Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vmGeUieZcFY
youtube.com/watch?v=8nE1Hq68PsM
youtu.be/ROjvnF12xcA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He wanted attention

He just wanted a job

Autism

He had no problems, the world had a problem with him. What's so fucking hard to understand?

He had the Lou Blues.

He took the runaway entrepreneurial ideals of contemporary USA to their logical conclusion.

Too much of an alpha

Sociopathy, and a need to be not only productive but Respected for his drive. All he ever exhibits is drive, he grinds all damn day to get what he wants and really he dose what he does so that he can be told that his drive is not going unnoticed. That's why he always looks so elated when the woman (cant remember the name) compliments him on his work. Because hes done crazy shit just to get that one "nice job"

he couldn't keep his eyes from buggin out

i kept hoping bill paxton would kill him after the police interview

I'm glad he got away with it. I like to imagine he and his company is recording deportations and shit these days

They should call it 'DRIVE'

Capitalism

are there any other movies about sociopathic loners in the big city? Except Taxi Driver

None....He was just extremely ambitious & ¨Pragmatic..And was prepared to do the craziest shit to be #1

Insane in the membrane.

>Blackmailing your business associate for sex
>Pragmatic

he love milf bitchez that his fuckin problem

>>Blackmailing your business associate for sex
>>Pragmatic

He was. And clearly remorseless. Like i said above, very ambitious and ready to do anything to get what he wants. He wasn't mentally ill. Just extremely determined.
Unlike 95% of the population. At the end of the film he finally gets want he wants. Credibility & his own company.

he was just like donald j. trump

Wasn't even blackmail, he let her bid first pretty much

>he was just like donald j. trump
And guess what ? There's nothing wrong with that. If most people were as determined (obsessively so) as the likes of Trump or Gyllenhaal's character, we'd certainly have less depressed or poor people on this planet.

Take me for example, I'm not a billionaire but i'm very well off. I'm not a millionaire (yet) but getting close to making my first million. (in 2018 hopefully, if everything goes well & goes as planned).

How is that possible ? I used to be garbage in school. Had bad grades, low attention span (mainly because i was bored & felt like i was being brainwashed instead of learning important things in life). And yet, i've proved them all wrong. Though i may have been a "loser" a few years back, i've taken my revenge. How ? Determination. And when i say this, i mean REALLY determined. (i.e. as if my life was on the line).

I'm not saying that i can completely relate with Gyllenhaal's character (his motivations), but i can definitely understand why he was ready to do the things he did.

the difference is that trump received a small loan from his father. jake started from the bottom

>the difference is that trump received a small loan from his father. jake started from the bottom

True, however do you know how hard it is to stay on top? Or just to transform 10K into 500k ? Do you think anyone else would've be able to be in Trump's shoes ?

If that's the case, how come the majority of lottery winners end up being broke ? (70% according to statistics) or losing it all or at least half of their fortune after a while ?

Why ? Because they didn't earn it. And thus, do not understand the value, the sacrifices & the determination you have to have to make it all work.

autism and sociopathy

American Psycho

he didn't blackmail anybody. he offered to give her an advantage over her competitors in exchange for sex. you obviously don't know the definition of blackmail

Truly the greatest love story ever told, I wish a man would want me as bad as he wanted that news lady

Really this. Employers pay their employees for their physical labor, how is that any different? Not like women value their vaginas anyways.

Back to /r/incel

...oh I forgot

not everyone is participating in a game of maximizing their money

Except he started in an 80s Corolla with a Sony handycam.

This is actually true

Several probably have. But since they weren't Chad you ignored them completely because you're too entitled.

The world doesn't owe you a Chad. You should look at improving yourself.

