How come American Psycho only has 68% RT...

How come American Psycho only has 68% RT, everyone on Sup Forums seems to love it (including myself) and it's basically an all round fantastic movie.

Is it just because critics don't like "edgy" and "dark" movies

Critics are probably too thin skinned and not smart enough to understand it

*That one Rick and Morty copypasta

they never got dubs. also check mine

They couldn't get a reservation at Dorsia.

dubs for idiots

Not a whole lots of dubs for a dubs thread.

fail

did someone order some dubs?

yep, right here

Getting dubs was never the intention for this thread, but now that we're here I'll give it my best shot.

gonna kms if no dubs

Dubs

i end this thread with my enormous dubs

okay guys, ill put you out of your suffering
check these

I'm going up a level and I'll get tripps right here

What a disappointment this thread turned out to be.

delet this
NOW

looks like dubs are back on the menu boys

No, you are the saviour, the hero we need, you are the chosen one

Hi Patrick just came by to show you my dubs

T.paul allen

check em

critics r dum

check dubbers

Film it, please.

It's because critics don't like these dubs

The dubs snapper

it was a gimmick movie, i can understand not liking it at the time, but it has passed the test of time and it's obvious that the execution was good enough that the gimmick is forgivable and not the thing that made it great

still critics at the time should have caught it, i can understand normies having an adverse reaction to gimmicks and overreacting by not liking it at all

For the same reason Moonlight got 99% everywhere (instead of the low-seventy% score it deserved): content or artistic merit doesn't matter as much as signalling "rightful moral content", a somewhat interesting character story, with mediocre cinematography is now the "most critically acclaimed" film ever, because it's both about a black man and an homosex, and if you dare give it less then a perfect score, the you're automatically a racist homophobe, even if you're mixed race new zealander who might have trouble understanding American Urban Ebonics.

In the late 90s it mattered less, but a film of this sort would probably get critically panned for being offensive and not progressive enough.

There's a certain type of person that becomes a critic, being agreeable and slimy enough to push whatever agenda just to follow orders and a consensus, just because they might be listened to by readers.

There's a reason when you want to brush up on a musician/band's or actor's wikipedia, these cunts shamelessly self-insert. If I'm reading up on Ozzy Osbourne, I don't care what Fred Randomcunt thought of Mob Rules, or how many stars he gave it.

Also, check em ^

I think it's a mediocre movie with great scenes. it's a difficult book to translate and the movie ultimately lacks urgency.

im gonna kill myself

I'm all for the memery this movie has spawned, but the movie itself really isn't very good

The memes surrounding the movie, upon a rewatch, make the movie appear funnier and better than it really is.

Without knowledge of the memes it's simply a weird edgy movie with a meme ending: "was it all le dream or not????? . Don't get me wrong I love this movie but when you look at it objectively it's a weird movie that isn't that good, just weird

>In the late 90s it mattered less, but a film of this sort would probably get critically panned for being offensive and not progressive enough.
eh, they still knew how to do it in the 90s, but you had to use universal morality instead of identity politics shit, like the shankshaw redemption or the green mile

i mean they are good movies, but it's obvious how they morally and emotionally manipulate at every step to cover up other flaws

RT is shit. Get Out is the 4th highest rated movie on their top 100. Cancer. Nuke it with fire.

>Get Out is the 4th highest rated movie on their top 100.
Followed by Mad Max Feminist Road at number 5

>feminist road
>a passerby man does everything
ok then

>Get out and Fury road raped by father and killed my mother, they are bad movies that hurt my feefees :(
LOL eat shit for din-din

Critics are the kind of vacuous urbanites that the movie makes fun of, cut too deep to the bone for these people. Dubs confirm.

I just saw it for the first time a few weeks ago. I don't see what you guys like so much about it, outside a couple funny moments like him axing paul. It's a 2000 movie that looks older than Beuler's Day Off (but maybe that was intentional). I admit I don't understand the ending, but I don't think that's the issue here. If you didn't know anything about psychopaths, you might be unnerved the whole time, but whatever.

Do bunnies have digits?

Universal morality still leads to good movies though. For example, Sleepers (brad pitt, kevin bacon), or This Boy's Life (DiCaprio... DeNiro was in both of those movies), both have themes comparable to Moonlight, but none of those three are a candidate for "best movie ever", maybe just in some sort of sub-category of coming-of-age drama and overcoming abuse.

Shit, even Forrest Gump trivialised the shit out of 4 decades of history, and also fell under this "driven by morality" thing which gave it universal praise, but still made a watchable movie, regardless of the issues, the story, the editing, the soundtrack all were good, rather than "adequate" like in moonlight.

And yeah, I agree, identity politics dictating what's acceptable or not is where it started going full retard.

it's not about "psychopaths", it's about Patrick personifying the ills of a society until he becomes basically a parody, Patrick wasn't special, which is kind of the point, and could have been interchangeable with any of the other guys there. and it doesn't matter if he actually killed people or not, even though i agree that the ending was weak and the film would work better if it had a point instead of turning into a basic "he went mad" story

It was intentional, as it's based on a book satirising mid-80s Yuppie consumerist culture.

So, older then Bueller's Day Off, same time, locarion and societal level as the original Wall Street.

Apparently they do

CRITICS ARE PLEBS

THE ULTIMATE PROOF OF WHICH IS 68% RATHER THAN 66%