Why did Joss Whedon delete this scene?

>in the film it was blurred out

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z5rRZdiu1UE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because joss whedon is a fucking retard who will take literally any chance he has to make his shitty dreams come true

I find it hilarious that every single Ad for the film on Fbook right now uses the cut Snyder Footage and color grade. Can we set up a lawsuit for false advertising?

>Joss thinks Batman still looks to visible in this shot
>wants to somehow make him harder to make out
>"I KNOW! ADD MORE BLUR TO IT"

How did that retard get a career past TV?

I was actually thinking about this and if it would be possible, has anyone ever gone to a movie and sued afterwards for wrongful deciet or someshit

joss only likes shots of big dumb smirking faces.

>Sup Forums struggling with their delusion of Snyder's genius and the undeniable shittiness of this film has to consider every deleted scene nothing less than brilliant
Keep in mind that the story was basically identical between Snyder and Whedon's version, with some scenes deleted and added, meaning the incredibly stupid plot with Superman's pointless revival and the video game villain were all Hack Snyder's ideas. Whedon did little more than polish Snyder's unfinished turd so it was more like a Marvel film, which is a different kind of shit.

Im not paying to see this.

I'll wait until the snyder cut is released

Whedon is a subhuman libshit cucklet soyboi with more estrogen in his boady than Justin Trudeau has thc. He is a nu-male manchild crybaby dickless emasculated faggotpussy, basically a woman with a dicklet between his legs

>How did that retard get a career past TV?
Back when he was considered talented he was reigned in by directors/producers but now he's so famous that he's allowed to do whatever he wants his retarded ideas have begun to take over.

go back pls

>Batman standing on a statue of death

This is the cringe that permeated all of DCs shit to the point it ended up being embarrassing.

Were such a thing possible, I'd sue the Coen Brothers for shitting on the audience with No Country For Old Men.

But he committed sexual misconduct.

>back

Holy shit kill yourself

How did he get up there?

>all those soybois
Whedon could be among them and he wouldn't even stick out.

Sony created fake review scores for a Spiderman movie and had to give refunds to everyone (if you applied).

stick to capeshit kiddo

So another Lucas and Jackson situation, then?

>back
You should honestly kill yourself, soyboy. I don't think even you could come back from the terminally-low level of testosterone that you have.

>The absolute state of comicbook shits.

Story was fine. Steppenwolf invades earth, Bruce finds some pals, resurrects Superman and kicks the shit out of him. It's the execution that was shit. At least Snyder's movies looked pretty, had a good soundtrack and the fights had some weight. Justice League was like watching mix of an Arrowverse episode and a bad videogame cutscene. I'm actually dubious there were stuntmen involved at all.

Also, why does Joss blur out all the backgrounds? It irks me no end. Looks cheap.

>stick to capeshit kiddo
>capeshit

You are now aware that you live in a world, a terrifying world, where there are people right this moment who use terms such as "canon" and "cinematic universe" when talking about films and television shows.

A terrifying world where imagined characters on a screen are required, according to those who discuss them, to adhere to "ground rules" set out by the creators of said-characters. A terrifying world where those that discuss these characters and their actions, are actually enraged if said-characters deviate from the mannerisms expected of them, the mannerisms that may have initially been set in the pages of a comic book.

Think about that. A comic book. For children. Yes, pictures and words on the same page, which are meant to be read by children, that are actually read by adults. Adults who then bicker and express their frustration at film-adaptations of these comic books not being "faithful". Faithful to a comic book. That's supposed to be read by young children.

This is your world. This is the world of capeshit. Terrifying, isn't it? Your move. Kiddo.

>it's drawn pictures so it must be for kids

It's cheaper to tell a story if you print or animate it. The medium doesn't degrade the material.

Can I interest you in some porg plushies, my good numale?

>watches RLM
You are all the same.

>Steppenwolf
An incredibly generic and dull villain that makes some of the shitty and hammy villians in recent Marvel films look good by comparison.
>invades earth
Yes, not at all like Man of Steel, or The Avengers. How the fuck is this fine? This is the same standard capeshit garbage we've been getting for nearly a decade. Is using genrics plots ripped directly from previous films somehow okay when DC does it? Capeshit is capeshit, but people here don't even have the excuse that there's something bold or liable to be misunderstood like for BvS when it's such a standard, familiar, and mindless plot.

