Sean Schemmel (the voice of Goku) has OCD as stated by Christopher Sabat (voice of Piccolo, Vegeta and Yamcha)...

>Sean Schemmel (the voice of Goku) has OCD as stated by Christopher Sabat (voice of Piccolo, Vegeta and Yamcha), because of that Sabat usually pranks with him. During a voice session for DBKai, he hired a team of pranksters to do "subtle, non-radical pranks" on Sean; in the morning of the next day, Sean was the first to arrive at the studio and told Sabat that he was worried how the room service in his hotel filled each pocket of his pants with Kazoos.

>During the time Back at the Barnyard was getting cancelled, the staff was aware of this fact due to word-of-mouth from several Nick employees. Actors started getting more looser in terms of acting and would generally just do blooper reels; in one of these bloopers, the cast started singing a made-up song called "Dick Tits", when they were singing Nick executives arrived at the scene, to which director Todd Grimes remarked "What you gonna do, cancel us more?"

>Marge and Homer's french voice actors are married

>Charles Martinet auditioned for Mario at the last minute, when the studio doing these auditions were already taking away equipment, he also remarked that he was "kinda drunk"

>When Ryan Drummond couldn't keep his role of Sonic, he decided to do some training for Jason Griffith. Griffith and Drummond would then on become friends, with Griffith going as far as inviting Drummond for his wedding.

>Half of Sparky the Dog's characterization in FoP came from his voice actor as a way to "flesh out the character"

>Daisuke Ono got into voice acting as a kid so one day he could become the voice of Jotaro in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. 2012 came and he was announced as Jotaro's voice actor in All Star Battle and remained his actor throughout the rest of recent JoJo media.

>According to Steve Blum, all of the lines in the game "Dragon Ball GT: Final Bout" were done in only one take; with bad takes being replaced by the original lines by the japanese voice actors.

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbookmovie.com/spider-man/spider-man_3/kirsten-dunst-spider-man-3-is-her-last-a1274
youtu.be/RFQTC_zc3VE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>According to Steve Blum, all of the lines in the game "Dragon Ball GT: Final Bout" were done in only one take; with bad takes being replaced by the original lines by the japanese voice actors.
that's not really trivia, that's just how dubs are generally done

Dumbass over here, this is meant to be a fun facts thread.

>In a way to announce a time shift for Inazuma Eleven, 4 shorts crossing-over with characters from Despicable Me were released

>At one point, Stan Lee went to Japan to learn better about how storytelling is handled in the comic books there. He ended up meeting both Tezuka and Go Nagai, the latter deeply impressed Lee who would remark him as being one of the artists that most impressed him besides Jack Kirby. Nagai would also draw sketches of Luke Skywalker for the release of Marvel's Star Wars comics in the east.

>Castle of Cagliostro is remarked as being the inspiration for Pixar's foundation. John Lasseter loved the movie so much, he invited (and convinced) a girl on his first date to go to his house and watch the movie with him, the girl would be his wife Nancy Lasseter

>Hayao Miyazaki used to hate CG Animation for how it was inferior to hand-drawn. He changed his opinion after watching Toy Story, and alledgedly crying during it

>Akira Toriyama's guilty pleasure is the movie Superman II. The Zod gang inspired characters such as Raditz, Vegeta and Nappa.

>Craig McCraken was bummed at the fact that was never invited to oversee and collaborate production in Demashita! Powerpuff Girls Z; also, Hiroyuki Imaishi (creator of TTGL and Kill La Kill) was at one point invited to coordinate the project, but left due to creative conflicts

>Monica's Gang creator Mauricio de Sousa used to be best friends with Tezuka with them most of the times exchanging letters and Mauricio having offered Tezuka to stay at his home during the time he was in Brazil. Sousa's studio is one of the few studios that can freely use Tezuka's characters having been granted a "lifetime permission"

Awesome thread OP, I wish I could contribute with more than a bump

>Superman II
>Guilty Pleasure

Music time!

>The reason why a lot of shows can't sing "Happy Birthday to you" directly and instead have made-up songs or knockoffs is because for a time, that song was copyrighted.

