I am a director who is utterly devoid of any imagination or creativity...

>I am a director who is utterly devoid of any imagination or creativity, I need a cinematographer who will at least make my movie "look pretty" so that the audience are tricked into thinking that they watched something with depth.
>Don't worry, Villeneuve, I've got just the guy

BASED DEAK

I don't get the hate for Villeneuve
why?

t. Nolan fanboy

he's the newest director popular with everyone, that's literally it

This is a set photo

Villeneuve and his children truly are this generations Nolan and Nolan drones. Both tasteless entry level plebs that believe they're above the "masses" whilst enjoying he same cheap inauthenticity

like korean cinema

/thread

Contrarians for the sake of it.

>Contrarians for the sake of it.

That's redundant.

Villeneuve is a miserable hack whose movies are propped up entirely by Deakins meme cinematography which gets the r/movies and IMDB pleb crowd all hot and bothered. It is the death knell of Cinema. One of the biggest trashmasters working today, a hack's hack. This is hot pocket the director. Cheeto dust: the man.
His flicks are a bad joke; an insult to the filmic medium; a gob of spit aimed at all that is good and great about filmmaking. Another polished post-fincher gritty popcorn director.

You're redundant.

>>I am a director who is utterly devoid of any imagination or creativity, I need a cinematographer who will at least make my movie "look pretty" so that the audience are tricked into thinking that they watched something with depth.
sorry, you'll have to narrow it down
that description is way too broad for the movies put out by Hollywood

a lot of buzzwords

Why do people act like Villeneuve and Nolan are completely different generations they are both working directors.

You can like Nolan is ingrained in film history and people are only emulating him now. It's not like your calling someone the new DePalma or something you fucking retard.

>redundant
Just like you

will our guy deak finally get his oscar this year?

Denis Villeneuve AKA I love cinema: David Fincher, Christopher Nolan, I could go on!
Watch more films.

When will he kill himself?

Yes

Don't you fucking DARE rope me in with these miserable millennials and their collections of garbage, including their adoration for Villeneuve, arguably the worst director not only of his shitty generation but of all fucking time. I was 11 years old when I watched The Dark Knight on its release week, I fucking know a god damn thing or two about what makes a good fucking movie. The same can't be said for these literal children celebrating Villeneuve and his unfiltered garbage. Get the fuck out of here, you don't deserve any recognition or attention for praising some shit shoveler like Villeneuve.

>Villeneuve, arguably the worst director of all time
lul nice pasta

Probably. They love dishonesty which is why Leo finally got one for that garbage Revenant

You're right. For him to be the worst he'd have to be Kubrick.

theres that word again

Not an argument. Try again, you charalatan piece of human excrement.

Nice pasta faggot, but Nolan is so old MY GREAT GRANDFATHER watched them in theatres

He is on the short list of directors that I'd kill upon sight if I ever met them in the world. The cinematic frauds so destructive that I'd deem it my duty to lay down my life for the greater good of cinema just to take them out of the equation.

The others are Nolan, PTA, Tarantino, Fincher, Jeff Nichols, Steve McQueen, Inarritu and Linklater.

t. Cheeto dust

it's incredible how awkward and off the non deakins shots look

Denis Villeneuve is the John Cassavetes of our generation

Stay mad plebs. I'm loyal to the end.

Maybe you'll get an Oscar if you suck off Harvey, Roger.

Cassavetes is shit. whoopdeedoo millennial

Dennis is good, it's Deakins that's the problem

he's not very visually creative

t. pleb

Is this the thread where we all post our pastas from the notepad file?