This is Slott's last year on the title

This is Slott's last year on the title

Man, these covers are so good they almost make me want to buy the book sometimes.

Source?

I wish that I could believe you OP, I really do.

"Get a load of this guy"

if spectacular outsells it maybe

Time Travel from the future here. OP is full of BS. In the year 2057 Slott is still the current writer.

nigga people have been saying that since ASM #700,Slott would have to die first and I'm half certain marvel would publish his unpublished scripts

Level of suckiness has no impact on Slott's place on the title

Slott will upload his consciousness into a computer so he can be the only person who writes ASM forever.

Didn't Slott say he was going to stay on Spider-Man until he had the longest run out of all the other writers?

He already does, he's closing in on 200+ issues of Spider-Man (Amazing and Superior)

He accomplished that a long time ago.

DESU with everything said and done, Slott is probably the best Spider-Man writer behind Stern, but he should learn to bow out, even Claremont eventually turned into X-Men poison, Kirby's last couple of FF issues are underwhelming, and the last 3 years of PAD Hulk flat out sucked.

I thought he was counting Bendis's time on USM as well.

I think Marvel is pissed that Spider-Man sales have slipped so much that it's no longer keeping pace with Batman.

I have this whole theory about Clone Conspiracy being Slott's last chance and a test to see how much impact his name actually has on sales, but it's mostly conjecture so I'm not going to explain it.

But the desperate way Slott has acted on Twitter about CC suggests to me that his position on the book may be in jeopardy depending on the sales of the event.

Who would replace him?

>Believing Slott is good still
Did you read his epic Clone Conspiracy, the story that took him five years to perfect?

>Slott is probably the best Spider-Man writer behind Stern
Dan pls

How many issues of Ultimate Spider-Man were there? I know that Peter lasted a good 200+ issues

Kelly, Conway, Thompson, I'd be happy with these three rotating

I think he's counting time spent on the title, not issue numbers. And Bendis has like an 8 year lead on him.

I could see that though I think the issue is that Slott's ASM is still one of Marvel's highest superhero sellers (even if it is trailing behind Batman). Maybe that's why they're trying to see if Zdarsky on a second title sells or not.

It was pretty lame, but I've certainly read worse. And really, it couldn't be bad enough to taint all the stuff I actually like. That'd be like throwing the whole Claremont under the bus for X-men Inferno.

Zdarsky isn't much better than Slott.

In fact, the best of Slott is miles and miles better than the best of Zdarsky.

That's my theory. Marvel hasn't been able to kick Slott off because sales had gone up since Slott started (though we know this has nothing to do with Slott, dumb executives don't know that). So he has leverage to stay on as long as he wants.

Now that sales are slipping, I think they want to call his bluff and see if it's really his name selling the comic or if it would sell the same either way, which is why Clone Conspiracy had its own separate title from Amazing. Slott was very vocal on Twitter to comic shop owners that CC would be the "main" Spidey book during the event and that Amazing would be the tie-in.

Vol 1 ended on #160 (and Peter with it). USM vol 2 with Miles ran for 28 more issues, plus three Cataclysm tie-ins, plus 13 Miles Morales: USM issues.
Depending on how you count (same character, same universe, different characters, etc.) Bendis' run ended at 160 issues, 203 issues, or it's still going at 200+. Only the last stretch-y one would compete with Slott's length.

204 issues*

This man has two ASM #1s to his name.

God its so close, I really hope we get someone else on ASM soon, Slott has written plenty of things that I liked, but damnit I'm ready for change.

Yeah, but I'd say the worst of Zdarsky is better than the worst of Slott.

Bitch please. You always say that. And yet it's been ten years and Slott is still on ASM. Slott ain't going nowhere. Just move on already.

even if Slott leaves, who would replace him?

Bendis would just kill Peter off to push his shitty OC

And if it's not Bendis it would just be some other shitty writer like Gage. Especially since most of Marvel's best talent are gone.

I've been thinking the same thing about Bendis and CW2. How many upcoming titles is he going to be on? He's lost X-Men and GotG so is it just his to OCs and Doom now? If they are cutting him out this way, that means there's precedent for it to happen to Slott as well.

What's the over/under on the amount of clones + goblins + octopus arms in his final storyline? 2000 I'd say.

Boringest writer ever.

I liked Superior, tho.

>"SUPERIORER OCTOGALAXY" ends here!
>Otto Octavius has fulfilled his plan of cloning every user of the F.A.C.A.D.E. armor!
>Only Spider-Man stands in the way of Ock's brilliant multiverse conquest plan.
>But can he afford to let Aunt May unprotected against Clash II... aka... Ben Reilly Jr?!"

But Inferno was a damage control

Claremont and Weezy managed to do something decent with that shitty status quo