Why does Jack continuously try to help everyone and everything out when time and time again...

Why does Jack continuously try to help everyone and everything out when time and time again, it has screwed him out of his chance to get back to the past. He does realize if he does go back in time and defeat Aku at that moment, almost everything will be rendered completely null and void due to such a radical change in events? He could've gone back!

>Implying past-Aku wouldn't just twore open another portal the second Jack gets back

what even is the point of this thread user?

Because he's a nice dude. Even if he's just gonna reset history, he has to live with the fact that he allowed people to die a horribly painful death. Hell, reseting time means they might never be born.

comic and cartoon discussion

Plot holes and why Jack doesn't understand time travel

Pointing out a pretty big plot hole in the show.

because aku already won

when jack finally goes back to the past the only think that is going to happen is that he will create a happy timeline where aki was defeated

but all the people form the timeline where aku won will still exist, so jack has to first defeat future aku and save the future so then he can go back to the past and defeat past aku

Because he's not sure if going back in time would reset the timeline, or just send him into a different timeline where he never got sent to the future

Because he doesn't have to.

Seriously. How many time travel methods did he find over the course of four seasons? It has to be in the double digits. There's no rush to get back because there's no shortage of warps. Jack can afford to take his time, for all the overwrought NOOOOOOOs he throws around when he misses a chance.

When he gets back to the past will he play the shitty games that suck ass?

One I doubt jack is capable of ignoring someone in need or suffering,I guess that comes with the whole pure of heart thing.Its not smart but that's part of his character,it's far from a plot hole and more of a character flaw,Jack is too noble for his own good and gets screwed for it

but he's been gone 50 years and still hasn't gotten back. he's either really shitty at his job or it's not so easy to get back to the past

Because he is so heroic he can't allow anyone to die if there's a possibility that he can help them. That's really it. He's just the most heroic guy you will see in that world.

Also we assume that going back is creating a different timeline.

He's only getting stronger, while past Aku is by definition remaining the same. Just think, if he went back right away he'd have never learned how to jump good, or pilot a mech, or fight in space, or throw a Scotsman!

It is Jack's sense of honor.

>show me your OTHER honor.

It's not a plot hole. It's the kind of person Jack is.

To contrast, Aku will fuck people over for no reason, even if it's a bad idea.

He's just leveling up his skills. When he's gud enough there will be no need to go back to the past, as he will just defeat Aku in the future ez pz.

THIS WAS A FUNNY JOKE I ROLFED AT IT

Because those people are hurting, and their pain is real. Just because Jack got thrown into the future doesn't mean that the suffering his people endured stopped existing just because Jack is going to change it. The people he loved burned and went through unimaginable pain.

Because it's the right thing to do and he doesn't know anything about temporal mechanics. Frankly neither do you. For all we know this timeline will remain split from Jack's new timeline should he succeed.

He's the type of person who does the right thing for the right reasons, not because its logical.

>Once in a monastery two monks walked about doing their morning duties. As they passed a small bowl, filled with rain, they saw a scorpion was drowning in the water. One monk reached in to save the creature. As soon as his fingers touched the panicking Scorpion, it stung him and the monk dropped the Scorpion back into the water. The monk sighed, and reached back in. This time he got his grip a little firmer, but still dropped the Scorpion when he was stung. He kept reaching in, as his friend looked on in confusion. After dozens of attempts, the other monk spoke up saying “Brother, why do you keep trying to save that scorpion? It stings you every time you come near it. The monk paused before reaching in again and smiled. As another sting bit into his hand, he took a fallen leaf from the ground and pulled the scorpion out to safety. He finally said: “Because it is his nature to sting, and my nature to save. Don’t forget brother, soon either I’ll stop feeling the pain of the sting and he will be saved, or he will stop being afraid and be saved.’ Compassion cannot be stopped so easily.’

Jack saves people because it's in his nature to save people. Aku is evil because it's in his nature to be evil.

>finally gets back
>AKU, I HAVE RETURNED
>But Samurai, what will you do about that portal behind you?
>gets sucked back into he future

>but all the people form the timeline where aku won will still exist

Will it? We don't know how time travel works for real so it has just as much of a chance at being erased than remaining.