My Life Me – Screencap etc. Edition – Part 1 of 2

I finally finished going through this show and making screencaps and webms me so I’m going to celebrate this waste of time by laboriously wasting my time posting all of this shit. It will take two threads. A download link of all posted files will be available at the end.

For the uninitiated, My Life Me is a 2011 Canadian cartoon aired on Teletoon. The series was created to take advantage of the mid-2000s boom in popularity of anime and manga in the USA and Canada and hence uses an imitation anime art style. However, production was delayed due to bankruptcy of its first owner and sale to a new company so by the time the series finally aired the weeaboo fad had passed and the series lost a lot of its reason to exist before even beginning. This may have contributed to the series getting only a single production-run of 52 half-length episodes, although maybe that would have happened anyway. It’s Canadian.

To be clear; This is not a thread about a hidden gem. This show is not good. It’s ugly, badly animated, lazily written mostly with sitcom clichés, and the weeaboo pandering is cringey as fuck. It gained brief currency on Sup Forums in 2011 because some Sup Forumsmrades pretended to like it in order to mock the burst of interest in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic developed for television by Lauren Faust. The gag died down before the containment was enforced.

Any level of enduring interest is mostly because one of the characters is pretty cute in a mediocre pseudo-animu art way and because there’s some fun in mocking it. It has a few genuinely interesting, possibly accidental qualities.

For several years only a few episodes in English were available but recently the entire run was recovered. I’ll leave it someone else to post the link because fuck this show.

Older fags will be horrified to learn that some recent threads have proved that some posters actually have fond memories of watching this show (2011 was six years ago).

Yes, this is autism.

We’ll start with introducing the main cast and then get on with the screencaps.

Unlike most middle-school sitcoms, the main cast of My Life Me is not defined as a group of friends but as a “pod”, a school-assigned work group. This means there is no presumption that these people like each other at all. This is probably the single most interesting thing about this train wreck. In some episodes they can barely stand each other although in others they do seem more like a typical cast of friends. If it really worked on this idea as a main part of the premise, of early adolescents forced to spend lots of time with people they don’t necessarily like, it might have resulted in something like a middle-school version of an office comedy and I think there was some potential in that. Too bad.

Birch Small. At 13 she’s younger than the rest of the 14-year-old cast (and generally acts like it) and is the ostensive lead of the series although many episode play out as small-ensemble stories instead. The strange title of the series in English refers to her self-centered ways (other languages tend to title the series something like “Three and Me”). She’s big into comics and art in general and has drawn some comics herself and even has a proper drafting table in her bedroom. Just like a teenager she poses with subculture fashion and for some reason wears shorts over her trousers. She wears a necklace in the shape of the Japanese word “watashi” (“me”) because she’s a fucking weeaboo.

She is apparently based on the daughter of producer J.C. Little which is a little odd given how bratty and selfish she’s portrayed.

Birch is cute.

Liam Coll is a tryhard who wants to be cool but his autism won’t let him. He thinks those sunglasses are awesome. He’s Birch’s cousin and they seem to have lived in the same town since birth so they’ve spent a lot of time together and are almost like siblings. This leads him to be the nicest member of the cast despite being a twat as he frequently does things for Birch’s sake like an older brother, although she’s like a bratty little sister who usually doesn’t appreciate this.

Liam is a faget.

Sandra le Blanc. As a ginger she lacks a soul and has a generally bad-tempered personality because of this. She’s a skater and seems to have some sort of Naruto bullshit as a belt buckle although the weeaboo shit is usually confined to Birch. In some episodes she is needlessly antagonistic to Birch almost as if she were a stereotypical bully character. Having a bully stereotype on the main cast might be pretty interesting but they don’t really do anything with the idea. She also usually seems to hate Liam.

Sandra is a bitch.

Raffi Rodriguez. He’s a popular boy and in some episodes seems to interact with the others in a very glib and superficial way. Birch has a crush on him, like half the girls in the school, probably because he’s intended to be good-looking I guess.

Raffi is a smug ponce.

Birch is cute.

Cute!

That hair is just the right length for petting.

(sandra)

Look at those big blue eyes.

She sweet when she's not being a weeaboo or pompous hack artist.

Thanks for the high quality reaction images.

Animu joke: the first girl on the right is in the “keeping my skirt from being blown up” pose despite wearing trousers.

This is Birch’s fatass cat. Naturally, she named it Neko.

Sad girls looking out the window at school. So deep. Just like one of my Japanese animes.

Sandra is much curvier than Birch, who still has the body of a little girl.

This series is at its best when the characters seem to despise each other.

Not very ladylike.

Things like that make me sick.

The venerable tradition of the hidden pantyshot. In the rest of the episode the cheerleaders are clearly wearing close shorts under their skirts.

This character is Amelia, a “mean girl at school” stereotype played totally straight. Given that Sandra is verging on being a bully character Amelia sometimes seems redundant.

The way a comic panel will superimpose over the frame and change the image (always in black and white) is a stylistic accent this series uses. It’s not generally terribly funny or clever, though.

Not pictured are the “chibi” designs the characters slip into, often several times an episode. Contrary to their purpose they’re ugly and unfunny. We’ll see some of that shit when we get to the webms.

unf

Birch actually does have hips.

The kids’ irritating spaz of a teacher with a hideous mango image floating next to him.

God damn it, Birch.

Birch isn’t hardcore enough to be wearing the boots to go with the goth/punk shit she wears.

A cute?

A cute.

This show even has a minor waifu.

As is traditional she appears for only a handful of seconds.

Just like the cool shows!

Birch suffers a failure of judgement...

..and shamelessly touches herself in public. Only Raffi fails to notice.

Birch achieves orgasm.

>tfw when I unzip dick

>tfw when I actually get hard

Pretty gay.

Sandra is secretly a sub.

Pretty lewd to be desu.

SANDRA’S

MASSIVE

DERRIERE

Going overboard with the curves.

Have a bump for good luck user.

Well I can see one reason people stomached this show.

I don't know what's going on in this thread, but I'm okay with it.

NOT

SEXUALLY

CHARGED

Exactly one frame. Probably an animator’s joke.

Random loli.

>Freckles
>Fang
>Twintails
>Red head
>Somehow manages to look good in this awful style
I'd post an appropriate reaction image for my arousal but I don't want to break OP's streak.

Sadly not the prelude to an anime bust-measuring joke.