>Is trained by Ras Al Ghul who appears to be asian
>Asian Ras is a decoy and the real one is a white male
>No outrage from critics

>Danny Rand travels to an ancient land to learn martial arts
>Danny Rand is rich
>He has been white in the comics for years
>Learns Kung Fu from actual chinese people
>This show is racist?

I have nothing against Liam Neeson he did a great job as Ras but the stupidity of the critics baffles me.

>2005 vs 2017

he has middle eastern origins but he defiantly looks kinda white

Literally this

I remember there was definitely outrage over a white Ra's back in the day, but because twitter, tumblr, and progressive clickbait sites weren't a thing yet to make those complaints seem louder than they actually were, nobody really cared.

>Asian Ras is a decoy and the real one is a white male
And this was a joke in Doctor Strange.

Two things happened.
First, there was already a simmering anger at Marvel for their lack of Asian representation among the types that care about that.

Then Iron Fist was announced and took forEVER to announce casting choices, letting those folks put way more energy into fan-casting.

The catch here, though, is that IF is a character no one knows anything about or cares about, and they lack the self awareness to realize the discrepancy in their behavior.

Example: Daredevil is a white dude who learns how to be a ninja from a white dude and a Greek chick, who fight stereotypical Japanese evil ninjas. But no one caused a stir, because everyone accepts that Daredevil is "supposed" to be white.

>I remember there was definitely outrage over a white Ra's
Pretty retarded

He is

>IF is a character no one knows anything about or cares about
hey fuck you

Normies don't care about street level heroes who aren't spiders you stupid fuck

The only outrage over Ra's should've been the fact that they didn't re-dub him with David Warner

I mean of the SJW crowd pham, I care myself, which is why I think it's retarded to bitch about him being white

Something not even mentioned here is that Danny didn't travel to K'un-Lun to learn martial arts, he was just kind of going along with it because his father dragged them along, then his father and mother are killed (latter partially because of Yu-Ti) and he's essentially adopted by K'un-Lun. He didn't seek them out, he simply stayed and embodied their culture because it was what he learned after he was orphaned.

idk critics are retarded.

isn't it actually more racist to assume that Danny Rand should be asian just because he knows Martial Arts?

The tumblr PC police are racist as fuck and always have been. They simply lack the self awareness to notice.

I hate how because of BB everyone pronounces it Roz al ghul instead of Rayysh

triggers my autism desu

It´s funny how Batman Beyond corrected that years before BB was made.

The fact that this really is the reason for all of this is astounding.

I told a friend of mine this show was being made, and he asked 'oh cool, what powers does the guy have?'
>he has fists, that are like iron

>Arrow uses both pronunciations, sometimes in the same scene.

Obama happened and fueled racebaiting

Both a fine.

Just like spics pronounce Arthur as ART-ur

This really thew me the fuck off, honestly, sorta neat that they did it though for anyone who says it either way over another.

>but the stupidity of the critics baffles me.
See No sane person has a problem with either of these things. I'm a DCfag but have no problem with the ACCURATE portrayal of Rand (Ras is pretty much always portrayed as white) and will still watch the show and most likely the action and all that shit.

Its retarded now and its retarded then

but we're talking about Tumblr and the progressive crowd.

>marvel pandering to casuals and sjws

You reap what you sow. When will people realize that SJWs are backstabbing delusional people that get mad stuff they hear about on tumblr?

Wait a fucking minute

those crying "racism" never said a god damn thing about Batman? If they're saying Danny Rand should be an Asian because he does kung fu, why won't they put the same standard on Batman? Why doesn't Batman get accused of being racist?

I'm going to have to look into this further

Whites reside in the middle east and were even more common back in the day (when Ra's would be around) before mongols and muslims went around raping everything.

Batman and his films predate modern social justice consciousness. He's not a new character, so there's less scrupulation about his lore and the things he does.

What really bugged me was how Malcolm Merlyn was saying Ross al Ghul the whole time until he became him and then suddenly decided to pronounce it Rachel Ghul.

maybe they're not the same person and casting a net over all of them as "the critics" and assuming they are all colluding and acting as one is a dangerous mindset that will open you up for a continually paranoid and overly cynical attitude in the future?

also known as Sup Forums

Ra's's parents were from China

>Ra's's parents were from China

And china had caucasians too. Asia is fucking big.

The white phenotype is extended in all Caucasian groups, Sensei is fucking chinky tho

Sup Forums here, this guy is from china too

It's more because of the existence of clickbait culture now rather than actual people being mad. Plus, it was expected by comic fans and movie followers (Get Liam Neeson, A-list actor and action movie star, to play just a one-off lackey? Please)

I'm Asian. We're only 5% of the US population. I can guarantee you 90% of the people shouting "RACISM" aren't actually Asian. We hate both the Asian Kungfu-man trope and the white man becomes karate master trope equally. Anyone actually complaining about Danny Rand being White hasn't done their research nor do they care to.

Can't speak for the ratings though. Show might just be actual dogshit.

is that Liam Neeson?

Yes
This girls are from china too

I'm done, just wanted to remind Sup Forums that Middle east, paki, afghan, persian or eurasian or chinese doesnt mean you can't be white.

SJW are retards. Argies and chileans are spics and they can't get spic scholarships anymore since they are not poor enough in murrika to be considered latinos. This is the result of SJW stupidity

He's not batman. Batman gets a pass because batman. Normies love batman so much that of you had batman heat up a transsexual villain and say that said person is sick, hormones will defend batman. Even Trans people will defend him. Why? Cause batman