Literally only three shows are airing on the network now

>Literally only three shows are airing on the network now

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3RrNim6xrBM
youtube.com/watch?v=bXLv209NIhU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Well, at least TTG lost 2% of the total time.

this is JUST sad

>That one sliver of pink
>It's neoPPG

How is CN not dead with its lack of variety?

NOBODY FUCKING CARES YOU NECKBEARD

STOP MAKING THIS THREAD EVERY DAY

MODS DO YOUR GODDAMN JOBS

Their ratings have fucking plummeted in the last few years, and even in the last few months. Last year premiers would hit 1.5-2 million, now they're hitting 0.8-1.1 million. It's like they're embracing their death spiral.

Nick is just Spongebob, Loud House, and Henry Danger

Disney is fuck all I don't pay attention to it in yesrs, but I assume it's 3 tween sitcoms

But yeah TTG is Cartoon Networks Soongrbob and has basically destroyed the channel after it had just recovered from the 2007-2011 phase

The only hope is Disney XD. Which has a variety lineup, large numbers of good shows, and a promising future.

CN is going for the younger demographic, and little kids will eat anything up regardless of variety. Just look at Spongelodeon.

I wonder if TTG really is this cost effective.

It's the Spongbob effect

>get a popular show that's cheap to make
>all your other shows start to finish
>just show the other thing instead of making anything new all day because you figure it'd be cheaper
>occasionally show a new show for a few weeks before putting it in a graveyard slot and cancelling it. Reruns of the old show continue
>network dies over several years as your once variety filled channel is now dominated by a single horrible monstrosity

Thou this is different because A.) Spongbob was much bigger than TTG ever was B.) SpongeBob was actually good at first

I really don't know what happened to CN. The ratings for TTG were never that amazing and it didn't become a global phenomena like SpongeBob 2000-2004. Shows like Adventure Time and even Stephen Universe generated for bigger fan bases. I think maybe the period unction cost is low because of the bad animation and minimal action

You said it yourself. It's cheap to make. It's not a absolute ratings killer like Spongebob was in the 2000s but the ROI is probably comparable, especially since Teen Titans is owned by Time Warner.

I agree. Motorcity, Tron, Randy Cunningham, Star Vs. and Atomic Puppet have been nice shows.

>Star vs Season 3 and Ducktales reboot set to air this summer

Are these two shows really our only hope?

It's only natural we enter another dark age after a recent good couple of years.
Let's just hope this doesn't last for too long.

It's only america, every other CN is fine.

Do they not make episodes of AT and SU anymore?

They can't even put on reruns of Lego? Regular SHow? Clarence?

>Do they not make episodes of AT and SU anymore?

SU is going through a week hiatus for some shit reason while AT doesn't get a new episode until June. The Aussies got an unaired episode of AT last week for another shit reason.

You know, this extremely Sup Forums related, since Cartoon network is literally a Cartoon Network. The way it handles itself is relevant to what will happen with some shows, few of which people actually care about on here.

How about you calmly and go fuck yourself, like a mature person.

>diary of a wimpy kid 3 times

It's also been the only movie they aired this past week and possibly the week before.

This is a network that's now on auto-pilot.

I don't care about CN anymore, as long as Samurai Jack keeps airing for 9 more weeks

Then I'll drop this channel like a flaming piece of shit

>Not even different movies from the franchise.
>Just the same one.
It looks like they're not even trying. I know that gets tossed around a lot but it seriously looks like they just don't give as single iota of a piece of shit.

>all those 0s beside currently running shows

Why are you keeping Regular Show on there? It's over, the network has shown that it does not care about the show with its 5 hour TTG marathon before the finale

>that ???? movies/specials slot gets decided as a marathon of the Titans Island Adventures thing
>2% added

I'm more confused why Supernoobs is there. I don't think that's aired since before last summer.

I can't think of a single reason it'd rerun ever again. It went years being a silently running show, episodes premiering weren't broadcasted as new, many were exclusives online months before they aired on TV, and the last 4 years it was a running series there were no reruns and they went out of their way to remove the series from network bumpers and ads.

Along with what you said, a lot of shows die in reruns after it ends, so considering it was a zombie (in more ways than one) it's a done deal.

They haven't for awhile and never will again air holiday specials on their special days, and if every crew member died all at once they wouldn't air a tribute airing either.

Has CN already gotten rid of the new PPGs show? Figured they were gonna shove it down our throats like they've done with TTG.

These color guides in a full image feel like secret maps and layouts or something.

It's fucking weird.

Look at that schedule again

They never spammed it much, I think it was originally envisioned as a Boomerang Exclusive with premieres on CN at times.

Something happened behind the scenes and shit's messing around with it's treatment. They still promote it and it's merchandise.

Stephen Universe

Around the time it started they tried desperately to make it popular, but eventually they just gave up, and now they're trying to bury it.

Decent fan of the series, dropped it when it became painfully obvious that Lapis was going to constantly be around with her "fuck this shit!!" expression and attitude, when Peridot started being overly obnoxious for the sake of meme-tier status, and when they started being more constant with their metaphors that I normally didn't care/notice of.