I got linked to a recent RLM video and... Jesus
Honestly more embarrassing to watch that sad attempt at condescension than anything else at this point - MLP, anime, and capeshit included

>gayest fucking movie
>snyder fanboy
seems about right

I'm aware Steppenwolf was a shit villain. As I said, the execution was poor. If they absolutely had to use him (personally I'd have preferred Braniac) they should have put Ciaran Hinds in makeup and let him actually act. Zod was perfectly effective, even though he was just a general in charge of a military invasion. The problem isn't that they had a bad actor or concept, the problem is that they literally just didn't let the actor act and that they took the concept at face value instead of exploring it.

I remember a woman tried to sue Drive for false advertising because it wasn't a Fast and Furious movie.

>that makes some of the shitty and hammy villians in recent Marvel films look good by comparison
You mean like two? Marvel villains are no different.

This.

They cut out 3/4 of Steppenwolf’s scenes, of course he was generic - he was massively underdeveloped

The funniest thing is how they literally only review capeshit and pretend to be above it. Have you ever seen them try to talk about classic or indie films? It’s fucking hilarious how uncomfortable and out of their depth they are

Literally neck yourself, you retarded niggerfaggot. Yes I'm mad.

>As I said, the execution was poor.
I see nothing in anything I described that could have been executed well, or if it was, it would be in spite, not because of the premise, which was very generic.
This is besides the point, which was that Snyder was responsible for some terrible aspects of the movie, and it's like there was a masterpiece, even unfinished, that Whedon ruined.

Now that's a lot of buzzwords

>Marvel villains are no different.
I'm thinking of the villain in the recent Thor movie, and then there's Loki. Again, capeshit is capeshit is capeshit, but Marvel at least can have better villains. Again, the point is just to show what mediocre elements clearly existed long before Whedon just made it more like a Marvel film.

joss whedon is a rotund fucking trash

who got that picture of everything that got cut?

I think it was real fucking lazy that Steppenwolf's plan was just like Zod's
Worse than copying Marvel

it doesn't have quips, there's no room for beautiful shots

need more quips and reaction faces

I just love how much that image triggers Sup Forumstards.

Is this from the new Kingpin movie?

Because Joss Whedon is a tin-eyed retard.

that one time in Predators where they had multiple target lights on Brody.

Muh vcr skits
Muh pseudocriticism
Muh exasperated groans in lieu of meaningful critiques

RLM has always been cringey nerdshit but the last year or two they’ve stopped trying and have become outright pathetic

Fucking perfect.

Too dark and gritty! Superheros are supposed to be light and fun! No black or grey on screen no skulls! Yuck! I love Marvels JL

>They cut out 3/4 of Steppenwolf’s scenes
Uh-huh. I'm sure he's an incredibly developed and interesting villain who was completely ruined by the studio. I bet the shitty fucking quips which you can see in the first trailer are also Whedon's fault, even though that was before he joined the project. This is besides the fact that Steppenwolf looks like a shitty video game villain. Maybe that's Whedon's fault too.

>"Too Dark"
>"Confusing"
>"Not Funny"
>"Edgy"

etc

Considering he probably did his adjustments to the color grading after the CGI was finished, yeah, probably. Whedon has no eye for shit like this at all.

>The greatest deleted shot in cinema's long varied history looks like a shit tier metal band's cover art.

Just looks like more capeshit faggotry to me.

Sure, it's just a matter of going to the courthouse and filing some paperwork.
You can take people to civil court for just about anything. Whether or not you win us another matter.

It’s easier to blame then to accept

Because WB mandated a 120 Minute runtime. Whedon had to cut more than an hour of Snyder's cut and reshoot scenes so what remains flow better.

The time is approximately 25 minutes past the hour. You have ten (10) minutes to prove, using citations from reputable sources, that I frequently visit the Sup Forums board.

Your time starts... now.

I mean it was never going to be a villain driven film given that they had six heroes to feature, but he certainly had more depth than what was presented
We know from the deleted scene synopses that he was meant to have a rivalry with Darkseid, that he was kept in a state of limbo from the ancient battle 1000s of years ago to the moment he reappears, that he’s attempting to communicate with Heggra within the motherboxes, that his death was meant to be witnessed by Darkseid and Desaad
That alone was enough to make him above the Ronan-tier nobody we ended up with. Again, the film didn’t require a particularly nuanced villain - just a formidable one

>there's some color grading in which Steppenwolf's design looks good
Snyder fags are beyond redemption.