>Sting was hired by Disney to make songs for the movie "Kingdom of the Sun", a musical by the director of Lion King focused on Mayan culture. Sting made 8 entirely new songs with collaborator David Hartly, but only one was survived in the overall movie after the transition of becoming "The Emperor's New Groove". Some songs are lost even to this day, while the others were incorporated onto the OST. In order for him to accept the contract, Disney gave Sting and his wife the rights to make a documentary surrounding the movie, this would become the controversial "The Sweatbox"

>The songs for the shorts called "Captain Pronin" were made by a popular Russian musical group at the time called "Car Men", they would later be referenced as one of the foes Captain Pronin face in the short "Captain Pronin goes to USA"

>Heavy Metal band "Angra" were hired to do the brazilian ending and opening songs for Saint Seiya. The band's lead singer, Edu Falaschi, would later come back in 2011 to sing a new song for a feature movie of the franchise. (Also, the band is amazing, check it out)

>Chuck Lorre, the creator of Two and a Half Men and a writer for Roseanne, co-wrote the theme song of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. This is referenced in Two and a Half Men as Charlie Sheen's character is often hinted to have "made the theme song"

>Rick Astley did the backing vocals for the song "Can you feel the love tonight?" in the Lion King

>There was originally supposed to be a Spyro movie based on "The Legend of Spyro" that was going to have not only Elijah Wood play the titular character but also the band Gorillaz providing the OST. However Damon Albarn would eventually be dismissed for unknown reasons, and a year later, the movie was cancelled

It's illegal to like live action superheroes that don't wear helmets in Japan.

>Sleeps one day
>Suddenly Kazoos all over your pockets

I kek'd

>Schemmel
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

>The Daisuke Ono bit

Holy Shit

So Sparky is so shit, he had to have his voice actor flesh him out, holy sheet lol.

>>When Ryan Drummond couldn't keep his role of Sonic, he decided to do some training for Jason Griffith. Griffith and Drummond would then on become friends, with Griffith going as far as inviting Drummond for his wedding.

"What are you gonna do cancel us more?"

"Dick Tits"

okay I hated that cartoon, but that right there gave me respect for the staff.

>Akira Toriyama's guilty pleasure is the movie Superman II

Welp!

>Star Vs. originally had Star and Marco be normal kids who imagined themselves as anime characters. Star being Sailor Moon styled and Marco having a character model more akin to that of Teen Gohan, Disney execs recommended instead that Star should be an actual magical princess.

>In Camp Camp, David was at one point originally meant to have been revealed at first as a psychopath and later as a former secret agent. However Rooster Teeth decided to go against this idea thinking it would possibly make the show sink, though it would be referenced in Episode 8

>George Lucas at one point wanted Gainax to make a series of Star Wars anime shorts for the release of The Phantom Menace, while it couldn't be realized the idea of a proper animated short compillation would remain in his head and later become a basis for the Clone Wars series

>At one point in early drafts, the main journey of the Lion King was to have Simba find a way to resurrect Mufasa. Disney executives hated the idea and told the crew that Mufasa had to remain dead

>At one point in the 90s, Tom DeFalco wanted the characters of Ben Reily and Kane to remain supporting characters in Spider-Man.

>Marvel at one point made comic book adaptions for the Tokusatsu show "Taiyou Sentai Sun Vulcan" to sell in a tie-in for their version of this respective show. However, no american networks accepted the idea and both the comics and US show remain lost media

>Toei was gonna make Peter Parker/Spider-Man be a supporting character in a show focusing on Yamato Takeru (a japanese prince-samurai) being transported into the present day. Peter would've been explained as having moved to Japan due to an order by his boss J.Jonah Jameson to handle the japanese divison of the Daily Bugle. The show was never produced and instead, they decided to go onto making a japanese tokusatsu of Spider-Man

>Adding note to Japanese Spider-Man, Battle Fever J was co-produced by Stan Lee, and at first was a Captain America-themed tokusatsu

>He changed his opinion after watching Toy Story, and alledgedly crying during it

Some people decide they're going to do something with their life and that's that. Determination is a hell of a drug

>Yang was always with Barbara in Monty Oum's mind for an ideal VA. When he asked Barbara what she would like in the character she replied "Big Boobies"

>Kirsten Dunst only joined in to voicing MJ in the Spider-Man 2 game (the 1st and 3rd one had different voice actresses and only her likeness), and one of her requests was that the staff at Treyarch should "Tone down the boobs, please!" in her own words after she remarked they looked inflated.

>Sean Schemmel personally requested to alter the line "I'm the protector of the omniverse, the Super Saiyan Goku" to "I am the super saiyan, SON Goku". Claiming that by being stuck in this role he has become "The William Shatner of Goku"

>Marlon Brando originally did not want to have a large role in Superman, so he tried suggesting to Richard Donner to have the character of Jor-El appears a bagel, and later a green suitcase, in Clark's first interaction with the character so he could only dub it instead of acting.

