Why are people saying this scene was stupid? Are people devoid of any feelings...

Why are people saying this scene was stupid? Are people devoid of any feelings? Everyone who knows what maternal bond is should understand this scene.
It was the turning point, till this moment Bruce Wayne thought that Superman is just an alien, but with this scene he realised that while being an alien, he's also a human, he didn't want Superman to live what he's been through - to lose his mother. After Superman's father died, his mother was everything he had left (and Lois)
What I am saying is that anyone who laughs at "stupidity" of this scene is just poor idiot who never felt what it feels to have loving family.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/A8BPzCvrxLY?t=44m51s
vidio.com/watch/68690-the-beatles-martha-my-dear-lyrics
youtu.be/bIKajSQ9DB0
youtu.be/LMBjWWGtsz0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

finally someone has the courage to speak this out

Everyone understands that. But the execution was stupid, with the needless flashback and the delivery on both sides. WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?

IDK, people who don't realize that Batman is an damaged individual?

Also maybe they didn't realize that Bruce was dehumanizing Superman in his own mind the entire movie and was surprised that in his last moments Superman would beg Batman to save someone?

Sure. It makes perfect sense.

What DOESN'T make sense is that he called his mother by her actual name.

Watch this scene and you'll understand why you're mistaken:
youtu.be/A8BPzCvrxLY?t=44m51s

>movieblob
lmfao

I know what youre saying OP, but in my opinion it would have worked better for Batman to question who "they" are, and then Superman says his mothers name

>if the theme is good on paper the scene is good
Nope, the acting, editing and dialogue was embarrassing and if you can't realize you don't deserve to talk about movies.

How would you have had it?
>batman rips a bit of supes suit
>notices Kal Lel has a tattoo that says Martha
>WHY DO YOU HAVE THAT TAT?!!!

Refute his argument and then we'll talk.

>batman is damaged
But he isnt supposed to be brain damaged. And the scene made look like a complete full retard asking sups about his mom.
On a separate not, i am so sick of the portrayal of batman as this damaged individual who cannot get over the death of their parents. What a fucking joke of a character.

The scene as is could make sense if Flash's time travel scene was 'Martha is the key, save Martha' rather than some attempt to justify why Lois Lane exists within this universe.

Moviebob was raped as a kid by a male figure and his life and was also bullied by jocks throughout high school, which has led him to hate anything even remotely masculine. BvS is a shit movie, but it's important to remember he is autistically obsessed with tearing it down because he sees it as an affront to his existence.

Why wasn't Martha My Dear the ending song?

vidio.com/watch/68690-the-beatles-martha-my-dear-lyrics

I'm not watching 90 minutes of a fat fuck fascist that ditched a funeral to play mario

There is a time stamp. Watch five minutes from where it starts.

Look, I get that you're shitposting, but do better. You know full well that nobody thinks the scene is stupid because of that. Delete your post and try again.

It was a stupid scene. Get over it.
BvS sucks.
JL rocks.
youtu.be/bIKajSQ9DB0

Bruce didn't want to destroy Superman because he was an alien, he wanted to destroy Superman because he believed that allowing someone to have that much power was too dangerous a prospect. The fact that Superman is more humanized to him should not affect his rationale one iota.

Bruce's reasoning was dumb but the fact that Superman has a mother does nothing to refute it at all. The real reason to keep Superman around is the threat of similarly powerful malevolent beings like Doomsday - which should have been the real turning point, not some soppy bullshit that makes Batman look like even more of a retard than he did before.

you have to understand: Batman is crazy. a literal autistic psychopath

He had built supes up in his mind as being this alien with no human qualities. So when he hears the name martha he gets curious because he thinks its a trick targeted at him.
When he learns it's Superman's mother he comes out of his rage-coma and realizes that superman has human spirit and connections.

people didn't like this scene/movie because they can't read subtext because they're all doctor who fans who need everything spoonfed to them

there was something kind of meta about it though.
i myself didn't realize at that point they shared their mothers' names.
also, notice how throughout the film, martha was always the focus instead of both of bruce's parents.

the lois is the key is probably flash from JL. how supes got mad because maybe lois died if bruce didn't have a change of heart at the end of bvs.
and because of that dream, batman's big guns was lois all along in case superman goes apeshit

Do you call your mom by her first name? Know anyone that does? That's my problem with this scene.

