Are women capable of understanding film? It seems like most women go to the movies as a social...

Are women capable of understanding film? It seems like most women go to the movies as a social, rather than intellectual, endeavor.

can Sup Forums?

if you think watching a movie is an intellectual endeavor I've got news for you

Some are some aren't, just like men.

Television and film are the lowest form of entertainment. You just sit there and wait for it to finish. Even video games require a certain amount of dexterity to complete.

Not wanting to go full /r9k/ here but I've always found it very curious how hard it is to find women with decent taste in cinema. Most women I talk about movies with rarely leave the capeshit-romantic comedy-chick flick trifecta, and when exposed to movies that don't fit those genres they're extrely quick to dismiss it as "bad" or "boring". Too often after dates I've heard the complaint that "the movie was too long" even tho most of them rarely crossed the 2 hour mark.

don't forget disney movies user

This too.

t. roastie

Capable probably, but I don't know that they would bother to.

They're hot, and they get through life with their bodies or by relying on social skills and nepotism and don't bother with much else.

I like animated Disney movies too, but why can't they expand their viewing habits just a little bit? I don't expect my gf to appreciate Master and Commander but anything would be a nice change of pace.

why do people (mostly /r9k/) think the only kind of women that exist in the world are either SJW tumblrites or 20 something sorority girls? do you guys not have moms?

>do you guys not have moms?
Mommy didn't feed babby with milky
babby want milky

next time I get a disney watching girl I'm gonna show her myazaki movies and blow her mind.

next time...

My mom is a sjw and i hate her.

Atleast she takes care of me because I have autism and she feels bad for me.

no you're exactly right. even if a woman says she's into kino she's most likely just listing movies her past boyfriends were into since she knows that's what guys want to hear. women have awful fucking taste. just look at how obsessed 95% of them are with reality tv.

because there are no women on the internet
kek

Women don't actually like anything. They're just the ultimate herd animals. If you showed famous celebrities eating shit women would jump in line to eat literal shit. The faster you understand this the happier you're going to be.

>and blow her mind
I thought like that once

Let me tell you how this works in the real world
>start playing the movie
>LOL this is Japanese? These people don't look like Asians or whatever, more like Swedish or something ha ha
>a few minutes later she'll start texting or posting snaps of her disappointing face
>omg the things i do 4 luv.....we're not gonna work out!

this /thread

at that point I would unironically rape her anally

In the real world, outside of Sup Forums, both sexes tend to have poor tastes. Capeshit, mostly targeted at young men, is just as bad as romcoms.

>in b4 BvS is a masterpiece

begging you to see a titty irl

It's the same with lit. Every girl reads the same trash (John Green, Harry Potter, flavour of the month YA shit).

What the fuck, is that a shoop or do sheep really have those weird ass lion/wolf faces?

Holy fuck, I'm freaking out.

She'll dump you for being boring.

Instead of raping her spank or flog her then take pictures of the purple marks on her ass so she can post pics of them and get EdgePoints.

Holy shit I reverse search it and its not a shop what the fuck

*tips divacup*

I'm retarded. I think it's supposed to be a "wolf who wears sheeps clothes" kind of thing.

Can't find an original either, but it must be a shoop.

It really depends, doesn't it.

>Every girl
>"girl"
yfw women in their 40s unironically read this too

my mom is the same exact way as described in these threads she dismisses whatever i watch that has meaning and she attention whores by being overdramatic i can't watch a movie with her

There's no distinction between women and girls, tbqh. Mentally they're the same.

I've had the opposite experience. The average woman tends to have better taste than the average man, but the few with the most truly unique/interesting tastes happen to be men

it's totally a sheep dude
here a cute pic of a bunny to calm you down

Now define "better taste".

My mom is normie as fuck. I love her to death but damn does she have awful taste for all things cultural.
My dad on the other hand is pretty based. He took me to watch Fight Club in the movie theater when I was 11.

My mom doesn't have the worst taste, but she spends more time watching shitty Hallmark movies or GoT instead of watching Last of the Mohicans or something

Why do the biggest virgins with the least contact with women think they understand them the most? Really makes you think

Who said they're a virgin ITT, m'roastie?

The more movies you watch and the more critically you think about them, the better your taste. Watching a canonical movie doesn't automatically equal good taste, but good taste is more likely to result in a preference for canonical movies (and that's why they're in the canon)

Where did I (or anyone else itt) say I/they watch canonical movies? Last movie I watched was On the Waterfront

fpbp

Every female critic's review reads like some community college Marxist thesis. They don't judge the character, writing, or special effects, just what it means for (((identity politics)))

That's exactly what they said about novels in the 19th century

My mom watched a dog show on TV today at full volume and spent over half an hour arguing with herself whether or not she thought one of the women showing her dogs dyed her hair, and pondering if she should do the same even if it didn't look natural. It ended only when she left to get Starbucks, though dad had already brewed enough coffee at home.

you can tell by the way they write

>you can tell by the way they write
Yikes. Got a source for that or are you just being schizo again?

The westminster dog show is absolute kino you uncultured swine

kys

whiteknight cuck

How would you know? You don't have any female friends.

It's not a matter of taste. Most guys have shitty taste too. But women lack any conviction when it comes to culture. You cannot acquire a meaningful taste for kino without it.

@90632075
>tripfag
You don't deserve the (You) tbqh

>lmao just turn ur brain off bro

thanks for proving my point

>no proof, just schizo rambling
Yikes.

