Name a better sitcom

Name a better sitcom

Fawlty Towers.

Married with Children

If that show was made today you would, rightfully, call it reddit shit.

Seinfeld and Frasier

the one I'm writing now desu

Alo Aol

I'd legitimately end my own life if I held opinions this terrible.

Peep Show is hands down the best comedy show ever made.

spaced

It went on for 2 series too long and the first series is unlike the rest of the show. 6 decent series out of 9, i.e. a third of the show is bad.

Only acceptable answer so far desu

30 rock

Spaced IS actually Reddit-tier. That's fine in small doses, but let's call it what it is.

Aquí no hay quien viva + all the squeals (English: No one could live here) Bonus points because its a how amerifats will never understand.

K

>It went on for 2 series too long
I'll agree with this but series 1 is GOAT

Every long-running show declines eventually so I'm not really sure how this is an argument anyway

Father Ted

how can you fuck up 'Allo 'Allo! so badly

Great show which is being cannibalised by Irish Anons basing their entire online identity around quoting or referencing it.

Op you set the bar pretty low. Cringe isnt exactly funny.... unless its about justice league

Party Down
Father Ted
Modern Family

/thread

i have no idea i just typed something and pressed enter

Flight of the Conchords
Green Wing
Coupling
Garth Marenghi's Darkplace
Black Books

Only fools and horses

But peep show is great and the last two series are still hilarious thanks

I agree, and I still like it. Same with the Mighty Boosh. Absolute reddit rubbish, but I enjoy it.

why are all these disgusting United Cuckdom fags posting their shit tier shows on a UNITED STATES OF JAPAN forum?

scroo off weaboo

>only fools and horses

go to work dad

Peep Show's descent started in series 6, when they got rid of JLB (and therefore most of the recurring characters that made up the backbone of the show along with it - Jeff, Sophie, Johnson et all began appearing less and less from this point on)

Also the editing started becoming more and more choppy, like they were trying to cram more jokes in without regard for comedic timing. And some of the situations were incredibly forced and didn't ring true at all (Mark is late for his son's christening, so they give his son a different name to spite him and don't let him explain himself? Fuck off) However both s6 and s7 were still pretty good overall, and the end of s7 would've made a decent ending for the whole show.

series 8 was where it fell off a cliff. They had no idea what to do with the Mark/Dobby storyline, so they just changed her character completely from this nerdy dork into a hipster douche and made a pale immitation of the Mark/Sophie storyline. Everyone became utterly detestable - Mark in particular had gone from neurotic and insecure to just an asshole, Jez falling for Dobby was the most forced shit ever and only happened because of her complete character 180, the editing got worse and worse, the supporting cast all but disappeared, and they started mining past glories for plot ideas (Big Mad Andy, April, literally calling an ep 'Quantocking II')

I like to imagine s8 and s9 never happened.

>tfw mark's life is still less depressing than mine

he fucked a teenager, he had a job for most of it, he got married, he had a kid

i'm basically jez with mark's social skills/personality disorders and gerrard's sex life

>gerrard's sex life

Ghosting happy couples?

patrician taste

Test

Best answer in this thread.

Why has no-one ever made an album of dumb frogposting-based shoops of this show and called it 'Pepe Show'?

Missed opportunity tbqh

Simpsons (90s)
Always sunny in Philadelphia

But i like Peep Show its funny.

Best episode is the one with the gas man.
Gas

>Flight of the Conchords
Its a little dry isn't it?

>Garth Marenghi's Darkplace
Sorry man but that shit is boring.

>Not liking series one

FECK OFF

What did you think of Jez becoming gay?

series 1-2 mark was the best, he really was deranged. stalking sophie in the park, hacking her email, losing his mind completely when she gets a promotion, the first johnson ep, getting high with and shagging that schoolgirl, self-harming, befriending jeff to stalk sophie, giving jeff 'the broom', stalking that student girl

he lost a lot of his edge after s2

>he got married

For like a week and then divorced

>he had a kid

He has to pay for and that hates him/barely sees him

I can understand not liking Flight of the Concords but hating on Darkplace just confirms you have pleb-tier taste

I always thought it was “super hands”
Fucking accents

>I can understand not liking Flight of the Concords

Pleb: [x] present

He was always Bisexual (sucking off Super Hans etc.) they just didn't explicitly show it until the later seasons

>redditspacing

The first episode was fine, just fine though not good.

Trying to stretch such a small idea into a whole series was stupid, it sucked man. I don't know why but i watched every stupid episode, its fucking boring.

I thought it was the girls younger brother who sucked off super hans...

