It's the first thing a bearded man must do when he wants to run away.

>South Park

I forget 16 year olds use Sup Forums.

There are Islamic prechers that condemn any form of violence, but without a central authority they have no more legitimacy than that other guy who preaches jihad.

Maybe I could have been more clear, but first and third world counties that practice Christianity largely don't have the problems the majority of third world Islamic counties have. The point being muddled by me is majority, and the reason why my point is based on majority is because there IS a problem. Trying to get across what that problem is is difficult.

Simply put, I want Jihad to stop being a thing, women to wear , gays to not be thrown off of buildings or harassed and to have Muhammad a topic allowed to be depicted and talked about JUST like Jesus, Moses, Adam, ect. Basically modernize Islam and make it more appealing to everyone else not a Muslim

So no one cares who women are until they take off the mask?

What if you didn't control their idnetities? Would you die?

It's more the fact that they pushed down and suppressed secular movements. Russia for example is partly responsible for what's happening in Syria at the moment because they crashed down on the secular rebellion in order to allow the religious rebellion- the one that is easier to propagandize against- to flourish, thus more easily giving Al-Assad an enemy to look better against. It's a lot easier to justify helping a man fight religious rebels than secular rebels.

The Arab world for the past hundred years has really been nothing but a chess board for foreign superpowers.

>Maybe I could have been more clear, but first and third world counties that practice Christianity largely don't have the problems the majority of third world Islamic counties have.
Yes, but you are misidentifying what those problems actually are. They are political in nature. The manifestation of the religion is nothing but an extension of the politics of a particular set of borders.

As another example, I could say Christianity is evil because it allows Russians to suppress homosexuals, ignore crimes and acts of violence done against them, and etc. But the reality is, that is just an extension of Putin promoting a religious traditionalist base that keeps him in power.

Islam like any other religion inevitably modernizes when the forces that do so are not actively suppressed. Unfortunately, both America and Russia are making that extremely difficult.

It would be extremely painful.

yeah i remember when i watched this episode as it aired and laughing like crazy when the whole damn speech got censored. i didn't know if it was intentional or not, but stan's little "yeah" at the end of it really tied it up beautifully.

C4

South Park is probably older than you.

That just boils it down doesn't it? Who gets the blame? The foreign powers interfering with these cultures, or the people in those cultures? My argument is the people in those cultures. When a majority practices something, then they represent a higher idea like Islam. That's why American are called imperialist. I'm not imperialist, but the majority of citizens enjoy and support American dominance and status, so Americans are therefore imperialist. Russia is called an authoritarian state, but the average Russian just wants to live out their lifes. But they are a part of a system bigger than they are.

Same is true for brown people. All those Middle Easterns are part of a system bigger than they are. That system is seen as intolerant, stuck in the past, and causes more harm than good. The last part can be applied to almost everyone else. Unless the majority of people change, the status of their higher ideal, Islam, will not be viewed differently.

well didnt that backfire spectacularly

>Even the American Founding Fathers are worshiped to a degree, to give an example.
Basically the premise of The Purge.

The middle East is a shit show because oil. Everyone wants it. A broken country is easier to rape and pillage than a confident country.

That's all it is. A bunch of assholes broke the land and they will continue to do so until every drop is used up. Only then will the middle East return to a notion of normal.

If that made sense then we'd be attacking Venezuela, but all we're doing is ignoring it.

Also, isn't there an oil surplus? Isn't that why it's so hard to get people to give a shit about climate change?

What was the name of that french animated movie about the Iranian girl growing up and listening to rock and roll music and all that stuff? I remember it touching on how they used to not enforce the burqa thing but then they just started pulling it out of their ass.

>Isn't that why it's so hard to get people to give a shit about climate change?
I always thought it was hard because how much we can control climate change is hard to quantify, and because third world countries keep belching out emissions, meaning the green stuff we do in the western world doesn't really offset anything?

This. I fucking hate people that quote that interview with Matt and Trey saying it wasn't some big meta-humor stunt. It obviously was. Standards and Practices isn't that clever.

Even if censoring it wasn't their intent, Matt and Trey obviously chose to oblige S&P on their own terms.

it happened. in the last times of ottoman empire, burka became a fashion. all women weraed that to lokk more muslim hurr durr. also terrorist organizations used that too. so padisah illegalized it. after the republic it began to used again. (sfmbe)

well why didnt that faggot shaved?

>meaning the green stuff we do in the western world doesn't really offset anything?
That's like saying that quitting cigarettes doesn't help you because the people you live with still smoke.

The issue is more that what we've set into motion is going to keep happening regardless, and it's a long-term thing that won't see immediate, apocalyptic results right off the bat, but we can at least try to stop making it worse.

It's a slow burn, that's the problem, because people tend to think short term. To go back to my previous metaphor, it's like the smoker who says "so what if I get lung cancer, who wants to be 80 anyway?"

The real dangerous stuff is mercury dumping and all the toxic chemical shit that places get away with. Carbon control is a meme to detract from real planet taping.

>Standards and Practices isn't that clever.
It (allegedly) was Comedy Central/Viacom, not the Knigths.

Persepolis.

Honestly dude, not even memeing you, but the extent to which foreign powers - specially the US - are able to manipulate weaker societies is absurd, and they'll probably be supported by local powers as well, and these two spheres of inluence can shape the people as they want.

I say this because I've lived in 4 countries across latin americas (actually, on a tri-frontier area in brazil / argentina / paraguay and Mexico) and I've seen similar situations many times.

>attacking Venezuela

I don't know what's the situation there, but given the Brazil, Paraguay and Honduras soft coups, you probably are. The US doesn't really need to use guns in South America most of the time, your disgusting claws stretch far enough for your money to do the job.