>Pinocchio originally had Mel Blanc voicing Gideon John, Honest John's sidekick. Blanc had originally given the character a drunken expression, to which Disney heavily disapproved of, thinking it as a joke in bad taste. All of Mel's recordings were cut and only 3 hiccups remained of his voice work. (Yes, 3 hiccups)

>Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas was a voice actress for Sally, Charlie Brown's sister prior to her music career.

>When Ryan Drummond couldn't keep his role of Sonic, he decided to do some training for Jason Griffith. Griffith and Drummond would then on become friends, with Griffith going as far as inviting Drummond for his wedding.
I never heard of this. Now I'm imagining them goofing around as Sonic X Sonic and Adventure Sonic.

You can really see that he practised his ora oras all his life.

>Yang was always with Barbara in Monty Oum's mind for an ideal VA. When he asked Barbara what she would like in the character she replied "Big Boobies"
So I guess she was always destined to be shit

Another fun fact about Japan's tokusatsu Spiderman!

>Supaida-man was the first instance of a transforming hero summoning a giant robot to fight

>However after filming only 3 episodes the suit that made up the Leopardon (his mecha) was lost. This forced the company to use only stock footage of the robot. At the end of each episode a giant monster would appear, the Leopardon would fly in and transform, then instantly use its finishing attack and kill the monster in one hit.

probably the part where buzz learned that he's a toy hit him really hard

>Kirsten Dunst only joined in to voicing MJ in the Spider-Man 2 game (the 1st and 3rd one had different voice actresses and only her likeness), and one of her requests was that the staff at Treyarch should "Tone down the boobs, please!" in her own words after she remarked they looked inflated.
She has maximum high beams during most of the movies and no bra during half of them. What the fuck is she bitching about? I actually fapped to her nipples poking through her clothes in a scene way back when the movie was new.

Thanks for sharing that user?

I'm mostly noting that it's weird for her to complain about the model having big boobs in the game when she couldn't keep hers in check during the movie.

Why? Is Miyazaki just a toy for horny weebs?

>Spyro movie
Damnson

You gotta remember, Kirsten Dunst actually might be legitimately retarded.

Remember part of the reason we got the first Spidey reboot rushed out was that she wouldn't do a fourth movie unless Peter died and she had a Spider Baby: comicbookmovie.com/spider-man/spider-man_3/kirsten-dunst-spider-man-3-is-her-last-a1274

That woman isn't right.

i don't know it's the only thing that i could imagine being sad in the movie.
>Is Miyazaki just a toy for horny weebs?
>implying the old fart gives a fuck about them

Wasn't there a scene where she got all wet too?

Rare glimpses of business executives not being retarded.

>he was worried how the room service in his hotel filled each pocket of his pants with Kazoos.

top kek

Don't give up on your dreams, user

I mean yeah, Guiltt Pelasures até usually bad films. Not The case with 2

>At one point in the 90s, Tom DeFalco wanted the characters of Ben Reily and Kane to remain supporting characters in Spider-Man.

I'm conflicted, if he won that argument we wouldn't have Yost's Scarlet Spider but we also wouldn't have to deal with this psycho edgy Ben bullshit

Literally all you have to do is have the staff go in and rearrange shit in the room and do other little things to trigger his order autism but no, you have them put kazoos in his pocket. What a lame "prank".

thats such an anime thing

>>Star Vs. originally had Star and Marco be normal kids who imagined themselves as anime characters. Star being Sailor Moon styled and Marco having a character model more akin to that of Teen Gohan, Disney execs recommended instead that Star should be an actual magical princess.
Well thank fucking God for those execs

>Nagai and Lee are friends
Surprised this is the first I'm hearing of this, given my semi-obsession with both.

>Daisuke Ono got into voice acting as a kid so one day he could become the voice of Jotaro in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. 2012 came and he was announced as Jotaro's voice actor in All Star Battle and remained his actor throughout the rest of recent JoJo media.

That's bullshit, but I'll believe it.

>>George Lucas at one point wanted Gainax to make a series of Star Wars anime shorts for the release of The Phantom Menace, while it couldn't be realized the idea of a proper animated short compillation would remain in his head and later become a basis for the Clone Wars series

Mother of God. Can you imagine?

to be fair, if they were wrong all the time, the probably wouldn't have jobs.

So Star vs was just going to be Chuunibyou? I wonder if that's a coincidence or if the creators actually watched it.

