Reminder that net neutrality is a scam by liberals to censor the internet further

Reminder that net neutrality is a scam by liberals to censor the internet further

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/_/search/image/2azZKmikCV5qnfhkzH0Nsw/
archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/image/Kce8PJPtrszQ0zEx77Fahw==/page/1/
archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/image/Kce8PJPtrszQ0zEx77Fahw==/page/23/
cnet.com/news/telco-agrees-to-stop-blocking-voip-calls/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comcast_Corp._v._FCC#The_FCC.27s_new_net_neutrality_rules
fortune.com/2009/04/03/group-asks-fcc-to-probe-iphone-skype-restrictions/
wired.com/2011/01/metropcs-net-neutrality-challenge/
businessinsider.com/verizon-blocking-google-wallet-2011-12
washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-tech/post/fcc-fines-verizon-125m-for-blocking-tethering-apps/2012/07/31/gJQAXjRLNX_blog.html
freepress.net/press-release/99480/att-blocking-iphones-facetime-app-would-harm-consumers-and-break-net-neutrality
savetheinternet.com/blog/2013/09/18/verizons-plan-break-internet
pcworld.com/article/169079/ATT_Blocks_Sup
rt.com/usa/397163-verizon-admits-throttle-netflix/
cnet.com/news/verizon-temporarily-blocks-some-Sup
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verizon_Communications_Inc._v._FCC_(2014)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Where did you hear that, thedonald?

Elaborate.

t. corporation linked to Ajit Pai which will benefit tremendously from the end of Net Neutrality

>shilling for something that's against your best interests just for the sake of being a contrarian

fuck you, you goddamn idiots

Thats a hilarious image though.

Daily reminder that the "net neutrality" that the left is dying for is a mangled monster that is a twisted version of NN and George Soros supports it.

archive.4plebs.org/_/search/image/2azZKmikCV5qnfhkzH0Nsw/

>this guy has been spamming this picture since 1am

as long as it gets amerimutts and mexicans off Sup Forums then i'm happy

I've tried to read this post 3 times abd I don't fucking understand what you're trying to say.

Pfft, that's nothing

archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/image/Kce8PJPtrszQ0zEx77Fahw==/page/1/
Witness the power of autism.

Current NN is a fucking twisted monster
George Soros supports it

Did you accidentally buy the $4.99 contrarian add-on package?

>tripfag
He's doing it for attention daysue.

so is this guy being paid to spam this?

/ourguy/

>Sup Forums - Television & Film

archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/image/Kce8PJPtrszQ0zEx77Fahw==/page/23/
For two years?

A E S T H E T I C

I don't fucking understand these photos. Did they just cram them with ebin memes and try to sway shitposters, or are there actually autistic contrarians that think this is good?

That is literally the dumbest thing I've ever heard

jesus christ you retards really will believe anything you read on Sup Forums

It won't, buddy. We're gonna have a long, happy life together!

Google and Netflix Jews are afriad they will have to finally pay their fair share.

>americans will leave an american website

I don't think it's an attempt to further censor the internet, but these regulations are pointless, and should indeed be repealed.

It's really funny to see the libtards in this threads so clearly butthurt by such blatant shitposts. Seriously, get over yourselves, or at least don't make your outrage so obvious.

Bullshiiit. If you do any reading on the actual bill you'll realize it was designed purely to give huge corporations an edge and further fuck citizens like (You) over. Don't worry though, those Verizon bucks will trickle down eventually friend!

Reminder that you are defending massive corporations no matter what, so you can't use your shitty "my side vs your side" tribal logic like you usually do and you have to actually look at the arguments themselves instead of the people making them. You either side with Facebook, Google, and Twitter or AT&T, Verizon, and Comcast

>further
What is American internet censorshipo like? I can't find any examples.

>shitpost
People do actually believe this shit.

If anything, wouldn't ending net neutrality mean the death of cable because of all the internet streaming sites (the legal ones like Youtube, Netflix, Amazon, AMC, HBO etc.)? The way I see it, I already pay $50 for cable to watch my favorite shows, so if cable dies, I'll be paying $50 to access my favorite streaming sites and other stuff anyway. So financially speaking, I am not better or worse off than before net neutrality, unless I unsubscribe from social media sites, but I would assume people with no friends or social life would want to do that.

Look, I'm just TIRED of all these fucking POLTARDS ruining the board my internet my society. HAHA YOU SAID NIGGER YOU'RE SO EDGY

*blocks progress*
*blocks globalism*
*blocks niggers*
*blocks cunny*
*blocks anime*
*braises kek xdxdxdxdx*

FUCKING POLVUMBLRTARDS I'BV FUCKING DONE

>defending kikery
Fuck off, kike-enabler.

This pretty much. I side with the ISPs. I say let them do what they want. Competition will keep prices low.

>if you read the bill
No one has, but I know one thing NN wasnt there before and things were just fine.

Doesn't matter. These are obvious shitposts, and if they make you mad, you should reevaluate your sensibilities.

