You know how heroes have a no kill policy? I think the two that come into mind are Superman and Batman

You know how heroes have a no kill policy? I think the two that come into mind are Superman and Batman.

Superman's no kill policy is stemmed around mercy and setting a good example for those who look up to him.

Batman's policy stems from policing his own sanity. He feels that if he kills, there's nothing stopping him from going mad.

But then you have Goku. His brand is less to do with altruism and more of a Martial art's mentality. "If I kill them, who else am I going to fight?" He prefers to give them another chance so that he can fight them again.

Are there any other heroes who have a "no kill policy" that's unique from Superman or Batman?

>Superman

>No kill policy.

What did he mean by this?

>"If I kill them, who else am I going to fight?" He prefers to give them another chance so that he can fight them again.

Confirmed for never watching Dragon Ball. He's killed a bunch of people.

not true, Goku during all of Dragon Ball and DBZ only killed like 4 people.

I know he killed people. Especially during the regular Dragonball arc.

But by the time he fought Piccolo Jr, he's been doing that less. And it stems from him becoming much, much stronger than when he was a child.

Goku killed a lot of people, granted when he was pretty angry, but he did.

Superman has killed before, but some user prefer to ignore this because it breaks the mold set up by All Star Superman and WHTMT. He just fucking hates it and tries his damn hardest to avoid (he probably has killed like, twice in his whole career: Zod and Doomsday).

Batman is just a massive autistic manchild that can't get over the fact that his daddy and mommy are dead and his psyche is so fragile, that he believes he will go mad if he does. He just isn't willing to do what is necessary to keep his home safe.

Spiderman is one of the few that really avoid killing entirely for reasons that are somewhat similar to Kenshin Himura's reasons.

Spider-Man is quiet literally traumatized by the very concept of death and believes that no matter how evil the person is to use your powers to kill people would be a very irresponsible use of them.

His kill count is going to sky rocket after Super's newest arc.

It's Zeno's whim though. Goku fucking up or not, Zeno will still delete shit.

How casual are you?

Batman studied under hippie monks, his dad was a doctor as in hippocratic oath, was educated as catholic. Why is so hard to believe some people are just more moral than you?

Life is sacred

He mean the real Superman.

But beating them to a pulp and inflicting permanent injuries is totally fine?

>forgetting the entire Red Ribbon Army

It depends on who is writing him. Morrison Superman would never kill anything short of a god of pure evil. Joe Casey Superman was a proclaimed pacifist and never threw a single punch in his entire run.

*Meant

Daredevil doesn't kill (usually) having to do with the whole Catholic upbringing and all. But his "code" isn't always a basis of the plot.

That implies user actually watched Dragon Ball. You know they didn't.

Which real one? The one that punched down Doomsday with the full intent of killing him? The one that killed Zod and his friends? Or do you mean the one that killed Imperiex by shoving him into the big bang?

>Implying

does batman do full medical work ups of the thugs he knocks out/ties up

What if one needs regular doses of medicine/insulin shots

I meant the real one, not the revisionist version.

Silver Age Superman is the best Superman. Golden Age threatened people but I don't think he killed anyone, did he?

>Grandpa Gohan
Not cool, man

I was wondering where the fuck frieza was then I remember Trunks was the one who offed him.

No, Harold does.

It's about relative power. Superman doesn't kill humans because that's pointless overkill for him. He can solve situations in any thousand ways other than intentional death. But if Doomsday and Darkseid come to town and are turning his friends and family into red mist, you best believe Clark will put those shitters into the ground.

>Batman's policy stems from policing his own sanity. He feels that if he kills, there's nothing stopping him from going mad.

I've also felt that Batman's no-kill policy was meta. If he faced a threat bad enough to justify killing, every hack writer would make their New Big Bad Guy worthy of being killed just to show how badassed he was.

The rule is to protect us.

>Batman's policy stems from policing his own sanity. He feels that if he kills, there's nothing stopping him from going mad.

I hate it when people try to force this meme. It's usually casuals or hacks who say it. Batman just thinks that every life has value and doesn't want even the criminals to die.

You should still be wondering where Freeza is.

There's always the old Samurai trope of killing blows being a sign of weakness for if one were truly strong they would not need them. I'm sure that's been used in Western media.

>The bunny
N-no! Goku put h-him on the moon. H-he's still alive!

>Spiderman is one of the few that really avoid killing entirely for reasons that are somewhat similar to Kenshin Himura's reasons.
Elaborate please.

Batman has killed in the 80s too, you pleb. DC was following the gritty and realistic route in the 80s.

Both Batman and Superman killing has been retconned since then, so neither of it counts. Just that Superman killing was badly done that DC had to pull some shit from their ass to retcon it.

Under the Red Hood establishes it at its climax and it fits Batman's character a lot more than "but think of all the good that the Joker has done for the world".

Also killing people is gonna make Gordon turn on him fast.

there's a few characters here and there who don't kill because circumstances make it that anyone they kill gets sent to hell or has their soul destroyed

then there's 'I killed a fuck tonne of people and this vow to never kill again is the only thing keeping me sane' like rurouni kenshin

I like Cass Batgirl's. She doesn't kill because her preternatural empathy makes watching someone die feel like she's dying herself. any kill is also a suicide

the moon Roshi blew up a year later

also kills his own friends king kai, bubbles and gregory

Prior to the reboot, Cassandra Cain had a very solid code against killing. One that was even stronger than Batman's, because she didn't even want the state killing people.

Most heroes will try to avoid killing people and if it's left to them as a choice, they'll always choose to not do it, but if they think they have no option, then they'll kill. Of particularly note: The Legion of Superheroes, Daredevil, Spider-Man, most of the X-Men, everyone in the Empowered Franchise (save for Deathmonger), Green Arrow (when he's not torturing people), and The Flash (unless you murder his wife and then you pray he ONLY breaks your fucking neck).

I haven't paid any attention to the new shit, does Orphan (I wish to go against my own code vs killing because of how shit this name is, but I don't have one), the current iteration of Cass, have the same shit going on? I wonder if she can also punch through Kryptonian defenses.

No, Goku only stopped because he learned from Kami to value life more and because he'd still be able to fight them again.

He has no qualms about killing when he absolutely needs to.

Piccolo

the moon's been blown up more than once

>Doomsday and Imperiex

Even Morrison Superman makes exceptions for beings like Darksied and Mandrakk. There are bad people and then there are monsters.

>Zod and friends

John Byrne's run is best left forgotten.

The one that killed those 3 Kryptonians and Doomsday?

The entire Green Lantern Corps have rules against killing. In fact, their rings are designed so they can't be used for lethal force.

This restriction was removed in response to the Sinestro Corps War.

God, Invincible is such shit.