Blair Redford To Play Thunderbird In FOX's X-MEN Series GIFTED

>With this revelation, Thunderbird joins Polaris, Blink and Sentinels as classic X-Men elements and characters that will appear on the show.

>Last month, Blair Redford, best known for Switched At Birth, was cast as "Sam, the strong-headed Native American leader of the underground network." However, it appears that was just a bit of misdirection as a social media post from Gifted co-star Natalie Alyn Lind shows that Blair is playing Thunderbird, better known as John Proudstar.

comicbookmovie.com/x-men/blair-redford-to-play-thunderbird-in-x-men-family-drama-gifted-a149571

Casualfag here. Doesn't thunderbird show up for 90 seconds and then promptly die, ala morph?

Of course being the X men, that doesn't mean he necessarily stays dead, but I can't remember a damm thing he does.

So the Eclipse guy is Sunspot with a different name right?

DOFP prequel?

>Doesn't thunderbird show up for 90 seconds and then promptly die, ala morph

He shows up for like 3 issues then dies then we find out he has a little brother with the same powers as him.

He was revived during chaos wars along with Banshee, Moira, 2 of the cuckoos and 3 different multiple men and the fought some kind of spirit.

he's one of the permanent dead guys on X-Men, he was replace by his much more popular brother Warpath.

No he played John's brother James aka Warpath, the guy with the knives, Sunspot was also in DOFP

true story it was up between Thunderbird and Wolverine as to who was going to die,since they had the same role as gruff war veteran and similar tracking powers but the artist who was Canadian vouched for Logan to stick around.

I wonder how marvel would have changed if Thunderbird had survived and wolverine had die.

some how I don't think we'd be raving about Fox's John picture right about now.

>Implying it wouldn't be called "Proudstar"

>Wolverine end up being used only for live action tv shows
>meanwhile "Proudstar" just became the best comic book movie in rotten tomatoes.

The cast so far.

REED STEWART (Stephen Moyer).

>An ambitious attorney trying to balance the demands of his job at the D.A.’s office with his responsibilities to his family. Reed is forced to abandon the life he worked hard to achieve to protect his children from the government.

CAITLIN STEWART (Amy Acker).

>A strong-willed businesswoman struggling with her separation from her husband Reed and her increasingly challenging teenage children. When her family situation takes a dark turn, she finds that she’s stronger than she thinks.

LAUREN STEWART (Natalie Alyn Lind)

>A smart, pretty, popular and organized teenage girl, who is already ahead on her college applications and is the model of a perfect kid, until her life is upended by the discovery of mutant abilites.

>Not using Nurse Annie and Sammy the fishboy

Is he Indian or do we get to bitch about whitewashing again?

ANDY STEWART (Percy Hynes White).

>A sensitive kid and bit of a loner, who keeps to himself to avoid the turmoil he faces at school and at home, and unlike his sister and parents, is fascinated by his newfound abilities.

are both kids mutants or just the son? last thing anyone wants to see is a stuck up big sister character.

and when is Rogue going to show up to seduce the husband?

According to wikipedia "He is of Irish, French, German, and Native American descent"

MARCOS DIAZ / ECLIPSE (Sean Teale).

>A natural rebel compelled by circumstances to cooperate with others. He is a passionate and strong-willed fighter who sometimes lets his emotions overrule reason, and possesses the ability to absorb and manipulate photons.

CLARICE FONG / BLINK (Jamie Chung).

>A sarcastic and lively tomboy with the power of teleportation, Clarice’s naturally strong exuberance has taken a hit after a sudden and traumatic upheaval of her life. As she adjusts to the new people and places that are suddenly home, Clarice slowly becomes herself again.

Sounds like the Richards family

I know that but you have to admit that it can't be a coincidence that this show is supposedly set in the same universe as the movies, is using Sentinels, has an Asian Blink and Warpath's brother.

LORNA DANE / POLARIS (Emma Dumont).

>A strong-willed, brave and loyal member of the mutant resistance, who has the ability to manipulate magnetism and is still finding her footing in the conflict.

>Thunderbird
cool!

JOHN PROUDSTAR / THUNDERBIRD (Blair Redford).

>The strong-headed Native-American leader of the underground mutant network that Reed and his family seek for protection, Sam posseses enhanced strength and agility and is initially mistrustful of the humans in their midst.

>>Blink
>>Thunderbird
>>Polaris
So this series is sort of the watershed for mutants they couldn't fit into the films?

Why do they always have to choose d-list characters for tv shows?

yeah It's looking like DOFP, I was hoping for more optimistic X-stuff, like human helicopter parents of mutant kids at Xaviers. like how does Wolverine deal with the PTA and that sort of thing.

this sounds like the Fear the Walking Dead with X-Men

but blink was in a movie, the same goes to warpath, thunderbird brother

Yes

They should use a better character like Magneto or Deadpool

JACE TURNER (Coby Bell).

>A government-sponsored mutant hunter who quietly wrestles with a job that requires cold-blooded, calculating efficiency on a day-to-day basis.

Both.

>Latino
>Absorbs and manipulates photons (aka sunlight)
>Eclipse was Roberto's codename in Age of X
This guy is definitely Sunspot right?

Funny how Marvel and DC are doing horrible lately and all of a sudden X-Men have the best show and movie in years.

Sunspot is claimed for the NEW MUTANTS movie. This guy is his non-Union equivalent.

That's not correct. You are combining two different things: Thunderbird being killed off by Claremont & Cockrum for being too similar to Wolverine (nothing to do with their powers, just that both characters were jerks) and John Byrne later saving Wolverine from being written out of the book (he wasn't going to be killed, he was just going to leave the team).

got to love moyer's face he's like complete dorks

wew, that brunette in the leather jacket is doing something fierce for me. God damn, I want to see her in Polaris uniform.

He's mostly remembered for dying in a pointless, yet strangely bad ass way.

Jumps onto a plane the bad guy's flying and crashes it, IIRC.

>Thinking there'll be costumes

Yeah, he had a little brother Thunderbird II aka Warpath that stared out on the Hellions the rival teen mutant team, then joined X-Force

I'm hoping we at least see some green hair on Polaris and purple hair on Blink

Silver St. Cloud?

>Thunderbird, better known as John Proudstar.

Weird that they aren't going with Warpath.

He'll probably die at some point so that his brother can take up the mantle

Actually it kind of makes sense, they can have Warpath be his twin, so kill of an important, minority character for drama and then have his twin who looks slightly different take a similar place and have him played by the same actor.

Basically gives them an extra character with the same number of actors if they play it smart.

Although, honestly, given that Blink is also on the show, maybe they're going with some kind of twisted version of the Exiles, with Polaris replacing Magnus, and Thunderbird's underground network being secretly Apocalypse.

Gotham - New X-Men (FOX) crossover incoming???

apparently the sentinels will be "different from what we've seen before" according to Donner. My guess is, to save on budget, they'll be Prime Sentinels

>GIFTED
This is such a shit title. They should really reconsider.

Hey, is that the due from Burn Notice? I love his work.

>Blink's in the series
>isn't played by Fan Bingbing

... eh... well at least Blink's in it so I'm happy.

Yup. Same showrunner, too.

Or they just can't get the rights to a popular character so going with the lesser one.

I called this shit last week as soon as they said he was NA.