Justice League, by Zack Snyder

>LONGER: Began with Bruce recruiting Aquaman. It was basically the same scene as I saw in the theatrical version this weekend. However, some lines were added by Whedon and some Zack bits were cut. Aquaman was originally more resilient and shut-off to Bruce here.

>LONGER: History Lesson. But just by some bits. What I was most surprised by was that WB cut out dialogue by the Green Lantern, Zeus and even Ares (Yes, he was there too). They had a couple of lines each. As did Robin Wright and Hippolyta. They just kept the action in and clicked out all dialogue, I guess.

>After taking the Mother Box from Themiscyra, Steppenwolf actually “talks” to the Box. His mother, Heggra’s essence is alive in the Mother Boxes and bringing them all together would unleash her powers – finally giving Steppenwolf an edge over his uncle – Darkseid. That is what his plan was originally. I thought for sure that they would keep this scene in because they used a dialogue from this scene in the trailers – “No protectors here. No Lanterns. This world will fall. You will be free, mother.”

Other urls found in this thread:

fortressofsolitude.co.za/zack-snyders-version-of-justice-league/
change.org/p/warner-bros-zack-snyder-s-director-s-and-tom-holkenborg-s-score-for-home-release-e90fef07-11c6-4a9a-9ae8-375c7717dafa
youtube.com/watch?v=a2diwyY8Cuc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Cyborg’s previous life. He plays a great football match that his MOTHER (Yes, she was cast as well) attends. Afterwards, they drive home. Victor is angry that his Dad never made it while his mother tries to console him. Victor just keeps getting angry and lashing out, loses control of the car – causing a fiery crash.

>DELETED: After the attack on Atlantis, Aquaman consults with Mera and Vulko over what he should do next. Mera wants him to stay as King because she “doesn’t trust Orm”. Vulko wants him to do what his heart says. Aquaman confesses that he feels a responsinility to help the people on Earth.

>DELETED: The League visits the Batcave. Alfred has humorous reactions to the League. Bruce Wayne talks about a “nightmare” he had. He believes that Steppenwolf will try and resurrect the power of Superman and “that they must do it first unless they want to fight an Evil Kryptonian too.”

>CHANGED: Superman’s resurrection was ONLY possible because Cyborg detects foreign genetic material in his DNA a.k.a the Codex. This is the final confirmation needed that Superman can be brought back to life after all. Then, the revival happens pretty much the same.

>DELETED: Kent Farm. Superman brings Lois here. however, he is still very confused and not knowing what’s happening. Bystanders are looking at him and clicking his photos. This confuses him further and he actually tries to attack the civilians with his laser-eyes before Lois manages to calm him down. Superman tells her that “the voices won’t shut up”. Later, Martha shows up here and Clark and Lois are already inside the house. Clark is calmer now but still very confused – his powers are going haywire and his senses are heightened. Martha gives the “Picture the world as an Island. Follow my voice and come back to me” speech from MoS. It seems to calm him down. Later, Clark is wearing his shirt when he sees Pa Kent (Yes, Costner was here too) out in the fields. He goes out to see him. Pa Kent talks about “embracing who you really are”. He tells Clark that “you have to make peace with who you are. You have the power to change the world and you can do that as anyone, good character or bad.” Clark finally embraces Superman as a part of him when Lois walks out. Clark confirms their engagement, Lois breaks down because she wasn’t strong enough. Then, Martha comes out too as Clark decides to help the League and flies off. That’s how it happened in my version. I may have paraphrased some dialogue but that was basically it.

>DELETED: Clark heads up to meet Alfred and get his suit.

>CHANGED: Bruce’s conversation with Diana after Superman returns. Diana comes in to pop Bruce’s shoulder and tend to his injuries. Bruce reveals that he is willing to die to save the world. In fact, he says “he deserves to die because of what he’s done. He’s killed people and nothing, not even his hate for Superman can justify killing like that”. Diana tells him that “he’s changed now” but Bruce remains adamant that he can only atone himself by sacrificing his life.

>CHANGED: Bruce’s Batmobile is headed to certain death during the finale when Wonder Woman and Aquaman interfere and save his life. They tell him that dying in battle won’t do anything and he must live to keep the fight going.

>CHANGED: Superman joins the fight and teams up with the League to defeat Steppenwolf. However, at one point, Steppy tries to tempt Superman into joining his army and we see Darksied (for the first time) in Superman’s vision and we see flashes of the Knightmare footage. However, Superman SNAPS back from it and delivers the final blow to Steppy, defeating him.