I know someone who does and it's weird.

Are you fucking stupid? this 2deep4u doesn't apply to this shitty scene, everything that happens in it doesn't make any sense, why would superman even mention the name martha? why not say "mother" if it's about the maternal link?
>MARTHA!!!
>oh btw she's has the same name as your mother too, i bet you'll like me now, you know i could've waited until you finished all your green farts since you already used it twice and i recovered from it but that would be lame so

He shouldn't have said Martha. he'd never say that.

>Save my mom
>Uhh bro I have no idea who that is

/thread

eh, probably to not give away it's his actual mother. lois just had to be there after to explain it's his mother's name. i don't know, what do i know...

>Supes: Mommy!!
>Fatman: Pathetic. *Stabs him with kryptospear*

fucking this. It was so fucking retarded. Who the fuck would say "save Marthy" in that situation instead of "save my mother" or some similar shit? This is not defend able. Just extremely poor writing.

No it didn't.

>On a separate not, i am so sick of the portrayal of batman as this damaged individual who cannot get over the death of their parents. What a fucking joke of a character.
He's the most unrealistic popular superhero and you are bitching about the only worthwhile attempt at making him more realistic.

Probably would have made more sense if Batman were not trying to kill him at all since he didn't actually do anything wrong and stopped Zod from destroying the whole world. Batman should have investigated who Superman was and knew everything about Lois and Martha by this point in time.

Would have made more sense if Batman were investigating him, he found Superman and they developed a sort of friendship at first that slowly went sour over the course of several films, Justice league fighting with various people, etc...THEN the big show down between two characters we already know facing off when Batman is older, sort of like the Wolverine movie, but against a still young and strong Superman. They should have just gone through the Dark Knight by Frank Miller almost scene by scene. Would have been a lot better.

This BvS film should have just been named 'Rise of the Justice League' or something and been pretty much the film we JUST saw but stretched across a two part film with a cliff hanger and no asshole sperg-flash, and no CGI-steppenwolf.

I also think they should have introduced Flashpoint and Doctor Manhattan in the next film after the two part first Justice League films.

>Would have made more sense if Batman were investigating him, he found Superman and they developed a sort of friendship at first that slowly went sour over the course of several films,

how i wish they could've turned into a World's Finest movie but it was too serious from the start. didn't really like how they made a modern DKReturns media to it.

Now THIS is some quality shitposting

How did Batman know that out of all the other people he killed none of them had a mother named Martha? Or hell, I bet even a daughter or a wife with that name would do.

unironically this

but batman asks "why did you say that name?" and that's so funny haha :p

>save Martha Kent
>Martha?
>Martha
>Why did you say that name?!

There, solved it.
Since it makes sense Superman would've wanted to spell his mom name to a detective who has no idea who Superman mom is

But the entire point was how he let his paranoia and grief dehumanize Clark to the point he was willfully ignoring things that would make him not want to kill the guy.

But yeah agreed the scene was awkward and there could've been far better ways to do that.
They probably wouldn't have Clark's character to back them up.

People don't like it because it was awkward and stilted.

What character? Batman knew nothing about Superman except that he is powerful and has to be stopped by all means neccessary. And let's be fair here, Superman is kind of a dick in MoS and BvS

Save Martha works better.
He had his gf there as a character witness to explain who the fuck he was.
The other guys were just smugglers with other smugglers to back them up.

Lois only told Batman that Martha was indeed his mother's name.
I bet Batman would have had an autistic breakdown if he watched the news and all of a sudden a person named Martha said that he branded her son/husband/brother/cousin and this killed him.
Speaking of which, why would you get killed in prison by other inmates if you wear the sign of Batman? Wouldn't that somehow be rather impressive that you faced the Batman in person for other inmates?

Sadly its just a autistic user so it doesnt really matter what he thinks and everyone will keep thing its a retard scene because well it is

Wait i thought he was concerned about a guy too much OP he might destroy the world (which is really dumb). But in the end you tell me that Batman is just a racist fuck?

Maybe with a stepmom, it would be okay.

Are these the intellectuals that analyse movies like BvS?

