Wheel of Time /WoT/ General

Its being made into a TV Show.

I admire your persistence OP. Almost as good as that AVATAR user.

who will play tuon?

I tried reading the first book, I never managed to finish it. It was boring garbage.

to be honest i've missed a few days recently but its the thought that counts

>it’s an Egwene is a staggeringly shameless hypocrite episode

did you read the prequel in mistake or eye of the world?

>It's a busty Elayne wants to fuck an old man's cock episode.

I can't wait for the WE posting
>I'm a strong independent womyn of color who don't need no MAN to rule!

Just think of all the inbuilt diversity and females in positions of power, it's a perfect recipe for /poltv/ shitposting

you know tuon is white right?

On March 2018, I gonna start reading The Wheels of Time books. Will I make it?

mate it literally takes years to properly read and absorb the books

i got up to the 6 or 7 before i quit from boredom

Please don't.

He literally spends 1000 pages in the books doing what other authors could do in 500-700 .... he doesn't fills pages with NOTHING

not liking how each tapestry is described in the aes sedai's chambers who is a character only featured in that chapter

Tugs braid

eye of the world.

no hope then pick up the next got book probably suits you more

How do you properly communicate to the audience what a warder or aes sedai is sensing because of their bond? Example: A warder senses danger and wants to tell their aes sedai to be cautious; how then does a director show the audience what is transpiring in the two characters minds?

Can't wait for the comedic scene where two channelers are battling and the music is blaring then we cut to a quiet scene where a passerby says "why are those two women staring at each other".

have them look at each other and smirk slightly

>it’s a Rand finally snaps and tells Egwene to stop being a fucking cunt episode

just simple dialouge

also most of the lore will be covered by the girls going to the tower regarding magic and moraine teaching them in eye of the world

have a warder and another character next to him

"i sense "insert aes sedai" is in danger, hurry we must go"

still no news about anything related to it, why are you making a thread about it ?

they are literally shopping it around to different networks to see who will pick it up

>Netflix gets it

i was hoping amc doesn't netflix already have witcher?

who's doing the lotr show?

maybe amazon flagships it that would be cool

What I'm going to love is autists will hate this show. There already making gary stu calls and all these other bullshit stuff. You can feel it the fear they have that this will outclass GoT. I personally don't think you can compare the shows but its gunna be good seeing people who haven't read the books get buttmad over the female characters like said its going to be /poltv/

The Social Justice types will end up headfucked as they try and figure out who is the oppressor
>Tuon is black, female, royal, and physically dangerous despite her small size due to extensive training with knives in order to deal with assassins
>She also owns slaves, sees absolutely nothing wrong with treating people as property and has a thick Texan accent
>Rand is by modern definitions an extreme misogynist due to his insistence in keeping women out of harms way and in the figurative kitchen, but this is played up as a negative for him as a character and causes him no end of strife
>Mat being a shameless, impudent womanizer

All I want is Sigourney Weaver to play Sulin though. She's a perfect fit.

so many random characters though nightmare to cast

didn't abatap die?

nice numbers my dude

Honestly, my main worry as someone who does dislike forced diversity is that they will force diversity in literally one of the most ethnically diverse series there is.

Like having black Andorans even though the folk from the Two Rivers are supposed to be as dark as Andorans get with their uniformly brown hair and brown eyes.

I feel it would annoy the everliving shit out of me because the series already has lots of strong empowered women and people of color without having to shoehorn them in where they don't belong.

Actually, this isn't my main worry come to think of it. How the fuck will they deal with all the fantastical elements, magic, detailed armor and costumes and absolutely masive armies and fights under a reasonable budget? Big studios can barely keep stuff like A Song of Ice and Fire and Lord of the Rings looking decent on the screen and there's barely any use of magic or fantastical elements on those two compared to Wheel of Time and they still have to cut stuff out if it's too gratuitous.

There's no way they could spend less than hundreds or millions on a single season and still have it look good. Maybe they are making it something animated like that Castlevania series? The more I think of it the more reasonable that alternative sounds.

There's plenty of big army clashes but it's very rarely shown from the front lines. The biggest battle in the series before the very end is Rand taking Ciarhien, which has around 450,000 troops on the field. But throughout all of that, the armies get very little focus, Rand fighting off whichever one of the Forsaken is trying to turn the battle is the main focus, with the rest of the screen time being mat leading a few hundred men in smaller skirmishes.

With that in mind it wouldn't actually take a whole lot of budget, since all the CGI soldiers would be far in the distance and not requiring much detail.

i am hoping for an animated series, that would be the best way to do it
>there are 13 books, while the whole story takes about 3 years, the actors would age too much
>the trollocs, myrdraal, magic weaves would be hard/expensive to make in cgi or in physical effects
>you need a lot of big tittied womyn to play the characters, who also have to be good actresses

Well I don t really care. The books are awefull, full of mary sue and gary stu. Villains are scoobidoo tier and there is more tension in the constant sex war between the men and women than the main plot.

Soooo even if they use the SJW beam at full power on that show, I don't think it will make it worst.

Don’t forget
>Tar Valon is a powerful player on the word stage, and it’s entirely women
>but they’re almost all arrogant, backstabbing, petty incompetents

Then there's this

>disconnected island
>that looks like s vagina
>with the women living in a literal ivory tower
The rhyme never ends

shit i never realised it before

Book 7 is when it really gets fucking boring. If you don't hate women yet, you will.

>It's a Lanfear is unironically best girl by process of elimination episode

Dude GOT was supposed to be same shit yet here we are with miss Mary Sue protagonists fighting zombies and most grey morality characters dead or reduced to extras.

You are kidding yourself if you believe they are not gonna change it to be more millennial friendly.

14 books, not counting the prequel.