Maybe their final season will get more straight-forward but eh

and im not by the way

>diary of a wimpy kid movie
>3x throughout the week

why?

It was 4 previously, twice in one day.

I don't know why I was naive enough to think they'd actually give Justice League Action a fighting chance.

Because there was a press release claiming they were coming in on Gay territory, which is a free-pass for attention?

AT is wrapping up and SU is going through some weird shit right now. There's speculations that CN is trying to kill it, but there's no real solid evidence besides rumors

That's the first I've heard of this.

Anyway, DC should just give up on CN entirely (besides TTG I guess). Make Netflix their new home

>people seriously thought Justice League Action was going to save the network

>Disney XD is the only hope for Western animation

Save us mouse. Please

youtube.com/watch?v=3RrNim6xrBM

youtube.com/watch?v=bXLv209NIhU

Nostalgiafag they called me. It's not that bad they said

>thinking Mickey wants to save anyone

>Still salty over WoY
Be happy you even got an ending and Craig is making another show for them

Too lewd for TV.

>Pickle And Peanut got another season over WoY

Desperate times call for desperate measures

Unless CN somehow cancels TTG overnight, Disney are the only ones who aren't complete shit

Movies they've recently enough played so they still have the rights/contracts to air them, or just own them anyway:
>Rio
>Shrek
>Alvin and the Chipmunks
>Scooby Doo: Where's My Mummy?
>Happy Feet 2
>[and the rest of their extensive library]

What they've been showing for many days for weeks:
>Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules

Isn't CN/Turner's series list bigger than Disney's?

>Movies they've recently enough played so they still have the rights/contracts to air them, or just own them anyway:
The Cat in the Hat, Aloha Scooby Doo, Scooby Doo and the Cyber Chase, Scooby Doo and the Curse of the Lake Monster, Scooby Doo and the WWE Mystery, and Lego Scooby Doo Haunted Hollywood have all aired recently.

I remember being a kid and I enjoyed having a variety of shows even if I had favourites and disliked shows. What's the point of putting on the TV to finish a show you don't like if you know what's coming up and it's the same fucking show?

Everyone presumably loves TTG and Goombil

I have an idea for a cartoon about three gay-acting 10 year old boys. They believe walking to the toilet is a waste of time, so they just pee their pants whenever they need to go.

>Diary of a wet sock: Rod dick schools
but why tho, didn't they play that last week?

4 times

You do realizze you are on a comics and cartoon board mmm yes?

And a few others.

Titans Trouble in Tokyo was set to air at one point but they opted for CAT IN THE HAT repeats

WWWHHHHYYYY
THE ONLY THING THAT COULD BE VARIED AND EVEN THEN THEY FUCKED IT ALL UP!
ARE WE CURSED TO SUFFER FOR OUR SINS?

>Cloudy took out and murdered We bare bears
well shit, what's the point anymore

The joke here is they blew their load by 2% recently and now they have to wait to blow it again.

Jesuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus. How is this shithole even still alive? I'd love to see numbers for cartoon network's ratings.

I need a piss bottle because I'm going to be in front of my TV for hours watching TITANS TITANS TITANS TITANS TITANS TITANS TITANS while my momma pampers me with food and drink and FUCK THAT'S THE WRONG BOTTLE NOT THE PISS

My angle here is I feel sorry for the parents of the brainwashed kids who are into Titans this fucking much

Ratings for their premiers are readily available on Wikipedia for any of their currently airing shows, they've collapsed across the board recently. Reruns are harder to gather but I doubt that the story's much better.

They've consistently been going downhill. A lot of shows are below the millions now.

i'm actually the person who makes these so i'll explain. I'll probably keep shows on that list until they haven't aired on the network in a year. Just removed Be Cool, Wabbit, and Tom & Jerry Show from that totals list because of that.
it aired in December as a burnoff bomb (ten new episodes in 2 weeks) paired with Uncle Grandpa (TWENTY new episodes in 2 weeks). Supernoobs got pulled after only one week (hilarious that it cant even get burned off apparently), but Uncle Grandpa still got both weeks.

>a lot of shows are now below the millions

Which of the three they are currently airing? I mean for Christ's sake, I think that it's time to throw in the towel when you have literally only three shows airing total (and one rando episode of powerpuff girls) and some of them are dipping below a million viewers? Oh my god, holy hell that's awful.

Here's the schedule from December 21st 2001 for comparison

6:00am - Reboot
6:30am - Max Steel
7:00am - Looney Tunes
8:00am - Ed, Edd, n Eddy
8:30am - Mike, Lu, and Og
9:00am - Alvin and the Chipmunks
9:30am - PPG
10:00am - Flintstones
11:00am - Smurfs
12:00pm - Scooby Doo
1:00pm - Looney Tunes
2:00pm - Tom and Jerry
3:00pm - Scooby Doo
3:30pm - Johnny Bravo
4:00pm - Ed, Edd, n Eddy
4:30pm - Dexter
5:00pm - Zoids
5:30pm - DBZ
6:00pm - Gundam Wing
6:30pm - Batman Beyond
7:00pm - Justice a League
7:30pm - Samurai Jack
8:00pm - Dexter
8:30pm - Dexter
9:00pm - Johnny Bravo
9:30pm - PPG
10:00pm - Time Squad
10:30pm - Grim and Evil
11:00pm - Courage
11:30pm - Ed, Ed, n Eddy

The last time CN slammed into a wall was around 2008 - 2011, correct?