For God's sake, by this point in the movie Superman knew that Bruce Wayne was the Batman. Clark is an investigative journalist remember, so he would have done his homework on Bruce Wayne, known the name of his mother was Martha and recognized the connection. What better way to connect to Bruce than drop a name you know has meaning. The fact people can't understand this is amazing to me......

I bet everytime someone mentions Martha Stewart around batman he weeps and starts screaming martha.

>autist
>speaks about others being devoid of feelings
Autist like you should know that autists don't understand emotions

>one of the women he slept with daily woke up before him and turned on martha stewart living

>the body was never found

>What I am saying is that anyone who laughs at "stupidity" of this scene is just poor idiot who never felt what it feels to have loving family.

Or......they see how contrived and silly it is they stop fighting cause their moms have the same name.

t. didn't understand anything
It's not about the name, the name is trigger. They stop fighting because of the realization that Superman is also a human.

Nah that's a pretty simplistic reduction of what really happened, the real issue is how awkwardly his mother was brought into the scene.

>Bat"every time it rains I envision my mother getting shot because it sounds like her pearls falling down a sewer grate"Man isn't triggered by literally everything in his life

Yea its a trigger alright, took me right out of the movie with how meta and 4th wall breaking they were getting using a coincidence as a plot device.

>TOO MUCH POWER, HE MUST BE STOPPED!
>Destroyed his building, killed many of his workers and long time business partners
>Almost got a little girl crushed in the aftermath, crippled one of his people
>Fights and murders a few dozen people to get the kryptonite for his arsenal
>Sets up this building with tons of weapons in a attempt to finally kill him
>Visions of a doomed world with Superman in charge and killing him
>Superman has been beating him up and throwing him around, saying that he could kill him if he wanted to
>Mere seconds away from driving his spear through his heart
>M A R T H A
>"Whoa, sorry bro, you have human parents? My bad! Careful now, don't want to strain yourself. Is this your girlfriend? She seems nice"

I call my mom "Mom", not by her single name like a fucking weirdo

>It was the turning point, till this moment Bruce Wayne thought that Superman is just an alien, but with this scene he realised that while being an alien, he's also a human, he didn't want Superman to live what he's been through - to lose his mother.
So? Batman's beef wasn't that Superwan is an alien. It's that Superman is going to destroy the world, and even if there is a 5% chance of that happening, he has to act on it and kill him.

That's literally why they fought, because of Superman's dream.

>Everyone understands that.
No, they don't. You'd be surprised at how many people who watch capeshit wouldn't pick up simple emotions.

Superman could've avoided this retarded fight.
>hol up batman, my mother was kidnapped by lex luthor and he basically forced me to do this
>an alien like you have a mother?
>yes, her name is martha
>martha? that the name of my mother aswell
>so will you help me?
>deal
Also, if Batman was able to defeat Luthor's men and rescue Martha then Superman should be able to do it aswell. Why the fuck would he even go meet Batman instead of going straight towards his mother?

>Why the fuck would he even go meet Batman instead of going straight towards his mother?

I don't understand this also. JL shows he has superspeed that could even catch up to Flash but somehow he risks some normal guy to save her and for KGB best to not roast her when he could've done it himself and all the guys would see is a blue blur for a second before she's gone

>bruce saw the brady bnuch once

>once

The scene was handled so poorly that people didn't care to think about it at all.

this is common.

>casually establish superman has flash-level super-speed

>stop, invincible son is even dumber now

the DCEU really is a dumpster fire.

Except Clark obviously didn't have any feelings for his parents since he had no problems with letting is dad die just so he wouldn't get a few funny looks in Smallville later.

before he got the suit he couldn't even fly

Papa Kent was setting an example by sacrificing himself for the lesser species, a dog. Like how Superman would sacrifice himself for us. Watch Marvel trash if you just want quips.

A sacrifice which was not needed in the slightest since Clark could have saved both and nothing would have happened.
Great job Pa Kent.

If OP thinks that trash is anything but a clumsy, even desperate, appeal to emotion, then it's essentially a sign that he's on the spectrum and is only attempting to understand human feelings.

oh gee thanks for explaining that DCfag, no one on Earth understood that.

What the fuck was that thing with ANTS ANTS

ANT-MAN!

lmao

Batman beating Superman is retarded on its face.