>posting literal reddit boogeyman propaganda

2005 - Madison River Communications was blocking VOIP services. The FCC put a stop to it.
cnet.com/news/telco-agrees-to-stop-blocking-voip-calls/

2007-2008 - Comcast was caught throttling P2P traffic. FCC demanded them to stop, but Comcast filed an appeal and won in 2010.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comcast_Corp._v._FCC#The_FCC.27s_new_net_neutrality_rules

2007-2009 - AT&T was having Skype and other VOIPs blocked because they didn't like there was competition for their cellphones.
fortune.com/2009/04/03/group-asks-fcc-to-probe-iphone-skype-restrictions/

2011 - MetroPCS tried to block all streaming except youtube.
wired.com/2011/01/metropcs-net-neutrality-challenge/

2011-2013, AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon were blocking access to Google Wallet because it competed with their bullshit.
businessinsider.com/verizon-blocking-google-wallet-2011-12

2012, Verizon was demanding google block tethering apps on android because it let owners avoid their $20 tethering fee. This was despite guaranteeing they wouldn't do that as part of a winning bid on an airwaves auction.
washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-tech/post/fcc-fines-verizon-125m-for-blocking-tethering-apps/2012/07/31/gJQAXjRLNX_blog.html

2012, AT&T - tried to block access to FaceTime unless customers paid more money.
freepress.net/press-release/99480/att-blocking-iphones-facetime-app-would-harm-consumers-and-break-net-neutrality

2013, Verizon literally stated that the only thing stopping them from favoring some content providers over other providers were the net neutrality rules in place.
savetheinternet.com/blog/2013/09/18/verizons-plan-break-internet

pcworld.com/article/169079/ATT_Blocks_Sup Forums_Stirs_Internet_Hornets_Nest.html

2017, Verizon caught throttling customer data in direct violation of FCC Net Neutrality rules
rt.com/usa/397163-verizon-admits-throttle-netflix/

>>Competition will keep prices low
My sides

There's too many layers of irony and genuine stupidity / shilling in here. I'm out!

Nice try fcc

I keep seeing people post these hypothetical doomsday scenarios, but I don't see any reason to believe they'll actually do this, and if they do, there will be such public outcry they'll have to change it back.

Sarcasm is dead, nigger. Anything done ironically is eventually done seriously. We can't give people the benefit of the doubt anymore, the internet has changed.

I honestly see no reason why companies shouldn't be allowed to do any of this stuff if they want to.

2010, Verizon was caught blocking Sup Forums and outright admitted to it

cnet.com/news/verizon-temporarily-blocks-some-Sup Forums-sites/

2014, Verizon sues the FCC again when they try to rework their guidelines after losing the 2010 Comcast lawsuit. The FCC loses again, and this is what leads to demands for NN to become enforceable by law

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verizon_Communications_Inc._v._FCC_(2014)

Does this mean my Internet tubes will be unclogged?

Why risk it? Why even give private companies the opportunity to fuck you? You don't think it'll happen but there will come a time you'll be paying extra just to use steam

>public outcry

you realize that the ISPs have regional monopolies/duopolies right?

Why don't you just browse an image board from your [third-world]country?

Its funny how liberals that want to and do purge anyone right of center from social media monopoly platforms warn that this will have some censorial effect on the internet. Hung themselves with their own rope on this one, and plastering the first 3 pages of reddit with a Soros-supplied warning image won't take back their crimes.

>ISPs
>competition
Guess how I know you're not American.

As an oldfag I find that the scariest part. At some point this site went from a bunch of people pretending to be retarded, to a bunch of people that are mostly actually retarded. It's kind of weird when someone starts literally sperging (i.e. you can tell they believe their BS) out about shit that doesn't really exist outside of this place.

Reread that post and tell me you don't across as mad as fuck, and then consider whether there's any reason I shouldn't laugh at you. I didn't want to make my post political, and I would fully admit that at least here, conservatives, or the alt-right are more likely to come across as asspained because of their politics. I said, "libtards," because it's extremely obvious that it's those people and only those people who would look at these shitposts and get so flustered.

see

are you only capable of appealing to hypocrisy or do you have any real arguments?

>people think ISPs will suddenly change how the internet package works on the consumer's end
>putting that much strain on the already taxed call centers
>they don't realize that will mean ISPs will charge sites like youtube, reddit, google, netflix and twitch or else their users get throttled thus killing ad revenue
So in case you fucks didn't know, Netflix's streaming is extremely unoptimized and drains an extremely high amount of bandwidth for no good reason other than their code monkeys being lazy fucks. NN being gone means Netflix fucking pays what it owes. You're seeing a lot of bitching and fearmongering because those companies are paying shills to whine about NN. And then you got a lot of people falling for it hard
There's no money to take the effort and try to limit the billions of other sites when you can just simply throttle the big bandwidth drains and let the billions of small fries carry on.

The old days were so much better. Irony has given way to genuine stupidity.

>oldfag
>literally sperging (i.e. you can tell they believe their BS)

Nice use of the MSM talking point
>At some point this site went from a bunch of people pretending to be retarded, to a bunch of people that are mostly actually retarded
as well

>when someone posts your post
Gosh!

