Elric storytime before SJ premiere

Elric storytime before SJ premiere.

Today we're gonna be looking at the first Elric story ever.
We're going into the Dreaming City.

yaknow, I picked up Moorcock's book at a used book shop and read it last month. Maybe beacuse it was the '60s it was hot stuff, but reading it now it was very "meh" with a lot of "really?"

And which book would that be?

wait back the fuck up -- P. Craig Russel in 1980? Okay I'm in for the art if not the story.

ISBN 0441203981

Seriously? The prequel? No accounting for taste i guess. I love it myself. Especially when Rakhir shows up.

I also have the gollancz edition one which comes with Master of Chaos. Myshella is a lovingly manipulative bitch in it.

book 1 is the prequel? ergh. So where's the start of the novels? Nevermind, asking Wikipedia. Says "The Stealer of Souls" 0583113443 then "Stormbringer" 0583121063 and these are novelette collections.

Awright, maybe I got off on the wrong foot, and I'll look up these books.

"Of Melnibone" is a prequel but it's also a good jumping on point.
This is the first Elric story ever written and originally intended to be the ONLY story ever. Do NOT read Stormbringer. Leave it for the very last.
Pick up Fortress of the Pearl and move to While the Gods Laugh. Sailor on the Seas of Fate is only if you're willing to dabble in the deep end of interconnectivity of the Multiverse and acid dropping concepts.

Because no matter what you think of the overall style, Stormbringer is not only the best story, it's also Moorcock's magnum opus and a pillar of fantasy fiction.

Now THIS is how a villain shows up.

Cardinal rule of the universe.

Elric does not get to be happy

And we're done.

Thanks for reading.

And if you thought Elric had it rough here....you have no idea on the stinking dump the universe has in store for our albino hero.

One more for the road.

All i ask is that people keep this thread bumped for other anons that might be interested.

Gonna try and bump it myself to save the thread from death.

Because damn it, more people need to appreciate classic fantasy as well as Craig Russels amazing artwork.

bamp

Actually, give me another 10ish mins and i'll storytime another one.

Can you bump now? I'll just have to tear out your shrieking soul and sacrifice if to the database demons to bring the thread back up.

I guess the system allows it now.

Will storytime again in a few. Gotta do something.

Well, that was a more frightening Elric.

Sorry about the delay. There's a storm going on outside.

So, want me to continue with this thread or should i make a new one? It's gonna about 30 pages.

Actually, fuck it all.

Like Elric, we fight on. While the Gods Laugh

Remember the rule of the universe.