Remember how the town was seeing Clark do Miracles? If they were caught again the MIB would have come to kidnap Clark. Papa had to sacrifice himself for the secret identity because he wanted Clark to choose to be a hero later in his life if he wanted to, not forced into it by the weather. Choosing to be a hero is real heroism, not being forced into it by parents telling you you're a hero that will save everyone.

brainlets like you is why Justice League was turned into Age of Ultron 2: The Quipening.

Because it's stupid when Superman could have ended the fight by brute force if he wanted to or just by telling Batman of the situation.

youtu.be/LMBjWWGtsz0

Considering he can and has moved faster than a human thought process, this. If he didn't give a single fuck, Superman would've vaporized Batman before he literally sensed his approach. Hell, even the kryptonite radiation wouldn't have had time to catch up to him until well after it was too late.

its stupid because no one on earth calls their mother by her first name

it didn't need to be there to make the scene work, and the PERFECT fucking example of snyder and nolan writing low quality dialogue for people who think they are educated

I really think it was as simple as Snyder realizing their moms' names were both Martha, thought that was a mindblowinf revelation, and chose to shoehorn it in.

HE WAS SAYING MARTHA TO BATMAN

HE WAS BEGGING BATMAN TO GO SAVE MARTHA

>or just by telling Batman of the situation.
THIS
Christ this entire screenplay needed to be thrown in the garbage. It was a disaster from page 1.

I don't call my mother by her name to anyone, let alone strangers

>miracles
>he saved a couple of kids from drowning and saved his dad and his dog during a tornado
Oh yeah, I'm sure the MiB will care about that.
>Sir, we have unconfirmed reports from Buttfuck nowhere that a kid did something incredible
>Were there witnesses or evidence?
>Well, a couple of locals who were under immense mental stress saw him do stuff both times, but other than that, nothing.
>Alright Johnson, stop surveilling those terrorists in the middle east. We have an American who probably has superpowers to capture. We will also make stops at the kid who allegedly saw heaven, that woman who had the image of Christ burnt into her toast and that one dude who thinks he can fly. We will get those people too. And don't forget that toaster of that lady. By god don't forget the toaster.

Christ this is just blatant apophenia. There's no fucking way Snyder or Goyer gave this much of a shit, especially since they didn't dedicate a scene to this alleged investigation.

kek this retarded shit is right

holy shit Snyder BTFO

Luthor's schemes fucked with his head real bad and then he just lost a fight and thought he was going to die, he just blurted something out real quick without giving it a ton of thought.

>build up genuine logical arguments that superman has to be stopped
>it's even referenced in suicide squad that we were lucky this superman shared our values and have to worry if they next one does too
>political build up as well with protests
>MARTHA
>movie turns to shit

Are you dumb? He was giving Batman a name so he had something to go by.

>A young clark is as powerful as an adult clark, who had just been energised by a cube literally stated to be energy itself, and holding back
How can you be this dumb?

>superman is knocked out by a sink
>"looks like porcelain is Superman's kryptonite"
Top fucking kek

>he just blurted something out real quick without giving it a ton of thought.
No, that was Zack. If that bullshit you spewed was the strongest excuse for that cringeworthy exchange then you're legitimately beyond help.

He tried both.

The first thing he did when he arrived is try to tell batman he isn't there to fight, then he shrugs off some machine guns, but Batman keeps going, so he tries force. That's when Batman hits him with kryptonite and goes to town on him. After that he is trying to get Batman to stay down long enough for him to explain what's going on, but Batman is like "nah, have some more kryptonite you cunt"

to be fair, it went to shit before martha, as literally two hours of movie is dropped the instant martha is kidnapped.

>Save my mom
>dies
>Batman has no idea who mom is

>da mufer bawks incread hib power lebel

go fuck yourself

It was a good idea. Seeing Batmans dehumanized idea of who superman is (dehumanizing is how murderers justify their actions) crumble in his mind. However the execution was bad, instead of focusing on what Batman is thinking (wow I’m about to murder another human being for my own selfish reasons) Snyder opted to just have him shout “WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME??” until the average audience member tunes out and doesn’t get the message.

Bullshit. He knows that Superman is Clark Kent. If he knows that then he knows who Clark's adopted mother is.

then he should have spelled out Luthor

You know, thematically, it's actually a great sequence.

It just falls apart because noone would call his mother by her first name in a situation like that and because Affleck's acting fails to sell his reaction.