Why did normies think this was so funny?

Why did normies think this was so funny?
youtube.com/watch?v=CsGYh8AacgY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jJOwdrTA8Gw
youtube.com/watch?v=wq-KlpkfiJs
youtube.com/watch?v=i_dEtaNx2Vc
youtube.com/watch?v=wpVTORX_ifk
youtube.com/watch?v=CupN28y-K24
youtube.com/watch?v=OE8WzYNRPNU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It was funny when it came out. Then shows like (((Family Guy))) overused the style of humor and everyone got sick of it.

Spergtard here. I thought it was fucking hilarious.

You can't go wrong with a sane protagonist who just wants to be left alone in an insane world. Pretty good premise that still holds up to this day imo.

Because it was funny back in the day

It was in that weird transitional time between older internet humor and the bland shit today, it was funny then because it was more unique, then more and more people copied it. Same thing with Machinima films, Idiots of Garrys Mod was funny for it's time because it had a new twist on older internet humor, then the shit got beaten down and reshaped for mass production. And yes I'm a faggot for typing this shit out.

This was also funny until Reddit ruined it.
youtube.com/watch?v=jJOwdrTA8Gw

90% of you faggots weren't around but there was a time when Sup Forums was plastered with rage comics and image macros and everyone thought they were unironically funny.

Caaaaaaaarl

Maybe not long after / just before LOCKERZ invites

You just had to be there.

Nah, Llamas With Hats sucks ass.

>LOCKERZ

I almost forgot about that shit

the internet was a simpler, more wholesome place, where gore videos and rawr winrarz actually meant something

WAIT IS THAT STAMPER?

proto-Bojack Horseman

prove me wrong

You are normal

>6 years ago
>named my dog Charlie after this

This
Newfaggots will never get this

rage comics used to be 3 hand drawn panels and then one copypasta reaction image
the other website saw this and decided copying and pasting the reaction faces was good enough and the rest is history

that shithole has done nothing but cause people to work towards the best effort to upvote ratio rather than just making quality content for the sake of it

>back in senior year of HS my buddy and I would quote this religiously
>that was nearly a decade ago
>he's now married with kids
>I still waste every night shitposting here
where did it all go so wrong

lol i forgot the ending

BOAT NECTAR

>married with kids AND spend every night shitposting here

mang

It wasn't though, at all. I was in sixth grade trying to figure out why people thought this vid, that 'Shoes' video, and blurting out "i like pie" was roll on floor laughing hilarious. It's not. And I guess shit hasnt changed. Do you know what it's like being surrounded by people with autism your whole life? Who shack up in their room and play games all day, only cause society allowed them to, and then go on to land cush gigs with their parents help and a big smile on their face? Basically going an entire lifetime without lifting a finger, comfortably living in a suburban haze for 80 yrs straight? Do you know what it's like to actually have to stand in front of these people and let them continue living because there's nothing you can do about it? Because they're the majority, and society is designed to work for the lowest common denominator? No you dont i bet. Because you're probably one of them. The fact that mother nature didn't crush you autists early on, and you actually have a legitimate accepted place in society disgusts me

he mad

i hear the problem you have can be cured with a length of rope and a stool

I remember thinking the Angry German Kid video was the funniest thing 10 years ago, I also remember being a potentially twinkish emo kid, now Im a balding fatass.

No it doesn't, Americans have the protagonist using deadpan "pointing out weird things" humor as a replacement for real jokes way too much.

Actually Im a massive failure who is struggling to pay the bills, but I'm glad my post was the proper catalyst to get you venting. Feel better?

Yet here you are, posting with us on Sup Forums, willfully in denial of the fact you're no different.

Jesus

Lmao they talked funy and then there was a song XD

Oh boy, I can't wait to hear the master of humor share his wisdom on fucking Sup Forums of all sites.

>I wonder what the Annoying Orange guy is up to.

>quoted the room constantly with my only friend in high school
>constantly did tommy wiseau impressions
>laughed our ass off everytime someone said anything close to a line in the room
>completely disconnect from him the day after high school ended
>have never talked to him again
>cant even remember his second name anymore
why did you make me remember this Sup Forums, now i want to kill myself again

Good punchline

Hello, you've reached Arnie's Pizza Shop.

>ya ever hear the expression you meet an autist in the morning you met an autist but if you meet autists all day long you're the autist?

because this is literally the best place in the world right now. This is as free as it gets. You wont have discourse that you find here, and the freedom to express yourself truthfully anywhere else on the internet and certainly not in daily life. So when i find out that a good size of you behind the screen are in fact plebs with bad eyesight and Stewie sweatpants wearing cheeto eating American Dad watching empty souls, it can be disappointing. And I know it from how fired up posters get when their taco tuesday, Big Lebowski fridays, LAN party lifestyles get attacked, WELL into their twenties too )maybe even 30s). It only became popular and the norm to have no life in this millennium really. Christ, you guys even meet your future wives on xbox, and a good portion of girls enjoy that.

