Blade Runner 2049: Negative Review

Thoughts?
youtube.com/watch?v=jCN9Akc9zbc

His main reason for not liking it is because it didn't use any source material from the book and said he found the film generic although I thought what they did with Gosling's character and his romance with the hologram was terrific. Only problem is them deciding to end it with him being 100% a replicant.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fegZRA8wIa4
youtube.com/watch?v=BPMfCJpfhdo
youtu.be/6iqmIoHL74Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What is Rob's haircut called?

>muh source material

Into the fucking trash.

the middle aged bong

The Movie Over-Analyzer

the dad

It did take cues from the book and dicks whole bibliography. Fucking psueds

The Boomer.

What on Earth compels a man to actually sit down and talk in front of a webcam and put it on YouTube?

taking too much drugs in the '60's

I don't give a fuck about the book.

The original blade runner hardly used any source material either in fact Ridley didn't even read it

>His main reason for not liking it is because it didn't use any source material from the book
Yes, what the movie needed was lead codpieces and mood organs.
The original is already a loose adaptation of the book, i think it's silly to criticize the sequel for not being like the book when it's a sequel to a movie that wasn't very much like the book.

Who is this and why is his opinion more significant than anyone elses?

Not just old fucks. Shit like this also:

youtu.be/fegZRA8wIa4

Just the whole "YouTuber lifestyle", I guess. It's so inane.

It's what YouTube was made for

A huge ego.

Shame. Ager usually offers decent insight but this looks like a misfire.

Philip K Dick is a horrible overrated writer. I'm not saying his books are bad but acting like they can't be improved at all or derivative media created can't be as good or even better than his works is ridiculous. Anyone who has ever read his books will ultimately come to the conclusion that the dude can't write a conclusion to save his life and the subject matter always is roughly the same.

horribly*******

Lol his endings are usually like. Protagonists leaves stage left

Fuck he is right about everything

cmon Rob stop this is embarassing

Not him. I just really get what he means about the plot going to shit. How did all those replicants have the resources to discover they weren't special?

pls Rob that's enough

tbqh Rob Ager is a cucked Boomer/old gen Xer who has Nazis dominating his mind despite never being alive to see one

its a shame because he did really good stuff on The Thing and a few other films

His stuff on The Thing was why I started watching him in the first place. I also liked his video on The Terminator even though I disagreed with him on some things. But then I started seeing a bunch of videos in his uploads about how Saving Private Ryan glorifies war too much and... ehhhhh.

Fucking scouser.

Saving private Ryan is boomer shit

Where has he referenced nazis outside of 2001 and aco?

>"DUDE. WHY DOES A MOVIE HAVE TO HAVE SUCH PERFECT CINEMATOGRAPHY? THE REAL WORLD DOESN'T LOOK LIKE THIS"
youtube.com/watch?v=BPMfCJpfhdo

I liked some of his points but what he said about "OCD Cinematography" is wrong because what makes a film look like a film is due to how rich the cinematography looks, reminding you that you have paid money to watch something professional. Why would you pay to watch something that looks like a cheap youtube video?

The middle aged man who hates anything modern cut

The Theatrical Cut

He's a faggot

Listen to him only when he spergs about The Thing.
For the rest, he is useless.

His "why millennial movies suck" video is right on. Only reviewer aside from Armond who seems to be as negative and cynical about movies as I am

I guess it's therapeutic in a way. It's like asking what compels us to write down our opinions and post them on a message board

>Saving Private Ryan glorifies war too much

This guy reads my mind it's fucking nuts

His opinions was good in that one.

Other then that he is a pompous faggot

Psuedo-intellectual, thin skinned, talentless, devoid of sense of humour or interesting character, worthless opinion and looks like a pathetic over grown child.

Can't decide for yourself if you agree with him so you need to decide based on his credibility?

Rob:
>This is why Blade Runner sucks
Sup Forums:
>Rob is a cuck

I haven't even watched the movie or the video but this site is so apathetic to arguing it's actually pathetic.

rob ager is a lunatic, he wants to kidnap john carpenter. somebody has to stop him

Kek'd audibly, thank you user

That is quality

what happened to his race realism videos?

lol this movie was so bad and I share most of his sentiments. The last 25 minutes were mind numbing and the ending had zero payoff. I bet Ford didn't even watch this after it came out. It started off so well then just took a nose dive.

The makes underage 2049 spics upset

why are you on a board for half film and don't know who this autist is? fucking Sup Forumsedditors at it again!

I don't really follow Rob Ager. Does he like any modern movie? I only ever hear him complain about modern movies and autistically analyze old movies.

PKD wasn't the best writer but his ideas were interesting. At least that's why I like him.

>MUH SOURCE MATERIAL
He should end himself

It's like a diary, something for autistic shut ins to do. A lot of these big youtubers actually started off really small just doing it as a personal thing for themselves and their idea because they were anti social

>Why would someone sit in front of a webcam and put it on youtube
>Why would someone script a fictional story and film it
>Why would someone post on a chinese watercraft forum
>Why would anyone do anything at all

With those digits you must be rob

>Boomer
He's not even a fucking pensioner yet when will autistic whiny kids stop thinking everyone above the age of 30 is a boomer

t. Soyboy

Why are Blade Runner 2049 such children? Does it come from their days of being Nolan fans?

>Sup Forums:
you mean Sup Forums and reddit colonists

>it was sterile and dull unlike ridley scott's cluttered world
>Criticises the lighting
That was the fucking point it was intentional you fuckwit rob

>thinking any of those are comparable
Nice strawman, faggot.

>We're remaking a gritty, grainy, dark neo-noir as a clean, digital, bright neo-noir
>People liked A so we did B
BRAVO

I asked you a few questions, and you have no answers?

People have ideas but not the means, so they make analysis and critique. Its simple. Why would someone be a dick on the internet about another man's opinion?

>Clean
"No!"

Also dont forget the garbage dump scene

He looks like a typical aged soyboy lmao.

>Blade Runnerlets STILL haven't gone back to Sup Forums, reddit, and Sup Forums
The movie is out of theaters. Just like when Breaking Bad S5 ended, it's time for you plebs to stop praising this mediocre pretend art.

those miniatures are great.
Where's the film grain?
Why does everything have an ambient backlight?

the well domesticated established, employed, semi-successful white male

>Film grain
It was shot on digital because of low light filming, deakins explains it on his blog

It's easier to criticize something than to create something, that's why when some critics make content themselves, it's terrible.

youtu.be/6iqmIoHL74Y
rob ager is mostly right

You're on to something there, pal.

Lack of a social life brought on by neurological disorders prevents proper priority assessment.

bump

i like rob, sucks he can't enjoy new good movies

>remaking

It's a sequel that takes place more than 20 years later.