I wasn't following anything on the network then, how does the current rating drop compare? And I mean more comparatively to other channels at the time, I imagine shit like streaming has probably had a noticeable effect over the years.

They're all dipping below a million viewers, except for Teen Titans Go, which the advertise incessantly and it normally only brings in around 1.1 million lately. What they're doing isn't working and they keep on doing it, they're seriously digging their own grave at this point.

Gumball and Cloudy both had 700k for premieres on Tuesday. TTG had 1.1m a few weeks ago.

Steven Universe went under 1m for the first time with Tiger Philanthropist, and with the random schedule change moving Room for Ruby moving up 30 minutes the day the episode was intended to premiere, things aren't looking up for that.

how many episodes does TTG have anyhow? how do they not run through the whole series in a week airing it that much?

Tiger Philanthropist probably didn't breach a million because the previous weeks episode (Rocknaldo) was so bad as to be torture.

And this is coming from someone who found some enjoyment in stinkers like Song for Sadie and Future Boy Zoltron.

This is how much the three shows they're currently spamming are doing.

It has 171, and will have 172 by the end of the week, so assuming they don't air the same episode twice, they're literally airing every episode.

coincidentally TTG has 172 episodes right now. doesnt matter because they essentially ignore S1 and air mostly S2 and S3 episodes. its common to see Pyramid Scheme more than once, maybe even more that twice a week

And if anything, Cloudy really should be cut because the character design is absolutely awful. It looks like the guy has a FUCK huge tumor on the side of his head rather than a nose.

The Jimmy/Timmy power hour thing should have taught everyone that moving 3D designs to 2D and vice versa is extremely difficult to do and keep it mildly competent.

I shit you not I've seen Pyramid Scheme at least twice in one day before. Even that recent BB + Raven shipping ep has aired 3 times on certain days since it's aired.

I'm not sure I understand why they even greenlit a cloudy with a chance of meatballs show, didn't the last movie come out in 2013?

Are they building interest for another movie or are they really just that hard up for shit to air?

>Moving 3D designs to 2D and vice versa is extremely difficult to do and keep it mildly competent.

You sure about that?

I was looking at other cartoon network shows and saw this. Can anyone explain whats going on here with be cool scooby doo?

The usual. They forgot it exists

One of the few cases where it works, but even there you can plainly tell that she (the character design) was originally designed in 3 dimensions and has been recreated in 2 dimensions.

Code Lyoko also faced the same problem, though they were helped by the series's ...odd 2D art style (fiveheads anyone?), the limitations on 3D modelling closing the distance in quality from normal hand drawn stuff, and the fact that both systems premiered at the same time for the show, rather than one following the other a few years later.

Here's the combined averages of the most recent ten episodes of each show listed on the chart, from highest to lowest:

>Teen Titans Go - 1.329 million
>Tom and Jerry Show - 1.216 million
>Steven Universe - 1.172 million
>Regular Show - 1.109 million [boosted due to series finale]
>We Bare Bears - 1.075 million
>Adventure Time - 1.027 million
>Mighty Magiswords - 0.994 million
>Gumball - 0.948 million
>Clarence - 0.937 million
>Justice League Action - 0.891 million
>The Powerpuff Girls - 0.881 million
>Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs - 0.877 million
>Uncle Grandpa - 0.707 million
>Lego Nexo Knights - 0.688 million
>My Knight and Me - 0.371 million
(No ratings available for Ninjago, Transformers, or Supernoobs)

>Cartoon Network
It's as much of cartoons as Much is of music.

>>Regular Show - 1.109 million [boosted due to series finale]
Yea, damn sad that the pre-finale episodes were getting constant .80s and .90s

Probably the same thing as Mystery Inc. CN forgot they had it, then quietly aired the second season in a dead timeslot once they remembered.

>6 shows currently averaging over 1 million viewers.
>Only air one of them in reruns now.
Alright, are there any decent theories about what the fuck is up with CN? I've seen plenty of conjecture but every way you analyze it it makes zero fucking sense from the perspective of a company trying to make money. What the fuck are they doing, what's the angle?

1.109 is still really good for a show that's been running for 7 years.

They're trying to air only kid stuff, nothing teen-wise.

I know, it's just 16/30 episodes being under 1 million sucks.

well, it's kinda backfiring on them, isn't it?

>5:00pm - Zoids
>5:30pm - DBZ
>6:00pm - Gundam Wing
>6:30pm - Batman Beyond
>7:00pm - Justice a League
>7:30pm - Samurai Jack

Can we have this Toonami back?

I get not airing it, but they didn't air an episode for an entire year then skip the second half of season 1 and go straight to airing season 2.

I've never watched the show but this seems weird even for cartoon network standards

I don't think so, they seem to be fine with 1 mils