Trust me, at no point in my life was I EVER like you/them.

>that ratio of subs to views
Why is he still going?

charlie teh unicron was better

youtube.com/watch?v=wq-KlpkfiJs

kek i wonder if he's still sitting up in his house writing scripts for this. I wonder how much coin he makes

why? Because you lost one of your dumb suburban friends who had no future like you?

You were school friends. The same happened to me and a million other people.

this is the only one i kind of liked from that era, because it was so absurd

youtube.com/watch?v=5QzEoWeybp4

his main channel is doing pretty decent for a channel this old.

I think it's mostly kids and bots watching at this point

>tfw you're living life as a bot

comfy

another one that i enjoyed from that time. Not exactly the same line of humor, but still DIY
youtube.com/watch?v=ajg8QrSsr_A

I still think it's funny ten years later, you need to calm your autism

>Americans have the protagonist using deadpan "pointing out weird things" humor as a replacement for real jokes way too much.

that's probably because it's a good premise.

JUST

Implying old internet humour isn't actually kino
youtube.com/watch?v=i_dEtaNx2Vc

Remember when memes were shit like Bachelor Frog and Awkward Penguin

that video was the shit, that secretagentbob guy was prime kino

Same with Salad Fingers. Both were awful.

Anyone remember Bonsai Kitten?

*blocks your path*

hey now, Salad fingers was some 10/10 art. I dont know what the message was but there was something there

Reminder that this was a legitimate TV show.

>americans

Japan pulls this shit ALL the time.

School friends always fuck off. If you're a loser you can at best keep 1-2 good friends.

Sup Forums was also the source of cat humor and by extension all of the other "shitty grammar" animal memes

Goddamit you are 100% right; i have my ylyl folder from 08 and its fucking embarrasing. We used to find some really cringy and edgy shit unironically funny.

It was just how things were back then, we were a small group with a sense of humor that only we understood (still remember trying to explain to a friend what a meme was).

Reminder: The Simpson's golden era is still funny and holds up great.

We have records of the romans making dick jokes; some things are just ageless.

The creator of this recently had a kickstarter where he made a fuckload of money to make a feature length version of this 9 year old half assed cartoon.

I sure hope youre not in school anymore or we'd have the risk of another columbine on our hands

I wonder if he'll start making annoying orange political commentary when he realizes gaming videos are going out of style

>litterally me.

youtube.com/watch?v=wpVTORX_ifk
Is this still kino?

FREE MARKET ECONOMY MAN

Y'ALL NEED TO LEARN SOME ECONOMICS

Desmond the moon bear.

How did i get here?

THE END.

If all of you changed your ways we'd have no problem

i am a loser

What is it that you're afraid people don't want to talk about?

Detective Heart of America was better

WELL YOU NEED TO LEARN SOME DIE

well no shit, they were hilarious. but memes get stale, especially when happens. there are probably older ones that still hold up as funny today, but really, this site is just ahead of the curve in terms of memes. rage comics were getting thrown around on facebook about 5 years past their prime, and obviously anyone who used this site then just cringed at it.

also people have gotten older on this site since then, so your humor obviously changes as you grow up. I've been here since 2006-2007 myself. ;_;

Dump that shit. I need a blast to the past.

will you stop shitting on trostskyists, then? you fucking daft cunt

there's claiming the playground, and then there's being that shithead who hordes the stegosaurus, fuckbrains

explain bro

UNFIDGET YOUR SPINNERS YOU TRYHARDS

Not him but have an old school hit.

The newer Salad Fingers episodes are actually pretty well made

videos like these were the Spiderman and Elsa videos of the past

>It was funny when it came out.

FilmCow is probably the only popular internet humor that hasn't aged like shit. They still put out good content too.

>Mfw i still love it and thought i was unique and different

f-fuck you user

Maybe when they're not doing the awful lol so random humor that plagued that time. Just rewatched the John McCain and Ferret ones and they're not exactly awful but that could just be a bit of nostalgia on my part.

Damn you just awoken me to this and now I know why I never liked it. I didn't like Charlie the unicorn even back then. I was a pleb in other ways though, that family guy ipecac scene made me laugh so hard I stayed up til 4 am when adult swim reaired it just to laugh at it again. Also stuff with excessive swearing made me laugh my ass off.

>maybe I will staple it to you

it was a special time where you could make bank off being literally unfunny

Holy shit I forgot about that until now. What was the point of it?

It was you nigger

Youtubekino coming through
youtube.com/watch?v=CupN28y-K24

>newgrounds removed the original Numa Numa flash
youtube.com/watch?v=OE8WzYNRPNU
Fuck Tom Fulp

i miss boxxy