Zack Snyder’s audacity in creating a comic-book movie renaissance (which began with the complex...

Zack Snyder’s audacity in creating a comic-book movie renaissance (which began with the complex, ambitiousWatchmen) has inspired philistine resentment from reviewers and fanboys who don’t want cinema. They’ve been desensitized to the form’s vitality and richness. (Like civics, art is no longer being taught in schools.) The schoolyard game of lambasting Snyder’s magnificentMan of Steeland the even more intricateBatman v Superman: Dawn of Justicealmost directly parallels the unsubtle breakdown of our political process. And this year’s post-election delusional praise for the utterly mediocreWonder Womanis a symptom of our current political paralysis.

We don't deserve him, Sup Forums

nationalreview.com/article/453824/justice-league-triumphs-zack-snyder-masterpiece

Other urls found in this thread:

out.com/armond-white/2017/11/17/sexiest-movie-character-year
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

probably the best critic that ever lived

now i know he's a contrarian whose only loyalty is to the opposite opinion

true snyder fans hate justice league

>"ESSENTIAL CINEMA KINETICS"

>"THE TRUE AESTHETICS OF CINEMA"

>""""THE FATE OF THE WORLD IS AT STAKE""""

>"THIS ISN'T THE CARTOON SOLIDARITY OF MARVEL'S AVENGERS, THE IMAGERY IS CLASSICAL, MYTHIC AND EROTIC"

There are still glimpses there of what made MoS and BvS great. But no, overall it's a very dissapointing movie.

Please read the full review before commenting.

>"Momoa’s voluptuous Aquaman"

Haven't watched JL yet, but have watched MoS and BvS extended this week for the first time. I was legitimately surprised at how good both were. Man of Steel was better and is a great superhero movie, while BvS fumbled a lot of things but was still impressive for a 3 hour spectacle. I have very little faith in modern film critics and Rotten Tomatoes especially is garbage. I don't know what Snyder did to get on their shit list but it is unfortunate.

I hope they release the Snyder cut of JL if one exists.

What are his best reviews?

Greatest critic to ever live.

That's actually a great quote.

Best critic till date. He makes it damn easy to spot a pleb

>I don't know what Snyder did to get on their shit list
Be a hack?
What the fuck did you like about that absolute snoozefest MoS?

I didn't like Suckerpunch (Felt it repeated itself half way into it) but the reviews on it were fucking brutal (almost Mel gibsonian levels of hate)
Reviews were saying how Zach should go see a psychiatrist instead of making movies
I think he really pissed off a lot of people

>snoozefest

MoS was extremely well-constructed in my opinion. The first half of the film is an excellent introduction to who Clark Kent is and once he puts on the suit the focus seamlessly shifts to the idea of who Superman can be. The main focus is obviously on the "Superman question," which I think is done in a compelling manner, but the film also touches on other issues thematically.

Zod is a well-realized vision. He thinks he is the protagonist of his own story and has legitimate reasoning behind his actions and his hatred for Superman. He is competent and even when defeated by a more powerful foe he still hurts Supes the only way he can by forcing his death. The entire segment following the destruction of the terraforming machine is particularly excellent.

For a superhero movie, MoS does nearly everything on a high level. I don't think "snoozefest" is a valid criticism.

>The “Keep It Moving” sequence gives a taste of what Woman Woman could have been with a real director

Was this a typo? Or is he subtly implying that wonder woman wasnt a wonder but a mere woman product. Woman-Woman feels like a subtle jab at women mediocrity.

His Out review is better.
Surprised Sup Forums hasn't shitposted this yet.
out.com/armond-white/2017/11/17/sexiest-movie-character-year

>Both Momoa and Snyder seem to understand that Aquaman insinuates a sensual dream. The merman’s muscular torso and trident spear are implicitly phallic; his superpowers are an artistic extension of his virility.

Review kino

I love that when Armond gives something a good review he spends half the review insulting everything fans of the film like. He shits on comic books, videogames, The Dark Knight, Wonder Woman and pretty much everything else that people who like this movie would typically like.

I love MoS and BvS but WW is MCU cuckshit. More competent than SS, sure, but still mediocre shit that was overrated due Americans and their stupid politics.

JL is 60% marvelshit too.

I'm convinced this faggot frequently comes to Sup Forums

>Mid-battle, Aquaman swims through undersea currents with the force of ejaculate.

Here's the thing: Who fucking cares? How many people read Superman as a child and wanted a character study out of fucking Clark Kent where he is challenged to consider his worldview and ideals? Who wanted a depressed and colorless vision of grand-scale destruction and carnage?
Hint: Not a large crowd.

>what made MoS and BvS great

All the people considering Returns reception and overall modern impression of the character (boring boyscout marysue)

One of the main criticism of Return is that people wanted to see Superman fucking shit up for once and grand scale fights.

Based
a
s
e
d

He's actually losing it.

Does Armand legitimately have fans, or is it just for the sake of controversy?

(I agree with him tho)

BASED

it hurts knmowing we wont get zacks kino

This genuinely reads like a freshman film studies student trying to justify his love of comic book movies with surface-level cultural critique.

Armond will make it happen