Lowest ratings since s2. can this show be salvaged? what needs to change?

lowest ratings since s2. can this show be salvaged? what needs to change?

Cancel it

I genuinely have no explanation for why, but I hate Rick's team and want them to lose. I just don't feel like rooting for them. I feel like the main characters have no charm anymore.

It's because this entire conflict is their fault. They attacked the Saviors first and they only did so they could exploit the Hilltop themselves. After killing dozens of Saviors Negan kills 2 of their people and takes their weapons. That's getting off real fucking easy. Then there's the fact that they've robbed a neutral village of widows and orphans to steal weapons to fight Saviors. They are the real villains of this story. Then there's the fact that after doing all this and more they are trying introduce this stupid conflict between killing all Saviors or letting some live. The whole thing has been terrible and stupidly drawn out.

Make Negan the main characters alongside Rick. Make them a good cop / bad cop team.

Kill Daryl.

Fire the writing team. Hire a new writing team.

Fire the directors. Hire new directors.

introduce actual weather and day/night cycles into the show. 8 years strong and it feels like one long summer day.

The writing was always bad, but now it's genuinely terrible. The show should've never been about this tribal bullshit or "man after society," there's tons of good media that does it better. Give me dudes fighting zombies. Maybe a season or two where they try and not fight zombies but end up fighting them anyways. The walkers in The Walking Dead have become set pieces rather than actual threats and that's a fucking shame in zombie media. I don't give a fuck about this Downton Abby bullshit drama.

My truthful opinion is that this season has been completely based on the war, and hasn't had time to grow on characters or anything. It's just battle battle battle. A lot of the reason I still watch the show is because of the character growth and development, which this season has heavily lacked on. For lack of better word, this season has become.... boring.

jerry is the reason i stopped.

there's not a single person who can unironically say jerry is good

Can someone tl;dr this show right now? Haven't watched it since prison season.

i cannot believe people still watch this show
it got so old

they just repeated the prison season but in different locations every year

The show has long relied on main characters behaving in the stupidest fucking ways so that they can introduce the next death/cliffhanger/drama and while everyone makes a bad call sometimes these assholes behave in utterly unbelievable ways. The whole "we can't kill our enemies" thing, at this point, is infuriatingly retarded and honestly I only watch now because I want to watch every single "hero" die.

ricks group, maggie at hilltop leading them, and the kingdom. a multiethnic group of strong men and wamen fighting the white supremacist group led by negan

it doesn't get any better ever, with the second half of this season dealing with the creepy whisperers. Any hope for something different has to be with S9, if there is one.

Hire the FTWD crew to make OC, the part of comics that the main show is following right now is absolute garbage and does not translate well to tv. Fire the showrunner and the writers in TWD.

>negan
That's the joker from watchmen? Sounds like he's the good guy.

thats actually the problem with the show. they are trying so hard to make people root for ricks group but the truth is negan has brought a stability that kinda makes people want rick to stop. but because this is a feminist show negan has to be the bad guy. it's just a subconscious disconnect people have with how the characters are being written

is the show contractually tied to the comic, or does the writer have creative control over the show?

I stopped watching this show because it got boring. I don't know why. The undead are only a good villain when their opponents don't treat them as a chore.