Remember when Family Guy was kind of okay?

Remember when Family Guy was kind of okay?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3wtYHME5BK8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no it always sucked

same with south park

Unlike The Simpsons which always fucked.

You could say it always Chucked.

Fox Sunday has always been a mix of fucking and sucking, but The Simpsons is the one that planted the seeds of all these shitty """adult""" cartoons.

it's still one of the most red-pilled shows though

great seasons

It still is

youtube.com/watch?v=3wtYHME5BK8

Seasons 1-3 pure kino.

It's funny. Chalie Chaplain changed the world and after a it was changed and people were used to it, people started going "meh". Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin were the beatles before the beatles came.
Steve jobs changed the world, now we hold up our iphones and say "meh". The point is, once we get used to stuff, we become assholes

you've just reminded me that i haven't watched the last 10 episodes yet.

thanks bro. downloading now.

formerly Sneeded?

Np Reddit !

I wish Stewie would have an actual gay crush and try to get in a relationship with a dude. How it is now is he's straight, except for jokes. Just pull the trigger, Family Guy, you actually try to be shocking. have the gay baby be in a relationship with a dude

I actually couldn't hold myself with that one. Their plots are retarded but many times in a good way.

If you consider Family Guy a sketch comedy show, with the flashbacks being sketches, it's the best of it's kind on television.

Literally better now than it was in the mid 2000s.

I think the writers ran out of their good jokes
>holy crip he's a crapple
they had been waiting to use, but now it has forced them to be more creative and it works.

>replies with "Np Reddit!"
>literally outs himself as reddit

Why do you need a baby to be in a relationship? Why do you need the baby to be gay? Take a look at yourself man

They try so hard to push that he's bi/gay, but they're afraid to take that step. Every "crush" he's had has been on a chick, it's really cowardly. at least Roger is an alien and he's made out with other guys, that's commitment.

You mean now?

Seth is an absolute hack

dude hasn't written for his shows in a decade, he's paid to come to the studio to record his lines and sing

The first season of Family Guy is about the adventures of a comically misguided but well-intentioned father (who has a humorous obsession with television) trying to do his very best for his growing family.

The rest is not.

True, the first five seasons or so are pretty good. I can't fucking stand a show that is so meta and detached from itself it's not even really a show anymore. I like a show with heart, and family guy is heartless most of the time. Can still be funny on occasion when it doesn't go for the lowest of the low brow

that's why i appreciate it, it strings together a bullshit plot just so it can call itself a show. different writers try different types, and it usually doesn't work, i'm glad they use any opportunity to jab at something or reference an everyday pet peeve. i want a comedy cartoon, i don't need a series, a serial, a drama, or continuity. the characters aren't interesting enough to carry a plot

It's just so bizarre when you compare legitimately tender moments, like Lois' beautiful season 2 speech about the juxtaposition of people cheering for her singing against how no one cheers for her work as a housewife in keeping a household together, to the more contemporary Lois lines in which she talks about how crystal meth helps her come to terms with Peter regularly killing people or whatever.

Like, if material thematically comparable to that of season 1 (and early season 2) was still being regularly produced, I would love to watch the show; I'd do so eagerly. But it's not. And I just can't understand why they felt the need to change the formula.

ran outta content, you know? consider they had a "hiatus" after season 3, came back year(s) later and had a different writing team. Futurama sucked shit after season 4, the movies were...tolerable, and then another hiatus and then season 6~7 were unfunny "trying to be futurama"

>came back year(s) later and had a different writing team
I didn't know that they had different writers when they came back. I suppose that that explains some of it. But, it doesn't explain - to me - why Seth would allow that, if he ever cared about the show in the first place.

Do you know that those early episodes are so iconic and so easily recognizable that people, to this day, recognize Norm McDonald just because he voiced Death in one episode of the second season? He mentioned this in a podcast about a year ago - and that episode was first aired 17 years ago. Letting a show with that kind of recognizability and staying power so radically change directions doesn't seem like something that the show creator would willingly do, you know?

I'm fascinated with how, no matter how garbage something is, the passing of ages will make shit from the past look good out of pure nostalgia mixed with a sense that old = good.
Family Guy came out, and its humor was garbage. "Remember that time when" humor, edgy grossout scenes and shock value in lieu of jokes, and a constant feeling that the author was mad at the Simpsons for not being "extreme enough", but lacked a iota of the talent necessary to fill in that void.

It was the show of choice for 13 year olds who thought they were really slick watching a show filled with swearing without their parents noticing, and it was laughed at as a childish jokeless version of the Simpsons since the very first episode.

Then, 10 odd years later, and suddenly "No man, the first seasons were the shit I swear" is the dominant opinion.
Because it's old.
So it's good.

Family Guy always felt like American Dad without plot to me.
Though I've seen people also expressing the opposite opinion.

It's not "the first seasons". It's "the first season".

Describe your life with a fg quote:

>"I'd be more apathetic if I weren't so lethargic"

This episode was pretty much the breaking point.

Calling that thing "the breaking point" is like calling The Lobster "a little much".

You're a soy boy. Try drinking less jizz.

Who else but Quagmire?

I read that in Quaqmire's voice! xD

No, it's always been utter shit.

This was fucked

>It's a tv trope thread

Early Family Guy episodes are almost unwatchable now, though not good the newer episodes are at least weird and crazy

This season is pretty good actually.
They really took a positive turn in terms of writing and creativity

There are entire episodes without laughs. The chicken fight thing wastes 4-5 minutes and ruins the episodes. But where it's more fast-paced like Road to the Multiverse it works.