Dan Slott Spider-man

Slotts been on for 160 issues this week. What are your favorite stories? When do you think he should've left?

He's like Bendis in that he thinks longest run=best run, lol.

Also relaunches don't count.

>When do you think he should've left?
200 issues ago

>relaunches
That doesn't count.

I wanna hurt this fat fuck. I want to punch him hard enough to break hus nose and make him spit his teeths.

>teeths

You know, looking back, it's kind of funny.

There's a lot of mediocre to bad Spider-Stories that would be far more enjoyable if the writers cut out like 3/4 of their narration and dialogue. Most of the issues came from pacing and stupid character logic that's conveyed more through words than actions. There's a bunch of Mackie Spider-Man that suddenly improves when you make a couple pages nearly silent and chuck out the recap filler.

You can't really do that with Slott's run. The issues are less pacing and dialogue complications and more just poor resolutions and contrivances that go down to the very core of what he's writing. You'd have to actually rewrite his work instead of editing and omitting pieces of it.

They do.

Fuck. Dont post and drimk.

He still sucks

New ways to die and big time are slotts only good arcs,Spider island and spOck were fun but far too long and contrived.He should've dropped of about halfway through superior

>I think
Lies, he knows Bendis has it

Everything after Superior has been a waste of time, so he should left right when it was over.
Though you could definitely make the argument that many other writer could have done it better.

I have never felt like he actually engages with Spider-Man. Everything, even key scenes, feels like background filler.
I stopped right before superior.

Honestly, his early stuff is pretty fun.
Once Spider-Man left the fantastic four, he should have left the title, and people would have called it a great run that got Spider-Man back on his feet again.

As much as I didn't like Superior Spider-Man, there were a lot of ideas in it that Spider-Man should have adopted years earlier. Using technology more, patenting inventions, building a corporation, and hiring other down-on-their-luck characters seem like a natural progression after Parker stopped being a teacher. The execution was just very flawed.

Peter being able to build a successful corporation makes sense. Except when he's always blaming himself, almost always taking the worst solution to problems, has a history of poor finances and bad credit, and constantly risks exposing his identity to the public.

It's the "right thing for him to do," but not something Peter would do based on previous characterization.

Norman isn't wrong here, also why is Harry alive?

Reminder that Harry's girlfriend here proceeds to fuck Norman and have his kid while tricking Harry into thinking that it was his.

Slott had some interesting ideas. He just executes them in the blandest way possible.

>Slott will never leave ASM

The end of Spider-Island would be a way to end on a high note.
Though I think a bit before that, there were Shed, The Gauntlet and Grim Hunt, I don't know which of those he might have written, which already sucked.

Superior Spider-Man is my favorite.

At least he's not Bendis.