A friend of mine used to curse the name of Defalco. Then he read that true story of marvel comics, and his outlook completely changed. Most of the time he blamed the shitty 90s marvel on Defalco, but after reading the book he saw that Defalco made a lot of moves to stop the worst of the bad ideas from hitting paper.

>Then he read that true story of marvel comics
Is this a book or something? I wouldn't mind reading it.

>>George Lucas at one point wanted Gainax to make a series of Star Wars anime shorts for the release of The Phantom Menace, while it couldn't be realized the idea of a proper animated short compillation would remain in his head and later become a basis for the Clone Wars series
He was too good for us. Why did you sell out to the Mouse, George? What did we do to deserve garbage like REBELS and RO?

Pretty sure it means only one read of each line all in one take.

>Joe Alaskey never saw any interest in The Looney Tunes Show, never coming back to do any of his characters before death
>in Looney Tunes Back in Action, Billy West was replaced as Bugs Bunny with Joe Alaskey after West got fed up with director Joe Dante for being unprofessional
>Jeff Bergman (Bugs, Daffy, Elmer) was initially replaced in 1992 after promoting himself as the new Mel Blanc, angering WB enough to not hire him again for 20 years until The Looney Tunes Show
>Greg Burson (Bugs, Yogi, Mr. DNA) was an alcoholic that drank himself to death after losing a lot of voice work and getting arrested in his home after allegedly holding women hostage
>Mel Blanc always paraded his son around as his true heir after he passes, never knowing that Noel Blanc never wanted to do voice acting

Where are you getting all of this info from, OP?

About a decade or so ago, I was a nerdy, teenage autist roaming around Comic-Con San Diego trying to "fight for" the Spidey Marriage.

I spent a full day going to panels and teasers for One More Day, arguing with fans and poo-pooing previews. Well, after doing that all day, I dragged my sullen ass to a back-issues booth and tried to catch up on the Sensational Spider-man issues I missed.

As I thumbed through Sensational Annual #1, I remember exclaiming aloud, "wow, that was good." A portly man in a Hawaiian shirt, and peppered beard and glasses walked past me, glanced at the title, flashed a knowing chuckle and then proceeded to bin dive through some silver age stuff.

I asked the guy, "Did you read this one? This is how the Spider-marriage should be written. Why is Marvel so dumb?" I was being a sperg.

The guy threw me a bone. "Oh really?"

"Yeah. They're perfect for each other and you can write good stories with a married couple. They don't have to end it."

He laughed. "Look, I agree with you," he said as he pulled the annual out of my hand and looked at the credits page. "But it all comes down to the writer and how much people are willing to buy into the stories. With Spider-Girl I tried my best to write a loving family because that's what I knew, but for many young guys, young writers, young readers... what do they know about that stuff? They certainly didn't buy it. With comics, and editors, and writers, and whatever--this stuff will change and it seems bad but you weren't there in the 90s." He laughed again and waddled away.

It took me a second to ponder it over and realize what had just happened. Tom DeFalco stole my favorite issue of Sensational right as I was about to buy it.

Holy shit, that's awesome.

>>Marge and Homer's french voice actors are married
They're pretty good too. They're one of the rare US shows I can still watched dubbed in French.
youtu.be/RFQTC_zc3VE

>The songs for the shorts called "Captain Pronin" were made by a popular Russian musical group at the time called "Car Men
No fooling? I always wondered why that robot was named Car Man

Everyone involved in the Spider-Man movies might be retarded, though.

Andrew Garfield wanted Spider-Man to be gay, just because

It was that same scene. Where Spider-Man is hanging upside down and they kiss in the rain.

>John Lasseter
>wife Nancy Lasseter
Does she have a cock? Because I always though John was gay.

Ignore her boobs.
IGNORE THEM!

>Inazuma Eleven
Why did you remind me of this?

Dunst has always been retarded and egotistic.

Also this is a neat thread, learned some new stuff so bump.

pffttt.

God forbid a woman doesn't want to look like a blow up doll

>During the time Back at the Barnyard was getting cancelled, the staff was aware of this fact due to word-of-mouth from several Nick employees. Actors started getting more looser in terms of acting and would generally just do blooper reels; in one of these bloopers, the cast started singing a made-up song called "Dick Tits", when they were singing Nick executives arrived at the scene, to which director Todd Grimes remarked "What you gonna do, cancel us more?"

Kudos Todd Grimes I didn't think anyone had the guts and balls to do that to the Nick Executives

She plumped up a little for the Fargo show on FX. It was exquisite.

No matter what he does, Craig McCracken just can't seem to be involved with any of the PPG spinoffs.