>DELETED: Steppenwolf is killed by Darkseid on Apokolips. Darkseid intends to come to Earth to “meet the Kryptonian”.

>The original after credit scene that was shot in principal photography was Bruce being woken in the night in his lake house by a green light and being visited by Tomar Re and Kilowog. It was cut fairly early on during post.

>a source

Source: fortressofsolitude.co.za/zack-snyders-version-of-justice-league/

>tfw WB was fooled so many times by Zack Snyder that the one time it SOUNDS like he got it right, they wouldn’t give him a chance

I’m sorry, Zack

This sounds much better

All of this sounds much better then what we actually got. I don't see why WB was so hellbent on getting the movies run time below 2 hours.

Fuck, i wish those fucking jews at WB wouldn't have meddled with Zack's work. this is way better than what we got...

The source was a reddit post pastebin

There's a certain time limit that changes the number of possible showings, reducing or increasing it by 1.

Aliens was famously mangled to fit into this time limit, though it still was pretty good.

>Cyborg getting his mother killed and himself mutilated

my only issue

I'm upset most of the shit they cut explains major plotholes ffs

seems more like a handful of scenes that we could have guessed from the trailers
I dont mind the 2 hour version but would really like to see the full cut
no reason for WB not to release the extra footage on Blu Ray anyway (even if they don't reedit it into the movie)

It doesn't make much financial sense for WB to pay ~200 million dollars or more for a movie like this to be made to be released into theaters with characters that have great financial potential. This is something that should only be made for a series of comic books, a video game, or an animated movie that costs less than 25 million dollars to make.

If all this is true it's a shame we never got it. Green Lantern cameos, early Darkseid, good backstory for Cyborg this all sounds like it would have helped the butcher job that the current one got. Too many quips that fall flat and it hardly makes sense.
Fuck Joss.

I still think Watchmen was his best work. Still my favorite capeflick.

>Fuck Joss
He's overrated and over the hill anyways. He lucked out with a decent crew and then just made everything according to mainstream appeal.

RESTORE THE KINO LEAGUE!

change.org/p/warner-bros-zack-snyder-s-director-s-and-tom-holkenborg-s-score-for-home-release-e90fef07-11c6-4a9a-9ae8-375c7717dafa

>OK Joss we need you to direct a few scenes while Zack is away
>Got it
*Proceeds to replace 50% of script with quips*

>CHANGED: Bruce’s Batmobile is headed to certain death during the finale when Wonder Woman and Aquaman interfere and save his life. They tell him that dying in battle won’t do anything and he must live to keep the fight going.

With Snyder's daughter committing suicide and everything, I really wish they had kept the suicidal Batman subplot in. Would have been really powerful. In fact, it's actually disrespectful that they removed it.

>>The original after credit scene that was shot in principal photography was Bruce being woken in the night in his lake house by a green light and being visited by Tomar Re and Kilowog. It was cut fairly early on during post.

Do they make bruce the green lantern? That didn't go so well for the dark multiverse.

>Zach fumbled twice
>WB gets anxious
>Zach actually makes kino
>Pressure and anxiety builds, Zach uses tragedy to step down gracefully amidst rising pressure
>WB ruin Zach's kino
>In the end, WB loses

>>LONGER: History Lesson. But just by some bits. What I was most surprised by was that WB cut out dialogue by the Green Lantern, Zeus and even Ares (Yes, he was there too). They had a couple of lines each. As did Robin Wright and Hippolyta. They just kept the action in and clicked out all dialogue, I guess.
for the best. it only served to inform us about Stephanie and the Mother Boxes. any extra dialog would be unnecessary. even if they talked about Darkseid since he's irrelevant to the movie.

>After taking the Mother Box from Themiscyra, Steppenwolf actually “talks” to the Box. His mother, Heggra’s essence is alive in the Mother Boxes and bringing them all together would unleash her powers – finally giving Steppenwolf an edge over his uncle – Darkseid. That is what his plan was originally. I thought for sure that they would keep this scene in because they used a dialogue from this scene in the trailers – “No protectors here. No Lanterns. This world will fall. You will be free, mother.”
might've been interesting if Stephanie was motivated to just free her mother out of love, but to usurp Darkseid? eh, seems so cliche and doesn't make him interesting.

How does Zach always win? Seriously how does he do it?

>Stephanie
lol autocorrect

Honestly, it doesn't really make sense Bruce ISN'T a GL. There is another random person with more willpower than Batman just fucking around somewhere until a ring tells him to be a hero?