>He doesn't remember "the bad thing"

haha fucking idiot

its soup or andes

moorish crack

There has never been a bigger fuckup than series 2 Mark & Jez

>Jez cheats on a literal 10/10 nympho with a 5/10 slag
>Mark finds his actual 'The One' (April), convinces her to like him and then manages to fuck it up

I get mad just thinking about it 2bh

Only Fools and Horses

I'm still hoping it was just a joke and that he was simply confused. Like those /r9k/ tards who get memed into getting fucked by transvestite prostitutes. it fucking ruined the show tbqhwy

This is how i felt, like it just seemed so odd and out of place.

the main problem with the show is how unbelievably attractive the women jez got were

i'm not even one of those 'looks are everything' betas, of course guys can 'upfuck' but there are limits. someone who looks like jez and has no income is not having a relationship with women like Nancy, Big Suze and Elena

See there were hints he was bisexual from the get-go

>Jez cheats on a literal 10/10 nympho with a 5/10 slag
To be fair, she would cheat on him sooner or later.

That being said, it felt very strange.

GAS MAN!
GAS MAN!

How do you go from this...

...to this?

WHAT?

It had to happen m8. She was always mediocre.

She's a qt in both of those photos though

I don't think he really was gay/bisexual. I always saw him as very confused and clingy person who would fuck anybody and anything that showed the least bit of affection to him. The gay thing was a middle life crisis of sorts.

Time, my friend, the cruellest villain of them all

No Inbetweeners?
The IT Crowd?
Derek?
The Office (UK only)
The Thick Of It
The Royle Family
Misfits?
......?????

Best girl coming through

None of those gets close.
>Misfits
KYS right now

the big ride

very good taste. imma check out green wing.

I know everyone hates this transition and calls it forced, but my ex did literally the same thing.

Yep. Her arc was pretty well done.
Going abroad for status and to behave like a degenerate with "no consequences" is commonplace. At least in Europe.

this is true
I actually really like the camerawork and I guess cinematography of the show, the characters, and slice of life elements, but the humor is ghastly and makes me cringe. Sure, it's before its time where such jokes and personas became unbearably common but it's still overall not very funny

Frasier is a high quality traditional sitcom, and Curb Your Enthusiasm comes pretty close to Peep Show

>Also the editing started becoming more and more choppy, like they were trying to cram more jokes in without regard for comedic timing. And some of the situations were incredibly forced and didn't ring true at all (Mark is late for his son's christening, so they give his son a different name to spite him and don't let him explain himself? Fuck off) However both s6 and s7 were still pretty good overall, and the end of s7 would've made a decent ending for the whole show.

this is a great observation, the jokes are delivered more and more via the voiceover/thinking gimmick in ways that aren't relevant to the scene, random, and are both lengthy and trite.

Dobby is a complicated issue, in general I don't like her, but I thought the bit of them being stuck in a rut for so long seemed natural for a relationship between the two of them. Her "change" is also an aspect of popular culture changing, she's the in-fashion hipster type by the end of the series where as at first she was just a nerd freak. Dobbie is introduced in '08, and the series ends in 2015. Her change isn't surprising as I know a couple of girls who went through identical processes as a result of popular culture

>>Jez cheats on a literal 10/10 nympho with a 5/10 slag

I thought Toni was pretty hot, she was also a great character

So its decided: peep show is gimmick based crap with no set up and timing, family guy with humans and theres stacks of better shows.
And harvey danger is sullied by being associated with it.

Misfits up to the first season with Rudy was amazing.
Train wreck after that though.

To the credit of the creators, they genuinely hate that Harvey Danger song. It was forced on them by Channel 4, they vastly preferred the theme from series 1.

good, that garish pop-punk garbage nearly ruins all the post S1 episodes, I mute it every time

Got my band back, thank you.

This or only fools and horses
FLECTHER!

Careful now xDDD

AND DEL BOY FELL THROUGH THE BAR STEW
AND TRIGGER MADE A FACE
AND IT WAS THE FUNNIEST THING EVER ON TELEVISION STEW

It's not my fault if you've only seen the clip shows on Gold. Only Fools and Horses was very well written, and managed to stay funny through its almost 30 year run.

Anyone here seen Back? Watched it all t'other day and really recommend it. Comes close to peep show at times

well looks like somebody's a bit of a Moaning Michael

I'm surprised nobody ever made a Wojak Horseman image

Is such a contraption actually possible?

Yes, we've all seen the Stewart Lee routine (which you've clearly missed the entire point of)

I don't see why not, the bread is porous enough for smoke to travel through

Sorry, do you actually think inhaling smoke is what gets you high? Really can't see how you're getting any thc with that setup.

The reason Peep Show went to shit is the writers were focused more on this (which was great)

>Hi, guys. My first memory of this great little guy in the... big old box here, was when Gerard's cheeky little face poked round my door at JLB. He was sniffing around for a raise that, given what I don't think anyone will mind me saying, were his very limited attributes, was bloody outrageous. Look. Nothing can make today all right. But maybe we can take some comfort from the brutal reality that the weak must make way for the strong. Evolution marches on. The scythe... is remorseless. I hope the scythe's remorseless swing can bring some comfort to you all. Okay.

>Thank you very much, Alan, for those inspiring yet challenging words.