>Why do I choose to post my "shower thoughts" on a site where they are immediately recognized as bullshit

Back to plebbit

Not /r9k/ Sup Forums or Sup Forums.

>being so young that you don't even remember the days when this Cambodian papercraft forum was weeb/robot central
Gen Z cancer fuck off

not a virgin
i skadooshed a womens hymen
and i think most women have shitty movie taste

>more schizo loser rambling
Stop projecting. You type like a soyboy.

Huge userbase overlap along with Sup Forums, Sup Forums and Sup Forums however. Only the small boards haven't been overrun by the youngans yet.

>everyone who calls out my crippling autism is the same person
Someone's acting like a schizo alright

uncultured swine confirmed.

The vast majority of posters on here aren't capable to understanding film

>The vast majority of posters on here aren't capable to understanding film
I don't know what the fuck you're talking about noob, I recognize The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King extended edition as the pinnacle of kino

What defines a person as someone who appreciates and understands cinema as an artistic medium?
Also, what counts as an intellectually estimulating film?

Asking for real, to see if the average on those ideas has changed over here.

Paying attention during the movie + critical thinking and articulating your thoughts after

That's it. I don't care about what you watch or your opinions about what I watch; just engage please.

>after dates

Why do so many people fucking do this? The people I take to see movies are people who know like the same kind of movies I do. You want to take some stranger on a date, go see some popcorn flick like a capeshit movie.

In today's OKC/Tinder world, there's really no good excuse for not knowing what kind of films people like.

Chick here, I love Disney and I find Miyazaki to be overrated. Give me a good Satoshi Kon film over a Ghibli flick any day,

thread/

Don't reply to this, this is an user pretending to be a slut to rile you up.

>Chick here, I love Disney and I find Miyazaki to be overrated. Give me a good Satoshi Kon film over a Ghibli flick any day,

I actually agree, there is definitely better anime but for some reason Miyazaki tends serve as the best introduction to the wider world of anime for the uninitiated, I don't know why, but I just use it and don't question it.

>You want to take some stranger on a date, go see some popcorn flick like a capeshit movie.
No, and please set an example and lead your sisters into the light.

ufortunately, since women lack sentience, their behaviour and thoughts are almost completely dominated by base instincts focused mostly on their social status and gaining access to sperm of genetically gifted males with high testosterone, all done subconsciously

I'm afraid you might as well show art to dolphins

>women are just npcs meme
this is the definition of sexism

everyone's an NPC to an observant but women are those nameless ones, with only most basic set of actions done during the day

remember that ignored by devs NPC that just walks from one corner to the other, in most basic clothing, saying only "..." when you talk to it? that's a women irl

Most people have bad taste in things, and you're always going to pay more attention to a potential partner, it just stands out when it's a woman. And you said it yourself, you're going to movies on dates, so your exposure to women's taste is going to be higher than men's.

Reality is that there's not much of a gender gap in film studies majors, film school, etc. It's always bizarre to me that people think women can't enjoy/don't understand works of fiction when it's something they very strongly gravitate towards in education and work, unlike math and science.

Women add nothing this day and age cause they're so averse to developing any type of character traits that might make them stand out

" . . . . . "

>No, and please set an example and lead your sisters into the light

I'll do what I can, user.

>this day and age
But it's always been like this.

Developing character doesn't do shit for women, it's your job to develop character, they just need to find a herd.

Gods speed madam.

arguing-with-holes.jpg

You people are WAY too lenient on the average male.
Most women can at least comprehend a character's actions, especially if they're emotionally based. Yet I've seen countless men respond in the same way to every character conflict:

>why doesn't he just kill them? lol

There's a girl in my class at Uni with amazing taste in cinema, quite possibly the only person I know IRL with actual good taste in films
>hates capeshit
>makes fun of GoT trash constantly but still watches it etc
.Too bad she's a 5/10.

Suck it up and marry her user.
Unless she's got huge lovely grantits all girls look ugly when they get older. May as well find someone you can connect with.

Don't fall for the counterculture girl meme.

>marry her
Don't listen to this retard.

I bet there isn't one girl on kg and ptp who actually likes film

Knock her up and then disappear. That's what my dad did.

Enjoy being alone, or re-watching Friends and Disney cartoons for the rest of your life.

Are you black by any chance?

Nice one.

You have to remember that a woman experiences life differently than a man does. Of course she is gonna like more things she can recognize from her life, like relationships with men, acting in a female manner (more obidient or less masculine morality bound) ect. Who doesn't like things that concern him/her? You won't like watching about relationships with men because that doesn't interest you and she doesn't like watching cars/napoleon.

Yeah I've had the same experiences
Thought I stuck gold once when I was talking to a girl and I asked her what she liked to do and she said movies were her true love
>Oh me too, what are some of your favorites?
>Marvel movies, disney movies, most animated movies, and Wes Anderson (but she's only seen moonrise kingdom and Fantastic Mr. Fox)

I'd always try and get her to watch good movies since she's such a self described movie enthusiast, had her watch Inside Llewyn Davis and she said it was boring and nothing happened

Another girl I know said she found 2049 boring and confusing and walked out of the theater, she then asked if there was another blade runner

>tis a good thing to see

Mediterranean. Somewhat fair skinned by hairy as fuck.

my mom falls asleep when me and my dad watch the red october