What triggered you, the statement that sex work is sex work no matter the setting or the implication that women no longer care about their vaginas or what they do with them? Planned Parenthood exists dummy, women have been fucking carelessly or for money for a very long time.

brittle self identity
literally a supreme gentleman

>be a high functioning person with some valuable characteristics that aren't being utilised due to a lack of oppertunity
>have to live your entire life watching others less talented and less hardworking than yourself be given multiple opportunities through circumstance while you struggle to survive in the most basic ways possible

I'd do exactly what he did as well given the chance. This movie is basically summed up as such;
"Life and society is not fair, so I'm not going to play fair"

he reminds me a lot of Holden Ford in Mindhunter. Some sort of cross section of assburgers and psychopathy.

can we take a moment to appreciate ironically contracting a hack composer to make your cheesy by the numbers rags to riches score which undercuts the ruthlessness of his character?

Wasn't that the point? Instead if horrified, you feel inspired and stuff.
youtu.be/vmGeUieZcFY

yeah i mean it is the point, but i don't think it's supposed to make you feel inspired. I think it's supposed to make you feel dirty, like every inspirational story about a successful person starts this way. I just think that everyone in the production was in on this decision except the composer

also look at this fucking ape

Made me realize as a detective she was worthless, literally fucked up, did no legwork and was angry that the one person with answers didn't just throw them at her.

yeah all she'd need to do to pin him is her fucking job. Get a warrant for his computer and see that he had the footage of the license plate.

But she just thought she could chimp out in the interrogation and get an emotional response from a man with no emotions

He has emotions, during the first quarter of the movie he laughs at Danny Kaye on the television. Or maybe he is laughing because he thinks he should. What do you think?

Lou is complicated, i mean he's pretty sociopathic but something about his singular pursuit of success is redeeming. I would say that (like a lot of people say) his behaviors seem like they were all learned via youtube videos about success and corporate culture. Does he feel anger? yeah he gets pissed pretty easily. Does he feel joy? i think he does get satisfaction out of what he does otherwise he wouldn't keep doing it. But does he feel things like guilt or empathy? Humor is a form of empathy i guess, but for the most part i'd say that he definitely does not.

unironic kino
youtube.com/watch?v=8nE1Hq68PsM

the composer made this completely seriously

but the director knew this would be fucking weird in the context of the movie. Having this inspirational soaring song playing while he's talking about starting a company which exclusively deals in human suffering

oh shit I remember that scene

he's clearly corpsing, he looks off camera right before he laughs

but this piece was over a flyover of LA at night which fit perfectly

Being designed as a symbol for how capitalism encourages sociopathy rather than a fleshed out and realistic human being.

I believe Lou could feel empathy if he wanted, but somewhere in the past he chose not to. In the beginning he is shown as a thief in a ghetto apartment, it leaves one the question as to how he had fallen so low.
Part of how we percieve him as sociopathic isn't his selfishness or ambitious drive but his mannerisms- when he threatens Rick at the diner he does so in his deadpan, businesslike manner, but really it is no different than a boss yelling threats at an employee to motivate them.

he's definitely got issues though, either from his shitty situation or contributing to it. But i guess most successful sociopaths are actually really good at faking empathy

We don't know. They keep it vague, his actual problem isn't the problem, the problem is that he gets away with it.

Faking empathy is easy when you know the angle to reach the person.

t. soyboy

None. Do you blame a coyote for its nature?

youtu.be/ROjvnF12xcA

Your boss threatens to physically hurt you?

He wanted that mature lady’s pussy

Why was a man this driven unemployed and robbing people for a living? That's the unrealistic thing for me

GUESS WHAT SON? THATS WHAT HARVEY DID
did it end well to him?

autism. I always felt he was more autistic than psychopathic. Look at the way he talks with normies. he couldn't talk to a cop and ended up making himself look more suspicious, he couldn't talk the metal buying guy into getting him a job, i don't think he even managed to sell his footage on his own, he just happened to be in the right place at the right time and the lady just took the footage from him.

the only reason he outsmarted the spic was because that kid was homeless and was even stupider than Lou

plus another big autism trait is how little of anything he had, he drove a shit car, and lived in an apartment that looked just as empty as it did before he moved in. no decorations, just him and his computer stuff.