Jesus, was Snyder really going to bring Pa Kent back? That useless blowhard who didn't have faith either in his son's ability to control his powers, or in the human race to cope with an alien visitor? No wonder WB politely encouraged Zack the Hack to take some "compassionate leave". I reckon Whedon's revisions probably earned the movie an additional 10% on Rotten tomatoes.

>DELETED: After the attack on Atlantis, Aquaman consults with Mera and Vulko over what he should do next. Mera wants him to stay as King because she “doesn’t trust Orm”. Vulko wants him to do what his heart says. Aquaman confesses that he feels a responsinility to help the people on Earth.
this would've been a much better scene than what we got in the movie with Mera out of nowhere spouting useless exposition about Arthur's mom. not necessary since he has a solo movie that can cover that.

>DELETED: The League visits the Batcave. Alfred has humorous reactions to the League. Bruce Wayne talks about a “nightmare” he had. He believes that Steppenwolf will try and resurrect the power of Superman and “that they must do it first unless they want to fight an Evil Kryptonian too.”
good scene too. probably needs maybe another scene where Batman contemplates the vision.

>CHANGED: Superman’s resurrection was ONLY possible because Cyborg detects foreign genetic material in his DNA a.k.a the Codex. This is the final confirmation needed that Superman can be brought back to life after all. Then, the revival happens pretty much the same.
reaching. glad that was changed.

this sounds so much better, wow.

it gives motivation to steppenwolf, makes supes resurrection more reasonable, makes his "return to form" less instanteous and teases the final villain, darkseid.

this + junkie XL soundtrack and we could had been in for some proper capekino

Actually there are at least six of them. The rings have picked six people over Bruce so far.

Although I guess Kyle and Jessica were special cases.

He "won" in the sense that he isn't responsible for this mess, but he lost his daughter...not exactly a win-win.

it was proximity based, Hal Jordan was closer to where abin Sur lay dying, this is brought up later due to the fact that it turns out guy Gardner should have been chosen for being better at conquering fear than Hal but he was further away.

He appears to have an army of contrarian shills.

Steppenwolf does not feel love. Also, New Gods on Apokolips backstab each other for the throne but Darkseid currently has the Omega Powers so that gives him the edge.

>>DELETED: Kent Farm. Superman brings Lois here. however, he is still very confused and not knowing what’s happening. Bystanders are looking at him and clicking his photos. This confuses him further and he actually tries to attack the civilians with his laser-eyes before Lois manages to calm him down. Superman tells her that “the voices won’t shut up”. Later, Martha shows up here and Clark and Lois are already inside the house. Clark is calmer now but still very confused – his powers are going haywire and his senses are heightened. Martha gives the “Picture the world as an Island. Follow my voice and come back to me” speech from MoS. It seems to calm him down. Later, Clark is wearing his shirt when he sees Pa Kent (Yes, Costner was here too) out in the fields. He goes out to see him. Pa Kent talks about “embracing who you really are”. He tells Clark that “you have to make peace with who you are. You have the power to change the world and you can do that as anyone, good character or bad.” Clark finally embraces Superman as a part of him when Lois walks out. Clark confirms their engagement, Lois breaks down because she wasn’t strong enough. Then, Martha comes out too as Clark decides to help the League and flies off. That’s how it happened in my version. I may have paraphrased some dialogue but that was basically it.
bystanders in the middle of nowhere? smallville isn't very high density, especially around the Kent farm. might be farmer john riding along the road with a tractor, but I doubt he'd have a selfie or pay Clark or Lois any attention. and lol Pa Kent now telling him not to leave sinking bus full of children to save himself?

>DELETED: Clark heads up to meet Alfred and get his suit.
yuck. Martha or Lois should be the one in possession of it.

Geoff johns wrote a story where Hal lets Batman try to use the ring, but Batman has to overcome his greatest fear, the death of his parents, to focus it properly.
But it's at odds with Bruce holding onto that memory as his driving force to be Batman.
tl;dr batman is overpowered enough as it is, he doesn't need it.

so if batman got a yellow ring, he'd be unstoppable?

Sign the petition. Let's restore the Superman that is sincere and doesn't quip about wanting to die again. Atleast we can show WB they fucked up real good selling out like that.

eh, unnecessary. it just sounds like an episode of Naruto or some other shonen anime.

>CHANGED: Superman joins the fight and teams up with the League to defeat Steppenwolf. However, at one point, Steppy tries to tempt Superman into joining his army and we see Darksied (for the first time) in Superman’s vision and we see flashes of the Knightmare footage. However, Superman SNAPS back from it and delivers the final blow to Steppy, defeating him.
unnecessary. we don't need that right now. temptation can be when he's actually face to face with Darkseid, if they really have to go that direction.

