It's been 10 years since there was a Fantastic Four film

It's been 10 years since there was a Fantastic Four film...
You would think Marvel would have the rights back by now or something.

In 2023

Fantastic Four work far better as an ongoing series rather than in movies.
I don't see why they don't just make a cartoon.

>You would think Marvel would have the rights back by now or something.
Marvel doesn't have any rights to anything. You mean D*sney.

You forgot one... the forgettable 2015 one that made even the original 'Fantastic Four' movies look like Oscar winning movies.

Fan films don't count.

late 2025 if they're not working on a new one by then, as proven by 1994-2005-2015

they were really never that bad, just kind of bland

No, Disney owns Marvel, which in turn owns the Fantastic Four IP and is the ultimate owner of the live action rights currently held by FOX.

Sharing assets the way you're imagining is a big no-no, gets you in all kinds of trouble. Plus it makes it really easy for lawsuits to strip your assets.

>Fan

I think they confirmed that they're gonna be making another one, probably a reboot again.

I think it's more than pride for the reason why won't give the rights back, they have the potential to become money makers in the same league as X-Men and Avengers.

Jordan jumped ship to Black Panther lol.
Maybe the 3rd time's the charm.

I know it's questionable.

I think they're half holding onto it until Marvel gives in and pays the ridiculous price tag, and half afraid that they'll regret it if Marvel turns Fantastic Four into the biggest movie of the year.

they're never giving the rights back.

>Marvel turns Fantastic Four into the biggest movie of the year
Yeah, can't wait for the Thing to talk about his rock turds

If Fox wants to turn this into a money maker. They know what they have to do...

>The gang become heroes.

I wouldn't have mind the blackwashing if they made Sue black too.

>Dennis as Mr Fantastic
>Dee as Susan
>Mac as Human Torch
>Charlie as The Thing
>Frank as the voice of Herbie

Holy shit

Or Frank as Moleman. Ineffectual sympathetic villain that accidental releases something from the Hollow Earth.

You couldn't have fucked up this casting any more if you had tried.

Dee and Dennis are brother and sister, they will naturally be Sue Storm and The Human Torch respectively.

Charlie Kelley is one of the most prominent scientific minds of our time, and an expert in Bird Law, he is Mr Fantastic (bonus, he and Dee have always had an in continuity thing for each other)

Mac will cultivate SO MUCH MASS and become The Thing

Frank is either new up and coming superhero Man-Spider trying to prove himself to the team or the villainous Trash Man who keeps eating the FF's garbage at night while Reed is trying to work.

I want this so fucking badly.

RICHAAAARRRRDDDDDSSSS

Perfect.

No one touches Doom's ass unless he sees some money up front.

>tried making it a lighthearted romp of a movie
>didn't work
>tried making it a grimdark body horror type movie
>really didn't work
Where do they even have to go with it now

The ONLY reason this was made was so Fox could hold on to the rights.

>they have the potential to become money makers
You know, they could if they JUST would get Doom right.
They failed, a number of times. It's just so damn easy to make him at least look cool, and they FAILED. I don't know how.
They could make a number of projects, since they own rights, Silver Surfer, hell Dr Doom vs Annihilus could make some cash. Maybe they could use the Skrulls AND Shi'ar at whatever. They could do crazy stuff, they'd just need some writer who knows his classics and someone to make sure it's marketable without ruining anything. They even have their scripts storyboarded for them in comic book format, I'm talking about hundreds of stories to pick from.

But they STILL manage to fail. I don't even know, man. They had ONE JOB.

It's funny because they could have just not screwed up in spades and they would make some money, at least.

Fox are petty motherfuckers and refuse to give them rights out of pure spite.

To be fair though they didn't expect it to go so horribly wrong. They hired Trank on the strength of Chronicle.

Yeah it was a lot of convolution just to explain why Johnny and Dr. Storm are black while Sue is white by saying that Sue's an adopted war orphan from Kosovo.

I'd say that if they do another film it's definitely gonna have to be a reboot. It wouldn't make sense to do a sequel to a box office bomb.

But then the real problem is that the film's already got a stigma from the 2007 sequel and the 2015 film.

Frank as mole man, and it's done it'll blow the other attempts out of the water...

Well to be fair, they DID pay for them.

What we need is another cyberattack by North Korean hackers, it helped Marvel get Spidey partially back.

>implying Marvel's gonna do a better job with the F4 than and the first movie

Netflix show?

Fox should just give Rob, Glenn and Charlie like small budget of like 10-15 million and just let them make this.

Dennis is Doctor Doom easy.

Johnny, Sue, Thing, Doctor Doom, Mr. Fantastic. Done.
Pussy is Herbie.

Black women aren't so popular for fan service.

Sci-fi family space adventure, clearly.

>they were really never that bad, just kind of bland
It had the right idea of making the F4 Scientific Adventurers instead of being superheros at least. Hearing the director talk about his ideas for Annhilus and Galactus sounded like it could've been a more interesting movie than what we got

Objectively? Yes. Subjectively? Probably not.

They failed at Dr Strange, failed badly at Thor, and while GotG was a good movie, it was an awful adaptation. And don't get me started at Iron Man 3.
Spider-Man not looking good, either.

>i dont like anything

Underrated and better than most MCU movies.

maybe the original, Silver Surfer was hot shit.

No, not really.
Fantastic 4 and Silver Surfer are the two worst superhero movies ever made.
At least Batman & Robin is fun watching it drunk.

Dennis is Doctor Doom
Charlie is Reed Richards
Dee is Susan
Frank is the Thing
Mac is the Human Tourch, because he's clearly a flaming homosexual.