The internet is a privilege, not a right.

They have every right to alter it anyway they please.

>Why even give private companies the opportunity to fuck you?
Because it's their right. If I don't like it I'll stop paying them.

It's a smaller number than you think, but if anything, that's the problem that needs to be fixed. Not net neutrality.

Not him but he's absolutely right and if you think that's a "MSM talking point" then you haven't been paying attention to this website at fucking all.

>2010, Verizon was caught blocking Sup Forums and outright admitted to it
And people complained and they undid it.

So NN is why my internet is slow now? Those normie fucks keep bottlenecking the tubes with their Jewflix and Jewtube. I hope it gets repealed.

>Anything done ironically is eventually done seriously.
I'm going to repeat what I said again and say that these are shitposts and it's pathetic for you to get mad. Ideally, you shouldn't get mad regardless of how genuine is something you disagree with, but this clear sarcasm/shitpost. It's not even b8. You are getting mad at something somebody made as joke that is deliberately supposed to be seem stupid and simplistic.

This.

>putting that much strain on the already taxed call centers

Good joke, you think COMCAST cares about call centers? They'll just make people wait an extra few hours, who the fuck cares? Stop shilling.

It sure has changed a lot since way back in 2015 huh newfag?

You're incredibly naive.

Wtf is this? Are we being astroturfed?

Lemme guess, you remember framed browsing and using "bump" as the email? When people would unironically use XD and say threads were epic and legendary? And using demotivators was hip and trendy?

You want to go back to those days where you thought you were the hottest shit on the planet, no one was smarter than you and the illusion that the machine wasn't dying hadn't been shattered yet? Fuck off nostalgiafag, you fucking big league chew piece of shit.

t. someone who's been here longer than you, your call back to nostalgia is a damn logical fallacy and you know it

???

The fuck are you talking about? Is your reading comprehension that awful? I find it hilarious that you can't even read reply chains and you're calling others newfags.

Trump will finally drain the cyber-swamp

At this point trolling and shilling are basically the same thing.

I DARE anons ITT to make an argument against NN other than "I don't care" or "it doesn't matter". Give me reasons why it should actually be repealed.

welcome to polnigger country

sage

Why is net neutrality so popular? Do people actually like subsidizing neckbeards who torrent 24/7?

Yes, I'm incredibly naive at not getting mad at something I believe is a shitpost. OP is clearly a shill for the ISPs and his post is a nefarious and cunning attempt to further the destruction of Net Neutrality. Only someone who's naive could possibly not believe this and think OP is just shitposting. Only a stupid fuck would at this point think I'm being sacastic.

internet access should be a utility for all free people such as water, electricity, housing and health care should be

certain necessities of life should not fall under the profit motive

this is zero levels of irony and absolute truth

I'm glad you agree.

It'll bring back the old interwebs

He's right.

Well because uhmm... uhh liberals and uh... muh trump and uhhh...

But seriously, what point where you trying to make? Are you actually b8ing like now, unlike OP?

>necessities of life

>pro-NN argument

>starting up an ISP is not the equivalent of starting up a small business, it requires a tremendous amount of capital and technological expertise, not even Google was able to pull it off and even if you could the ISPs in the US control so much of the market that they will crush any startups anyways.

>anti-NN argument

>TRUMP SAID GOOD SO IT'S GOOD. GOOGLE BAD, NETFLIX BAD, GOOGLE AND NETFLIX SAY BAD SO IT'S GOOD. ZUCKERBERG BAD, BUT MARK CUBAN OKAY. EVIL CORPORATION BAD, BUT ISPS OKAY. REDDIT BAD, REDDIT SAY BAD SO IT'S GOOD. REDDIT SAY OXYGEN GOOD, ME SUFFOCATE SELF

ISPs are private businesses, and the government has no right to tell them how they're allowed to make their money. The free market will provide what's best for all involved.

Why is having nice things such an offence to you?

By costing another hundred dollars to access the big ones? You're betting a lot on average people abandoning their favorite sites, which could very well include this one, mind you.

>Lets make the government say which network packets have priority.
>spam should be treated the same as emergency services data.

Net neutrality was always doomed for failure because people don't understand a goddamn thing about how networks operate.
You can't solve what is essentially a technical problem with simplistic liberal/libertarian slogans
DUDE NET NEUTRALITY IS FOR THE FREE INTERNET BRO.
ISP COMPANIES JUST WANT TO CENSOR THE INTERNET.

Aren't they the same ppl sucking google cock just so they get google fiber?

So then normal people don't have subsidize people who torrent or watch netflix all day.

I seriously hope NN gets BTFO

normies will get BTFO
reddit will get BTFO

if anything websites will only be consolidated even further because ISPs will now have a profit motive to promote media owned by their parent company, and oppress their competitors

>ISPs are private businesses, and the government has no right to tell them how they're allowed to make their money
Not true, not an argument.

Less poor people on the internet is a good thing.

You already admitted you're naive, that was my whole point friendo. My only advice is to lurk more.