How is Marvel so much more successful than Lord of the Rings despite being leagues behind in character and story?

How is Marvel so much more successful than Lord of the Rings despite being leagues behind in character and story?

mcdonalds is much more successful than pop's burgers

>nuanced film with memorable, well-crafted characters based on a teleological view of good/evil catholic philosophy
V
>fun and quip and fa Service
Is it really that hard to know why?

How do can you even compare their success? Lotr is a movie trilogy, while Marvel is a movie series.

LOTR appeals to white dorks. MCU appeals to beasts and numales.

Because the majority of people are stupid

Why is rap the most successful form of music right now?

are you legitimately autistic? Not even fucking with you here

>How is Marvel so much more successful than Lord of the Rings
They're not?

The answer is the MCU is much more consistent and true to heart than the Hobbit trilogy. The Hobbit was as embarrassing as the new Eminem stuff. Marvel owes LotR a debt of thanks for showing that content, heart, and respect for source material will find success.

They make amusing action movies that are kid friendly, thus encouraging more people to see them than may be the case with movies that are only adult friendly. This is particularly impacted by the fact that children can't go to see a movie in theaters by themselves, they need an adult to go with them. They are also fairly popular among young adults as well.

They have a consistent quality and style that people can rely on seeing when they pay to see a movie to a good degree and that many people enjoy.

>t. insane cultist retard manchild

because LotR doesn't have any quips or awkward humor

>because LotR doesn't have any quips or awkward humor

>catholic philosophy
WE WUZ LOTR N SHIET

The difference is that the quips and humour in LotR is actually good

This.

LOTR is still the highest-grossing and most highly awarded trilogy ever.

>The difference is that I was a dumb child who didn't know any better when I watched LotR
Fixed that for you. The quips are just as bad as Marvel shit, Legolas only exists for "epic" moments and Gimli only exists for comedy relief. It doesn't mean the films are bad, but you have to be deluded to think that LotR completely avoids quips and awkward humor.

3 movies vs 17 movies.

On average, each LotR grossed more than each MCU movie.

Marvel have like a million movies and they market them like crazy.
LOTR was a trilogy

>Marvel will never make a film that wins every Oscar possible
>Marvel will never make anything as memorable or special as Lord Of The Rings

Lord Of The Rings was the 'Star Wars trilogy' of it's time. I'm glad I got to experience it as a kid.

name another series that has a trilogy of similar quality.

Marvel is entertaining.

LotR appeals only to bitter autistic shutins.

Good

Shit

>Gimli
LOL, he's short XD

Its for the same reason "Special Olympics" is a real thing.