>the people who care about capeshit are the same ones who shitpost about the first movie they ever saw that didn't play to shitty genre conventions

Makes sense

>Superheroes are supposed to be fun

I never get this part with people's views on DC.

Most of the main DC cast are literally GOD on earth. Is it a very different story in Marvel where mostly they are just people of stronger powers.

>to be a villain driven film given that they had six heroes to featur
Loki totally and completely shits on Steppenwolf in any version, and that an equally dense film. I can't believe I'm praising the trash that is Marvel and The Avengers, but so many apparently absurd perspective become cogent arguments when rightfully shitting on DC.

Damn if only it was some EBIC danny mcbride toilet humor instead...

Why do you take it so seriously? Do you really think RLM aspires to the level of academic criticism? Why do you expect it?

>RLM has always been cringey nerdshit but the last year or two they’ve stopped trying and have become outright pathetic

If it's so bad why are you still watching, and why have you been watching it despite disliking it for over two years?

Loki was onscreen for more than 7 minutes, of course he was a better villain. JL was supposed to feature Lex, Deathstroke, and a very fleshed out Steppenwolf with hints at a grand Apokaliptian palace intrigue with the New Gods. Instead we only saw Steppenwolf in fight scenes and the other subplots got cut completely

not a movie but people tried to for a video game called no mans sky
the steam and ps4 stores videos of gameplay were from the e3 demo that looked 100000 times better than the release, although I don't know what came of it

I watched one of their videos last week after a friend linked it in a groupchat. It was terrible, and you’re right I should know better, but it’s hard not to notice how smarmily they look down on capeshit while it’s also the only thing they watch and they have trouble fucking following it let alone critiquing it (these are kids movies, for god’s sake)

I know you're just uspet because deep down even a mouth breather like you can tell that a low brow comedy show like VP still has more heart, sincerity and is better directed than these shameful kids films you're too old to be obsessed about

I gave it up after he first season, so no, I happen to know EXACTLY how puerile and dweeby that show was, bud
Glad it’s over, some of the cast was pretty talented and it’s a shame to waste them on that

Based

>b-b-b-but MARVEL

...What?
Are you lost?
Wait, did you just see ‘toilet humor’ and your mind jumped to “MARVEL”?

Lmfao that’s hilarious

T H I S
H
I
S

lmao nah, whatcha do about it

same happened for alien colonial marines
people got a refund

>Most of the main DC cast are literally GOD on earth

>green lantern
>just one of a set of faggots that have to use fucking jewelry to do anything, the most powerful of them are just autists with overactive imaginations

>wonder woman
>literally created as a fucking bondage fantasy

>the flash
>one note superpower that is so boring they have to up his power level by giving him a new set of abilities related to superspeed

>aquaman
>"Wait a minute Superman, let me ask some of my friends if they've seen anything FISHY in the vicinity"
>telepathy noises

Give me a fucking break.

>ad hominem

>This butthurt because He fucked all your waifus

>attacking the tone

This

you're not allowed to portray skeletons in china

>Why did Joss Whedon delete this scene?
youtube.com/watch?v=z5rRZdiu1UE

I almost had to do the same, Baby Driver is not a pre/sequel to The Driver starring Ryan Gosling but is set in the same universe so my dad didn’t thing we had case

And it all began as a simple contrarian meme.
Won't change how bad these movies are.

It doesn't, i like it.

Now this is podracing

its literally 33% buzzword

its fuckin art

Everybody in that pic looks legit circus freak worthy.

OH NO NONO NONO

what's so epic about this shot anyway. In the end they still made Batman a fucking comic relief.

I wish I had saved those comics mocking him and his time with that cunt Sarkeesian. The dude is a fruitcake and yet he is picked to direct movies centered around the epitome of masculinity and power.

why does it trigger pol?

why were the reshoots distinctly different, not even just more bland but they were different color scales and everything. it was painfully obvoius where Joss went and Jossed up the tone of the film.

Reminder that these are the guys running around calling everyone soyboy.

Snyder is not a good storyteller, imo. I love Man of Steel and 300. Watchmen is okay but misses the point of the book. But dude makes some awesome visuals. Maybe he should just be a DP, dude has an eye for good shots.

Everything Whedon shot honestly looks like something out of a sitcom. Meh framing and bland colorgrade. I say this as a fan of Whedon's work. Dude is a much better writer than he is director.

Whatever soyboy