>DELETED: Steppenwolf is killed by Darkseid on Apokolips. Darkseid intends to come to Earth to “meet the Kryptonian”.
sequelitis

>The original after credit scene that was shot in principal photography was Bruce being woken in the night in his lake house by a green light and being visited by Tomar Re and Kilowog. It was cut fairly early on during post.
shouldn't that be Hal Jordan, sleeping with two college chicks?

Almost happened too

would've made him more interesting though.

>bystanders in the middle of nowhere?
Superman is an icon in this world. I'm just reaching here, but upon news that Superman is back might make people gather near his home or something. No, nevermind. That makes zero sense...

they don't know he's Clark Kent.

>>After taking the Mother Box from Themiscyra, Steppenwolf actually “talks” to the Box. His mother, Heggra’s essence is alive in the Mother Boxes and bringing them all together would unleash her powers – finally giving Steppenwolf an edge over his uncle – Darkseid. That is what his plan was originally. I thought for sure that they would keep this scene in because they used a dialogue from this scene in the trailers – “No protectors here. No Lanterns. This world will fall. You will be free, mother.”
Why would you cut this WB the fuck?!

So Batman has been a Green Lantern, Yellow, White, has he been a Black Lantern?

WB likely thinks mentioning lanterns at all in the trailer was a mistake and caused JL to flop.

This is the level WB executives think on.

Zack's cut still would have been shit, but I'd prefer gritty, pseudo-intellectual shit to an atonal mess filled with quips.

i need to read more comics, this shit is fucking hilarious

Yeah. It was always about distance between fit candidates.... until Geoff johns came and turned it into a special kind of willpower. He does hate Batman tho so it's irrelevant.

>omega powers

Go fuck yourself please. Darkseid war was complete shit and johns take on the new gods is for brainlets

the early to late 2000s GL runs are stupid fun to read

shit just keeps happening

It's been proven fake.

Do you seriously think Joss simply waltzed into the set and started changing shit left and right? Everything he did was following Warner's suits demands. After watching Zack's cut they panicked and called Joss to come in and execute what they had in mind in order to make the movie """""better""""".

And it's confirmed than less than 30% of the scenes were reshoot, and basically only to connect other scenes together

>
>And it's confirmed than less than 30% of the scenes were reshoot
he got a writting credit that means he wrote at least 33% of the movie, more important, they cut at the VERY LEAST one entire hour of the snyder cut.

HISHE fixes the movie and BvS.

youtube.com/watch?v=a2diwyY8Cuc

>He plays a great football match that his MOTHER (Yes, she was cast as well) attends. Afterwards, they drive home. Victor is angry that his Dad never made it while his mother tries to console him. Victor just keeps getting angry and lashing out.

he's also snacking on kfc and watermelon during the ride home

Exactly. Which means throwing all the blame on Joss like all those retarded Zack widows are doing makes no sense. I don't like Joss as much as the next person but this isn't, in any way, shape or form, his movie. He was just using his style to try execute what the higher-ups at Warner wanted.

>cut fucking Zeus talking

Fuck you WB. You've handled the gods so poorly

Steppenwolf's "motivation" would still be Stock CGI Capeshit Villain Motivation #3241684, Superman's resurection would still be completely devoid of any tension or suspense and Darkseid's appearance in this movie is completely unnecessary.

Indeed they have.

Even if it's fake - look - a fanfic is better than the one we got in theaters.
Fuck Whedon and WB.

Marvelshills like Zack?

>More ghost dads
>Forget what I said before invincible son, use your powers all the time. I literally died for no reason lol

Wow, total kino

The state of fucking headlines today. All this "X happened, here is what you need to know" shit. Where did the punch go?

>DELETED:
>DELETED: Armie Hammer had a brief cameo as Hal Jordon near the end of the film, visiting Star Labs to pick up a package from Victor's father.

You should neck yourself to show Snyder your support.

says who

>People defend a man who can barely make any movies

Why does he have to do that stupid wacky voice at the start? it doesn't make him funny, and the singing is shit too, but he has some good points

yeah, i actually liked man of steel and BvS idk why people hate them

O CAPTAIN, MY CAPTAIN

>characters that have great financial potential.
I'm sorry but the golden age characters are done, these characters were created for a 1930s audience, their time is over, they won't ever be as compelling as other characters because they're ripped off greek myths

Snyder's release when?